Frozen out players.

typical journo trying to keep on monks good side , will Hutchinson or westwood be considered again this season? yes or no? monk often raved about hutch he likes his aggression and that's what monk says he wants from his players ,that would be his type of player if and when he signs players in summer , so love to know exactly whats gone off.

47 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Couple of things.. I can see that you've been on here enough to realise that I'm not precious about people disagreeing with my opinions..lol 

If Monk brings Hutchinson back then he'll have his reasons..me? He can go.

I look forward to you expressing your view about Hutchinson as strongly as you are now then should Monk bring him back in.

They’ve been good servants, but both can leave for me

You only have to look across at the red third of the city to see what is possible with a group of players all pulling in the same direction. We can’t carry divas who get upset when they lose their place in the team  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stoop said:

They’ve been good servants, but both can leave for me

You only have to look across at the red third of the city to see what is possible with a group of players all pulling in the same direction. We can’t carry divas who get upset when they lose their place in the team  

You mean we've paid them flip loads of money to play football once a week...or not as the case may be? 

I don't think they have remained here out of loyalty like we would have...

Just now, cowl said:

...and sometimes perhaps as you want to see it too...

Of course.. that's how opinion works.

A lot of what I think of our club is emotional.. I'm normally reasonable during the more turbulent times (when we lose) but I have got a strong opinion in this matter..no agenda.. I've stated clearly what I think and why..

47 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

typical journo trying to keep on monks good side , will Hutchinson or westwood be considered again this season? yes or no? monk often raved about hutch he likes his aggression and that's what monk says he wants from his players ,that would be his type of player if and when he signs players in summer , so love to know exactly whats gone off.

I agree I think we are all starting to understand there aint nothing unusual about whats happened regarding Westwood but Hutchinson seems a professional I know there are a group of players who command the dressing room and have for some time, and maybe haven't been as welcoming of some new players as they could have been in the past (all the rumours about Rhodes for example) but its hard to see whats gone off.. Then again Jos dropped them asap, maybe it was just a matter of time before Bruce would have done the same..

15 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

I agree I think we are all starting to understand there aint nothing unusual about whats happened regarding Westwood but Hutchinson seems a professional I know there are a group of players who command the dressing room and have for some time, and maybe haven't been as welcoming of some new players as they could have been in the past (all the rumours about Rhodes for example) but its hard to see whats gone off.. Then again Jos dropped them asap, maybe it was just a matter of time before Bruce would have done the same..

Where do you find this sort of thing out?  Do you know any of the players?

I don't think in my time following Wednesday I've seen a keeper subbed more than Westwood or a player who's more guaranteed a booking than Hutchinson.

Yeah great, have the odd decent game in a handful and whip the fans into a frenzy by making a bone crunching challenge.

Monk should have the opportunity to bring his own players in and not be left with any opportunities to throw any under the bus. 

We've all said for the last few years that players need to be moved on if we are to 'compete' in this league again. At the minute we've got many that are way too comfortable at this level, and the thought of hitting the PL stops the gravy train for them.

If they aren't involved in the 1st team squad, there's a reason, and it's not the first time with these two - can't all be down to the manager now can it? 

23 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Where do you find this sort of thing out?  Do you know any of the players?

Well theres a group of players who have been at the club through 3/4 managers Bannan Hutchinson Westwood Lee etc so to say theres a group of players who command the dressing room and have for some time isn't exactly outlandish is it

Edited by keepitsteel89

4 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Well theres a group of players who have been at the club through 3/4 managers Bannan Hutchinson Westwood Lee etc so to say theres a group of players who command the dressing room and have for some time isn't exactly outlandish is it

Depends how you are defining command.   The only evidence that you seem to be presenting is that they been there for a few years.  Doesn't mean they are running the place.

For we all know they might all be passive and just go with the flow.  From time to time there are going to be conflicts its how the manager deals with it.