Monk’s comments

Just now, Captain Scarlett said:

Monk will be gone in 3 months. Back on the merry go round of managers.

Wouldn't surprise me if Chansiri is ALREADY looking around and sounding out other potential managers.

Who ? ..............your guess is as good as mine. 

NOTHING will change whilst Chansiri is the owner. NOTHING !

The club's equity seems to have changed quite dramatically since he arrived.

We are not perceived by other clubs and fans in the same friendly way as we were before he came and waved his magic wand.

Our wage bill is higher than Sheffield Council's whole annual budget, when before it was on a par with the total wages of a small branch of MacDonalds.

We have a new scoreboard and a Desso pitch!

The EFL and all their officials now hate us, before it was just a nasty rumour.

Can we at least wait until Monk and his agent get us a load of players like they did at l**ds, Swansea and Birmingham, because they all seem to be doing quite well now. Maybe that's DC's masterplan? Goodbye to Doyen Sports Wealthy Old Player Recruitment Agency, hello to Merry Monk and Co's Fresh Dynamic Player Placements! Awesome!

lol

Why have we just spanked a big pile of money on loaning Wickham, Da Cruz and Windass if the playoffs are a pipedream that we were never really aiming for. Why aren't we using our stale midtable position to blood youngsters etc to develop the future of the club. Oh.. is it because Monk's talking utter rubbish and making the playoffs was always the intention.

If you need more evidence that Monk talks utter rubbish watch is latest post-match interview, where he just repeats Threat, Composure and Fight over and over and over and over. The man's a dunce.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Why have we just spanked a big pile of money on loaning Wickham, Da Cruz and Windass if the playoffs are a pipedream that we were never really aiming for. Why aren't we using our stale midtable position to blood youngsters etc to develop the future of the club. Oh.. is it because Monk's talking utter rubbish and making the playoffs was always the intention.

If you need more evidence that Monk talks utter rubbish watch is latest post-match interview, where he just repeats Threat, Composure and Fight over and over and over and over. The man's a dunce.

Probably been bought in for the relegation fight ..

After the points deduction..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I’m afraid I’m not. I know the question wasn’t aimed at me by the way. It’s not just results it’s the bloody performances. Watching Wednesday has become a chore and it shouldn’t be. The big worry for me is it has been the same at his previous clubs. I dont expect us to win every week playing attacking football. I do expect a well set up balanced team that works it’s socks off for each other. We were getting that under Bruce. We are getting the opposite under Monk. I see no point in sacking him now, there’s no obvious candidate, but I hope to God chansiri is seriously considering who he trusts to rebuild this summer

I had high hopes that Bruce would get to rebuild our team last summer, because we were not going anywhere this season otherwise. But Bruce would have been having all the same problems that we are having right now, because too many of our players cannot work their socks off for each other for more than a dozen games and we are now suffering the consequences, with another big pile of injuries. I have not been overly impressed with any of Bruce's signings with question marks on the fitness of Luongo, Borner and Odubajo, who can all be decent players when fully fit, but have not been able to play at a consistent level all season, which has seen them going in and out of the team, because we have no-one else. Iorfa and Harris have had some success, with Iorfa looking better and better with every game under Monk, but still prone to enough silly mistakes most games to keep us on the edges of our seats. Harris though has been looking less and less like the player he can be, with every game. Murphy actually has a lot to offer skill wise and has got much better under Monk, who has got him putting more effort into games, as have Iorfa and Fox, but seriously I think Bruce knew he was on a hiding to nothing this season and jumped ship at just the right time, considering our wealth of older players, lack of purchasing power and the impending points deduction.

Despite all the various issues, especially concerning our only regular goalscorer getting injured, I was enjoying the games up until Christmas, but if our recruitment department could have got the new loan players in at the beginning of January we might have been seeing some more promising performances before now, as it is we are now in the very early stages of changing our attack around. Prior to this with FF out injured yet again, our strikers missing more chances than a stuttering SNAP player and our defenders taking it in turns to commit defensive suicide, watching the recent games has been frustrating and draining for everybody. I tell you what though, I reckon it has taken it's toll on Garry Monk too, but I expect him to turn it around as much as he can with the games and players we have left.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Said the same regarding expensive loan players with fitness issues, but this has been the Chairman's recruitment policy for god knows how many years in January, with big noises about going for it etc when the season tickets come on sale. What else do you expect them to do? I would personally have loved to see us bring in a few young hungry players on loan that we have a good chance of signing in the summer and starting off the rebuilding process straight away, but it is going to take time and patience, which our fans do not have, so what does DC do? The same thing he has always done, he sticks an expensive plaster on it, which gives a statement of intent to those who cannot see through it and in the summer we have blown a load of money paying other teams unfit players instead of rebuilding OUR team. Well actually it's DC's team isn't it?

