Monk’s comments

Err.... Are we having a massive argument about shades of meaning over something printed in The Star...

The Star....

Mmmmm

The Star eh?

Mmmmmmm....

The paper no one rates on OT and is nicknamed The Stir.

Come on boys get a grip.

Edited by Rev Owl

23 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'll have you know, I once guided Burton Albion to the Champions League on Football Manager, using a double-pivot at the base of midfield, inverted wingers, and a deep-lying target-man playing between the lines.

Monk could learn a thing or two from me.

399897367_FootballManager.jpg.c66d7c8e3558451301e02f42fc3be106.jpg

I'm more of a sliders to the right manager...!! lol

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really think Bruce would have sorted us long term. 

But he wasn't a long term manager. He fooked us over and left us when it mattered most.

That's like saying if Big Ron had stayed we'd have won the UEFA cup.

None of our managers have been long term in the last twenty years because we have impatient plonkers from the directors to the fan base.

7 hours ago, Minton said:

I don't get this site sometimes. 

Posters have been bleating on about the team being basically relegation fodder and we have been flattering to decieve for months and that Monk is deluded. Then when he comes out and says that we are above expectations and are a mid table team in reality he gets slated by the same people.

Madness 

Hallelujah. I'm glad it's not just me who thinks this.

33 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Name one manager who has over the last 20 years.

Few and far between, some have done a good job in the short term though at least.

23 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Err.... Are we having a massive argument about shades of meaning over something printed in The Star...

The Star....

Mmmmm

The Star eh?

Mmmmmmm....

The paper no one rates on OT and is nicknamed The Stir.

Come on boys get a grip.

Fair point, even though the article includes quotes the paper could have chosen which parts of the interview they wanted to put in print.

Instead i'll make my analysis based on what I can see the manager is doing to turn performances and results around....... 

6 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I cannot read the Star's stories now unless I am at home using a VPN, because I refuse to pay to read the tripe that makes up 905% of their SWFC output, so I apologise if my view is a bit off key, but the only thing that I would criticise the club for here, is the fact the chairman didn't say this and say it before the early bird season ticket deadline! Funny how this is only said after the deadline and it is the manager who has to say it, presumably in a straight answer to a question?

If you're going to renew to continue watching the lads what does it matter when he says it.

If your not renewing again what does it matter.

If he said we were going for the autos would you have renewed on that basis?

It's getting bloody boring listening to the whinge bags looking for any excuse to be negative.

I guess those who don't renew will then start moaning about POTG prices when our fortunes change.

Support the team or don't support the team, it really matters not one jot to anyone.

6 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I thought we were aiming for a play off place at least end of last season.
I didn't think Bruce with 20 years of manager experience and at nearly 60 was coming to consolidate in mid table for a couple of seasons.

But Bruce wasn't here at the start of the season. Why is everyone banging on about him.

The 2hat left us high and dry.

Just a thought. If Monk goes at the end of the season which for me is a strong possibility then that would be four championship jobs where he hasn’t lasted two minutes. For me he would be struggling to get another job so he has to make this work or at least show he’s got the ability to hang around at a club, build something, call it what you will. Let’s face it, this is a difficult club to succeed at particularly with our fan base. Because of the last two decades in particular we are either angry or apathetic which makes the whole atmosphere around the club difficult whether you’re the Chairman, the Manager or a Player.

4 hours ago, handworth52 said:

everyone knows this is the worst this league has been in many years .

Which only goes to confirm how far we have slipped.

If we had the 2015/16 team this season we'd be top 3 but we have a shadow of that team still wondering what could have been

Wake up peeps. This team needs ripping up to start again.

22 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

But he wasn't a long term manager. He fooked us over and left us when it mattered most.

That's like saying if Big Ron had stayed we'd have won the UEFA cup.

None of our managers have been long term in the last twenty years because we have impatient plonkers from the directors to the fan base.

Those managers - from Wilson onwards. How many of them moved on and been successful to a level at which we thought we’d missed a trick? 

The plonkers are the ones who appointed them. The fans have got FA to do with it. 

3 hours ago, swissmess said:

Who is happy with Monk's comments? Certainly not the people running the club and selling season tickets. The players? League doesnt matter, we have no chance of promotion....of course we will be trying....Yes, right, The fans? Expect loads of crap performances but it doesnt matter as long as we finish fourth from bottom. The religiophiles (Monk lovers) will spin it however they can to put a gloss on it. Reverse psychology....I kicked my old mother down the steps to toughen her up for her own good...yes thats believable. Takes the pressure off....of course with every fan out there waiting to see just how bad we can get under a manager with no ambition and all the religiophies expecting us to turn into Real Madrid because the brilliant man manager that is Monk has devised a cunning plan.

It was stupid, badly timed and shows he has lost the pot. The job is too big for him. It may be too big for anyone Chansiri won't give real power to.

Monk is already getting his excuses in. His eye is already on the next job. Fair enough, look after yourself and throw everyone else under a bus. Trouble is, the team is now theoretically stronger than when he said promotion was realistic. He picks the team, he sets the tactics and makes the substitutions. His own words on record are there for all to see. He is useless. The sooner we get rid the better.

Sorry was it Monk or Bruce who fizzed us over?

I have no problems monk calling players out

Far to long these nobodies have been protected for delivering nothing

We will soon see which players wanna play and who only care about the pay package

Then maybe people will stop defending 'amazing servert' *cringe* 

Guest Bulgaria
10 hours ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Sounds like a bit of fan conditioning...

Bad news coming our way IMO.

I honestly believe that those at the club know what's coming regarding a points deduction.

It would explain why our cup performances are so much better.

Obviously now I've said that..

Swfc 0 man City 5

11 hours ago, alanharper said:

Why were the playoffs never realistic?  We weren't too far short last season despite having a mostly dreadful first half under Jos, the squad was improved in the summer, and the Championship has been as mediocre as I can ever remember it this year. More than half the league should have been looking the playoffs as a realistic target this year. We finished 2 points behind Forest and 3 ahead of Preston, yet they certainly didn't say "the playoffs aren't realistic".

We've a good squad on paper, they've proved they're capable in games against the best sides in the division and were third in the league at the halfway point - it's the manager's job to get them to perform.

Maybe because we’ve had a stagnant quad off players where half of them are out of contract in the summer, rumours of infighting with some playing Billy big rounduns, also the EFL misconduct charge hanging over us, we’re in the worst position possible to be able to add quality....whilst other teams have added  in the transfer window and are probably a better prospect for the reasons I’ve just mentioned...we’ve tinkered and not exactly set the transfer market alight bringing in quality...(obvs hands are tied with that one) 

We’re currently a basket case that’s could get even worse, for me Monk in the circumstances is doing his best with the current situation. Do you really believe our situation will change by changing the manager now? If so who would you get in that would want to come into this shitstorm. 

We need to get to the end of the season hopefully the EFL punishment will not be too severe to relegate us, clear out the deadwood and reassess in terms of manager, try and start a fresh. 

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Monk's next press conference...

2040738559_CantHandleTheTruth.gif.cb883e9a5e1a71e9f430d6a9fc778f39.gif

That would be epic..... 

Bang the table, filter a cretin in and chuck a screwed up 20 quid note at a star reporter. 

Banging

Sheffield Wednesday cliche press conference ftw. 

Do it Monk, do It. 

• Haha 2