Frozen out players.

any manager lives or dies on results .if monk thinks he can get better results without certain players then he gets my support …. BUT  he needs to get better results .,,,,jos didn't and it cost him his job lets hope it doesn't monk . 

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

If it were two very different managers at odds with different players you'd have a point.. however..

Westwood said Jos told him he was being frozen out for financial reasons. Chansiri denied it. All a bit odd. I have no idea whether Jos and Monk are very different managers. Neither seems particularly happy go lucky!

Carlos, Bullen, Agnew/Clemence and Bruce seemed to get on OK with them. The first thing Bullen did was bring them back and he knows them pretty well. 

There’s a lot of bad mouthing of players who have served us well going off on here with a paucity of real evidence. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Westwood said Jos told him he was being frozen out for financial reasons. Chansiri denied it. All a bit odd. I have no idea whether Jos and Monk are very different managers. Neither seems particularly happy go lucky!

Carlos, Bullen, Agnew/Clemence and Bruce seemed to get on OK with them. The first thing Bullen did was bring them back and he knows them pretty well. 

There’s a lot of bad mouthing of players who have served us well going off on here with a paucity of real evidence. 

Good grief.. this is poor from you.. it's like you've phoned one in there..

Hmmm. I've tried to stay positive about Monks  approach for a couple of hours. I can agree we need some old favourites to leave so that's fine.

But I really cant convince myself yet that Monk has the skills and subtlety to do it properly. He has never done a squad change before. In his 5 terms as manager he's never been in a job long enough to change an inherited team succesfully.

His freeze em out ego battle approach might work in the long run but no one can point to any evidence yet as to why it will. Theres plenty of current evidence that it's going badly.

Results wise since he has decided to go down this route its clearly not working short term and he's presiding over the most boring and sometimes shockingly bad home performances for many years. (players at fault for these of course).

Fair play if he pulls it off from here on in.

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Hmmm. I've tried to stay positive about Monks  approach for a couple of hours. I can agree we need some old favourites to leave so that's fine.

But I really cant convince myself yet that Monk has the skills and subtlety to do it properly. He has never done a squad change before. In his 5 terms as manager he's never been in a job long enough to change an inherited team succesfully.

His freeze em out ego battle approach might work in the long run but no one can point to any evidence yet as to why it will. Theres plenty of current evidence that it's going badly.

Results wise since he has decided to go down this route its clearly not working short term and he's presiding over the most boring and sometimes shockingly bad home performances for many years. (players at fault for these of course).

Fair play if he pulls it off from here on in.

You make fair points.. but he's lost his goal scorer.. luongo.. Palmer.. and a few playing silly trousers.. give him a chance?

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I’m not saying they will or should. If you think you’re correct then fair play. 

That interview was interesting..it means that out of three people .. there's at least one liar at the club..at that time.

Edited by Costello 77

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Depends how you are defining command.   The only evidence that you seem to be presenting is that they been there for a few years.  Doesn't mean they are running the place.

For we all know they might all be passive and just go with the flow.  From time to time there are going to be conflicts its how the manager deals with it.    

Well no not now because 2 of them have just been told to train with the 23's.. again! 

10 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

That interview was interesting..it means that out of three people .. there's at least one liar at the club..at that time.

it do …...but I still cant believe that a manager whos job depends on results wouldn't pick who he thinks is his best goalie ….that 2 of the last 3 have gone for dawson who now has a 4 year contract that is probably costing us more than westwoods 18 months he's got left only adds to the intrigue .