Frozen out players.

Can't have senior players going out of their way to undermine a manager, let alone two of them. 

What kind of message does it set within the dressing room if that sort of thing is tolerated? 

Bloody inmates running the asylum. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 3

Carlos got slated for this as did Jos.

My opinion for what its worth is that you pick your strongest team regardless of any issues you have, you have to be objective in your decision making.

Any player who runs out onto the pitch can play for his own pride, his own professionalism, for the fans and above all his duty to the club for giving him the opportunity to play for them with all the benefits that gives him. 

Many fans on OT, I would guess don't get on with their manager but they go home knowing they gave their best for the company if not for the manager. 

I guess we are talking about Westwood and Hutchinson. Yes team will be better in the short term if these two play but after 2 or 3 games it would have a bad effect on team spirit.
We have over indulged players in the past (FF being the prime example) and in the medium to long term you always end up worse off.

Without knowing the details, it's impossible to assess whether it's reasonable or indeed the best course of action.

Having said that, there has to such a thing as squad discipline, and there has to be a line beyond which players need to know they can't go.

I suppose it's safe to at least assume that Monk feels Hutchinson and Westwood have gone beyond that line.

I hope for the sake of squad harmony that the rest of the squad are in broad agreement with Monk on this - it's if they aren't when you can get the real problems. Time will tell on that, although with Hutchinson's contract up in the summer, I suppose a line will be drawn under his case at the end of the season anyway.

Maybe the door isn't completely shut on them though. If they've stepped out of line and they have something to apologize for then perhaps that'll be all that's needed to be given another chance; in which case Monk might well be compelled to do so - but even so, Monk might even hope he's not put in that position.

One way or another it's a test for Monk, but from the view of a fan who only wants to see the best possible team named each week, I hope to see Hutchinson (at least) in a Wednesday shirt again before this summer.

Edited by cowl
  • Thanks 1

I think the fact that the same couple of players appear to be involved yet again makes me give Jos a bit more credit than I previously thought he deserved. As for the current situation, back the Coach & ship the trouble causers out as soon as their contracts allow.

You have to trust the players, can Monk trust Westwood and Hutchinson.to do as instructed ?

Can be very disruptive to the squad so I would exclude doesn't matter how big the player. They cannot be bigger than manager or club

We have to build for the future, they wont be here in the summer so lets start building now

8 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

It's the start of a downward spiral we saw with Jos.

Good managers don't burn bridges.

I remember Pep and Yaya hating eachother, but Pep gave Toure game time near the end of his contract and he left with a reception he deserved.

This is what I'm on about..Toure was world class working with an elite coach.. our two aren't big enough to get that kind of treatment..

Depends on who the players are.

If they are liked/respected among the other players. Also whether or not the other players feel it is fair.

Westwood and Hutchinson are two of the biggest personalities in the squad. I would imagine they carry a lot of weight and respect among the squad.

Hope Monk knows what he is doing. Btw I support the manager 100%. He is the boss. 

It's his way or the highway.

But we all know that's not how football works...unfortunately.