Monk’s comments

2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Big overall needed to many are going through the motions and they were doing so before monk came

The problem is Monk has exiled Westwood and Hutch for the wrong attitude but the ones left Bannan, Lees, Reach etc are the ones who look like they cannot be arsed on the pitch.

Add to that Dawson is going the same way he did under Jos conceding too many soft goals, he need resting or showing that these costly mistake lead to him being dropped, Palmer does not look fit and the like of Fessi, Da Cruz and Wickham need game time they cannot be expected to carry the team when they are not match fit. 

Then the manager seems to make so many tactical errors, we always start with the wrong formation, game plan or personnel, that leads to Monk pretty much every game having to either give them a kick up the backside at half time, or change players. Then when that does not work we resort to long ball, we put the lump on up front and hope he scores a goal, when you have a record of 4 goals in 30 appearances this season maybe Niuhu is not the best option to come on as an impact sub.

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Any manager with a game plan, a bit of passion and will to succeed - something it would appear we don't currently have. We have a manager writing of the season in February with the team 6 points outside the play offs with 15 games left.

Like..... Still a 100 to go

Just playing down the expectations on a bunch of weak willled players with little bottle that can't handle the pressure. 

Pretty standard talk really, try to lower expectations, so if you manage to surpass the lower bar set it looks better, when in reality we should be somewhere between 5 th and 10th for what we have now. We're only 6 points adrift with 15.games to go in a league where anyone can beat anyone on their day. 

2 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Like..... Still a 100 to go

Flores 

Marco Silva

Javi Garcia 

Mark Hughes 

Sam Allardyce

Nathan Jones 

Roberto Di Matteo

Jan Siewert

Tony Pulis

Martin O’Niell 

Colin

Aitor Karanka 

Paul Clement 

Steve Cotterill

Nigel Adkins 

Chris Hughton

Steve Mclaren 

Alex Mcgleish

Just a few for you

I would also add decent manager currently in work such as Jokanovic, Darren Moore doing a good job at Donny, Gareth Ainworth doing a great job currently at Wycombe got them playing good football and over achieving, if we want to go cheap again Robinson at Motherwell is currently doing a very good job on limit resources, or we could push the boat out and try and bring some one like Steven Gerard in a high profile manager which may be good to push the club forward though the Liverpool link may be an issue.

I am sure you will find fault with any of these option and instead stick with what we have and the exciting brand of football currently on offer.

Just now, SiJ said:

Yes, you mean the ones attending games and renewing season tickets? 

It doesn't matter what he says, he'll get criticised. If he says we're bang up for promotion....it's a clear lie and he'd crucified for it.

Thing is, some folk seem to only want him to be honest when it suits.

• Like 1

Just now, room0035 said:

Flores < who? Ex-Watford bloke? No chance 

Marco Silva < No chance

Javi Garcia < No chance

Mark Hughes < No chance

Sam Allardyce < No chance

Nathan Jones < Crap

Roberto Di Matteo < Crap

Jan Siewert < The one who failed at Huddersfield? 

Tony Pulis < No

Martin O’Niell < No and No chance

Colin < mmmm

Aitor Karanka < mmmm

Paul Clement < Crap

Steve Cotterill < Crap

Nigel Adkins < Crap

Chris Hughton < Already turned us down 

Steve Mclaren < No

Alex Mcgleish < McGleish? McCleish? Anyway - no. 

Just now, bigdan2003 said:

It doesn't matter what he says, he'll get criticised. If he says we're bang up for promotion....it's a clear lie and he'd crucified for it.

Thing is, some folk seem to only want him to be honest when it suits.

Just don't say anything then. 

We focus on the next game or something. 

2 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Don't think he said anything wrong just being realistic. If Westwood and Hutchinson are causing problems and disrupting dressing room (Not for first time ) then you want them are far away as possible, you could say we should have played Mc Gugan or Abdi just because we know they have the skill. well, no, Man management is making sure that everyone is playing fully committed and playing to full capacity, but you have to have replacements to come in if others not performing /off form and be able to trust them. Midfield, especially Joey &  Bannan have been under the spotlight but due to injuries we have not be able to do anything about it. If Lee, Reach and perhaps Luongo are fit that will help but I am sure its highlighted to Monk that we need a fresh midfield that he will be able to rectify in the summer. For now we need to keep together, keep fighting, keep away from injuries and hope that the new lads fit in and get fit quickly.

