Frozen out players.

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

it do …...but I still cant believe that a manager whos job depends on results wouldn't pick who he thinks is his best goalie ….that 2 of the last 3 have gone for dawson who now has a 4 year contract that is probably costing us more than westwoods 18 months he's got left only adds to the intrigue . 

Indeed.. I expect nosey parkers like me will never know the truth because Jos' payoff will forbid it.. between Carlos..Jos and Bruce and Bullen there's a brilliant book to be written..

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

It's the start of a downward spiral we saw with Jos.

Good managers don't burn bridges.

I remember Pep and Yaya hating eachother, but Pep gave Toure game time near the end of his contract and he left with a reception he deserved.

I remember Mark Duffy and his agent coming in to Wilders office all Billy big rounduns .....that went well !!!

If the rumours are true ..F**k em both off 

Ps, it's the players that's burnt the bridges ffs 

Edited by the monk

Guest Kagoshimaowl
12 hours ago, Beholder said:

Is this good for a squad?

Is it right to label some players as toxic, or bad apples?

Is out of sight out of mind really a thing? 

Especially when those in question are such strong characters. 

No it’s a joke. He isn’t capable of handling them just like Jos. Interesting how Bruce could do it and like and behold, results were miles better!!

6 hours ago, Nero said:

Hmmm. I've tried to stay positive about Monks  approach for a couple of hours. I can agree we need some old favourites to leave so that's fine.

But I really cant convince myself yet that Monk has the skills and subtlety to do it properly. He has never done a squad change before. In his 5 terms as manager he's never been in a job long enough to change an inherited team succesfully.

His freeze em out ego battle approach might work in the long run but no one can point to any evidence yet as to why it will. Theres plenty of current evidence that it's going badly.

Results wise since he has decided to go down this route its clearly not working short term and he's presiding over the most boring and sometimes shockingly bad home performances for many years. (players at fault for these of course).

Fair play if he pulls it off from here on in.

The last time Monk was in charge of overhauling a team’s squad, it was at Middlesbrough.

In one transfer window, Boro transferred out 7 first team players (not including Rhodes, that deal pre-dated Monk’s appointment as manager) and he recruited 9 first teamers costing circa £35 million.

Made a total dog’s breakfast of the club and he was fired 6 months later.

At Birmingham, Monk kept most of the squad he inherited and changed very little.

• Thanks 1

The squad needs changing . Whatever manager is in charge it has to be done and past it crocks shouting the odds isn’t good for anybody . In hutchinsons case, he at least contributes but is far from irreplaceable and should go at the end of the year. Westwood should shut his gob and do his best to help the younger lads whilst he’s here. He’s paid very well and his performances have been embarrassing this season. The club owes him nothing , I really don’t blame monk one bit for this stance 

16 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Carlos got slated for this as did Jos.

My opinion for what its worth is that you pick your strongest team regardless of any issues you have, you have to be objective in your decision making.

Any player who runs out onto the pitch can play for his own pride, his own professionalism, for the fans and above all his duty to the club for giving him the opportunity to play for them with all the benefits that gives him. 

Many fans on OT, I would guess don't get on with their manager but they go home knowing they gave their best for the company if not for the manager. 

If I didn’t get on with my manager because I was trying to undermine him I couldn’t understand why he might want to

boot me out

4 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

No it’s a joke. He isn’t capable of handling them just like Jos. Interesting how Bruce could do it and like and behold, results were miles better!!

It's not ideal is it.

And it weakens Monks hand when picking the team.

Fine if he gets results.

But he isn't and if he carries on with this shitt from, it's too easy to point the finger at this being the reason. 

9 minutes ago, Beholder said:

It's not ideal is it.

And it weakens Monks hand when picking the team.

Fine if he gets results.

But he isn't and if he carries on with this shitt from, it's too easy to point the finger at this being the reason. 

It's not just results

It's the dogshit performances. We don't look like scoring never mind winning

And it's as boring as it ever was under Jos

Hopefully Wickham and the others will make a difference and get a win tomorrow to boost everybody's confidence a bit

10 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Why can’t it? 

So where's the proof to back that theory up then? 

9 hours ago, rickygoo said:

I don’t see why managers are infallible. Especially given the oddball way this football club seems to run. 

Nobody is saying managers are infallible, but you ulitimately have to respect the decision of the manager's team selection as he is the closest to the players on a day by day basis. 

If they are not being picked, then there's a reason. Those players need to show more as to why they should be being selected in the eyes of the manager or just be happy to collect a wage.

8 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Westwood said Jos told him he was being frozen out for financial reasons. Chansiri denied it. All a bit odd. I have no idea whether Jos and Monk are very different managers. Neither seems particularly happy go lucky!

Carlos, Bullen, Agnew/Clemence and Bruce seemed to get on OK with them. The first thing Bullen did was bring them back and he knows them pretty well. 

There’s a lot of bad mouthing of players who have served us well going off on here with a paucity of real evidence. 

If Westwood was not being played for financial reasons, then how is it given that we are in the brown stuff financially, he's since been restored to the 1st team? Doesn't really make any sense if what Westwood said was true.

Bullen may have brought both of them back when in charge, but perhaps given the fact that he's been at the club for as long as he has also needs to change. 

You say there's a lot of mouthing about players without any evidence, but can you honestly tell me that those not in the team are worthy of a place based on how they performed when in it? 

8 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Westwood said Jos told him he was being frozen out for financial reasons. Chansiri denied it. All a bit odd. I have no idea whether Jos and Monk are very different managers. Neither seems particularly happy go lucky!

Carlos, Bullen, Agnew/Clemence and Bruce seemed to get on OK with them. The first thing Bullen did was bring them back and he knows them pretty well. 

There’s a lot of bad mouthing of players who have served us well going off on here with a paucity of real evidence. 

The only problem with this post is that the players have not “served us well”. 

They have been collective failures. Way too comfortable. Being paid handsomely for under performing year after year. 

Said this before but we have an ageing squad of weak, under performing individuals that should hang their heads in shame when they look back at the last 3 years. 

Ultimately no club can have players calling the shots in the dressing room. The manager has to live or die by his decisions and results but to have any chance of success, he has to have control. 

I bet Monk can’t wait to clear out the old guard who have been here far too long and replace them with his players. It’s only then that we can really judge if Monk will be a success or failure. 

I don't know whats going off or gone off, we all have ideas etc , but we are in a relegation fight lets not kid ourselves ,we need to be looking at 68-70 points either to make playoffs or be 21 points above 3rd bottom if efl hit us with maximum what they can . id sooner have hutch and westwood available we cant continue to leak goals . the midfield seriously worries me we have murphy and harris on wings doing nothing almost a total waste of time (harris form has plummeted) then we have the weakest 2 in centre mid in championship in bannan and pelupessy  , llongo is continually injured ,lee is past it , and now he wont touch Hutchinson leaving us with only u23 jack hunt who is 8 stone wet through as available.  I want to be able to judge monk with his own players which hopefully he will get in the  summer but somethings not right at the club. I hope monk aint been too stubborn as with all these games coming up we seriously might need westwood and hutch . what happens if dawson gets injured? what then? put mr kamikaze in net? anyone who has seen any u23 game or highlights knows what im on about.

8 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I see a pattern forming here ...

Get shot of the dead wood

Give the Estate Agent the size 12 

He's the problem ...

I definitely think GM needs to bring in his own assistant(s). As for those ho scream continuity, I for one do not want the continuity we've had for the last 20 years or even 2 years. Bit more fresh thinking as well as players required.