Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

Remember driving back through Leicester, listening to Radio Leic. and a fan phoning in saying( Pearson out), and why can't we get quality players like Wickham in on loan? after he had scored the winner for us. Didn't he score both against Leic in Gray's first game in charge when we beat them at home as well.

26 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Woy Hodgson seems to have faith in the player, in a higher quality league.

Not a long shot.

Can’t agree that only selecting Wickham for a handful of games in 18 months, being behind Benteke in the pecking order, looking to bring in  

Tosun on loan and allegedly being prepared to send Connor out on loan suggests Hodgson has faith in him. 

Just now, Dexter Morgan said:

I’m in the minority but I’d take Madine all day, twice the forward Nuhiu is 

He seriously isn't twice the player Nuhiu is. And I don't even rate Nuhiu. 

Madine has 3 goals in his last 45 games by the way stretching back about 2 years. 

9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Twice the forward as Nuhiu still works out as still rubbish.  Cardiff lost 6 million and no goals scored in two years they don't release a 6 million player for nothing.

Does he still have demons?

Yes he played for the unwashed 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Can’t agree that only selecting Wickham for a handful of games in 18 months, being behind Benteke in the pecking order, looking to bring in  

Tosun on loan and allegedly being prepared to send Connor out on loan suggests Hodgson has faith in him. 

My brother is a CPFC season ticket holder - he says that, yes , he scored against West Ham, but that he’s not fully fit and looked well off the pace.

we need someone who can hit the ground running and make an impact straight away

In our current financial state, this would be a very good signing. People forget that we are financially behind the 8 ball. 

However, this smells of a last minute deal and depending on Palace signing some unknown African kid for £27m first. 

3 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

My brother is a CPFC season ticket holder - he says that, yes , he scored against West Ham, but that he’s not fully fit and looked well off the pace.

we need someone who can hit the ground running and make an impact straight away

Yes I watched that game, and he did seem a bit ring rusty Guess that’s what you are up against when you loan players who haven’t been part of the first team set up In fact, unlike younger players, they probably haven’t had any time at all on the pitch

Could be an excellent coupe...IF he is fit.

However since he last played for us he has only scored EIGHT(8) goals in almost SIX(6) years....for a striker those numbers are worrying. I know he's had two big injury set backs but even still I feel like he is a gamble - but a gamble absolutely worth taking.