What if it was Fletcher and Iorfa who'd had a set to with him?

Would you be happy for them to be training with the kids and not playing?

Who would the supporters back if the results were as they are now and we'd dropped our top striker and best defender?

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Flores 

Marco Silva

Javi Garcia 

Mark Hughes 

Sam Allardyce

Nathan Jones 

Roberto Di Matteo

Jan Siewert

Tony Pulis

Martin O’Niell 

Colin

Aitor Karanka 

Paul Clement 

Steve Cotterill

Nigel Adkins 

Chris Hughton

Steve Mclaren 

Alex Mcgleish

Just a few for you

I would also add decent manager currently in work such as Jokanovic, Darren Moore doing a good job at Donny, Gareth Ainworth doing a great job currently at Wycombe got them playing good football and over achieving, if we want to go cheap again Robinson at Motherwell is currently doing a very good job on limit resources, or we could push the boat out and try and bring some one like Steven Gerard in a high profile manager which may be good to push the club forward though the Liverpool link may be an issue.

I am sure you will find fault with any of these option and instead stick with what we have and the exciting brand of football currently on offer.

Paul Clement?

Nigel Adkins?

STEVE MCLAREN?

:blink:

2 hours ago, prowl said:

We can play really well when we want but it's the inconsistency that stops us being worthy of promotion. Various managers have tried to sort it but it's ingrained in the squad. It's been going on for years. Even that first year under CC we seemed to do it.

If I had to guess I'd say it's down to lack of tactical intelligence. If we play a good team they come at us and we can counter attack which suits us. If they come and sit back we don't have any idea how to break them down. Poor teams are never going to attack us they are happy to get the draw. The problem is we over commit to going forward and get caught on the break. That would explain why we are better away than expected and worse at home.

Maybe it's oversimplistic.

Man City will not sit back.... Should be a walk in the parklol

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Seems to me that Chansiri didn’t give Monk the aim to get in the playoffs this season.  The lack of replacing Bruce quickly and potential issues with EFL would seem it’s likely Chansiri realised this season would be tough and he hired an experienced manager to oversee this difficult time until May. 

The fact the 10 year season ticket is valid even with new ownership suggests Chansiri isn’t planning on being here a long time. 

As for Monk I’m disappointed with the performances since Christmas and if he can’t get goals out of a squad with Wickham, Forestieri, Da Cruz, Windass, Murphy, Harris, even Reach and Bannan, then i don’t think he’s doing a good job 

Indeed and giving Monk a contract till May and not letting him bring in his own staff doesn’t exactly scream long term. There could be big changes ahead in the summer 

3 minutes ago, erowl said:

What if it was Fletcher and Iorfa who'd had a set to with him?

Would you be happy for them to be training with the kids and not playing?

Who would the supporters back if the results were as they are now and we'd dropped our top striker and best defender?

Valid point, but personally i would like a manager to stick by the team/club principles and ANYONE who doesn't comply with those gets kicked out.

Long term its the only way any organisation can grow 

As always we are just speculating that Westwood/Hutchinson have been playing up. Like we thought under Jos.

If so i don't care who they are - get rid!!!

The manager HAS to be in charge.

Just now, torres said:

Valid point, but personally i would like a manager to stick by the team/club principles and ANYONE who doesn't comply with those gets kicked out.

Long term its the only way any organisation can grow 

As always we are just speculating that Westwood/Hutchinson have been playing up. Like we thought under Jos.

If so i don't care who they are - get rid!!!

The manager HAS to be in charge.

Fair point torres but if we're both honest the supporters would crush the manager for these results if he'd done that to Fletch/Iorfa.

He's only getting some leeway now because some see Dawson & Pelupessy as able replacements ... I don't.