If Monk can get this lot playing we might just be able to give the play offs a go, but getting everybody fit in time to get enough results, is less likely than us getting an even bigger list of injured and unfit players that just limp along from one bad game to the next, but I reckon Monk can get a response and hopefully sooner rather than later.  

5 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Agree. The scouting team need to start earning their keep and get good young prospects on the cheap of course.

Our academy system needs a thorough shake up as well to bring players through. We seem to have a glut of U23s who will never make the step up to the first team. We've got to be more ruthless and recognise those below par and let them go. We need to build a development path with an excellent reputation for being players through to senior level that attracts young prospects countrywide.

Like I said before a root and branch transformation is required here.

Club needs a 5 year plan everything needs to start again from scratch from u18 upwards , a complete clearout of coaching staff too. 

• Like 1

I initially thought GM's comments were for the players, I think there is a lot more to these type of statements other than that of the context.

In that, they nasty man who shouts at you and calls your performances exactly how it is will still be here in the summer, you may not be though...........

38 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Club needs a 5 year plan everything needs to start again from scratch from u18 upwards , a complete clearout of coaching staff too. 

It may not necessitate a clear out of all staff. But a formal, robust performance review process must be implemented against agreed objectives. Our coaches need to be seen to be moving the club forward to stated goals, otherwise it's time to go.

Edited by OwlBiSeeinThi

40 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

We needed that 20 years but unfortunately fans don't have the patience for it, me included, although if there was a clear direction from the club, this was communicated to the fans and we could see some progress, it would be easier to buy into. 

I see gm has now added Urhoghide to his hit list.

Hes made the fatal mistake of playing well. Rhodes got a hatrick and then on to the hitlist. Harris seems to on the list too

I am being facitious but this is how it looks. Play well and you on on the hitlist. Be a proven flop and you are fine. 

What exactly has Urhoghide done to be on the hitlist other than play well? 

Its not the way to run a club where the inept get rewards and picked and those who play well get frozen out.

This waffenesque style will also make it very hard to sign good young players. Agents simply won't allow their players to come to wednesday when nsanity prevails. 

Come to wednesday and end your career. The list of talented players who have had their careers ruined since the owner arrived is endless. 

They arrive talented and leave with their careers in tatters. 

1 minute ago, Mrmason69 said:

Hes made the fatal mistake of playing well. Rhodes got a hatrick and then on to the hitlist. Harris seems to on the list too

I am being facitious but this is how it looks. Play well and you on on the hitlist. Be a proven flop and you are fine. 

Its not the way to run a club where the inept get rewards and picked and those who play well get frozen out.

This waffenesque style will also make it very hard to sign good young players. Agents simply won't allow their players to come to wednesday when nsanity prevails. 

Come to wednesday and end your career. The list of talented players who have had their careers ruined since the owner arrived is endless. 

Another great post pal 

Oh wait sorry , I’m lying 

1 minute ago, Mrmason69 said:

Urhoghide looked very shaky in the 5-0 defeat to Blackburn.

Monk has probably taken him out of the firing line in the short term, rather than continue to expose him when he's probably not quite ready to be first choice for a Championship side.

Hopefully the taste of first team football will stand him in good stead next time he's called upon.

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Urhoghide looked very shaky in the 5-0 defeat to Blackburn.

Monk has probably taken him out of the firing line in the short term, rather than continue to expose him when he's probably not quite ready to be first choice for a Championship side.

Hopefully the taste of first team football will stand him in good stead next time he's called upon.

Don't post sense the majority on here Will be upset

On 11/02/2020 at 10:44, soldierboyblue said:

I agree however could it be a bit of reverse psychology for the players as bigging them up doesn't seem to have worked for nigh on 4 seasons now.

Put the boot in and see how they react. Hopefully they will come out fighting and put a run together

I don't know about anyone else but I performed better at work when my boss wasn't putting the boot in.

2 hours ago, CANbus_nz said:

I initially thought GM's comments were for the players, I think there is a lot more to these type of statements other than that of the context.

In that, they nasty man who shouts at you and calls your performances exactly how it is will still be here in the summer, you may not be though...........

Monk isn’t smart enough for subtext. 

Smacks of arse covering & self preservation. 

20 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

ohboy.gif

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Plonk said:

I’m afraid I’m not. I know the question wasn’t aimed at me by the way. It’s not just results it’s the bloody performances. Watching Wednesday has become a chore and it shouldn’t be. The big worry for me is it has been the same at his previous clubs. I dont expect us to win every week playing attacking football. I do expect a well set up balanced team that works it’s socks off for each other. We were getting that under Bruce. We are getting the opposite under Monk. I see no point in sacking him now, there’s no obvious candidate, but I hope to God chansiri is seriously considering who he trusts to rebuild this summer

That pretty much sums up my feelings at the moment. Just renewed my season ticket though.....

I've lost faith in Monk's ability to turn this around. When he arrived he sounded like an intelligent bloke, which is my first criterion for a manager, but now he's sounding more and more ignorant with each interview