Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

Aargh. We've just had our best player injured and people are gutted...

But see this as a good signing. :duntmatter:

Lets get Fryatt back first then see if we can pinch Ben Marshall back and contact the mosque to see if Jeremy is available too. Living in the 1990s mentality still innit. 

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Lets get Fryatt back first then see if we can pinch Ben Marshall back and contact the mosque to see if Jeremy is available too. Living in the 1990s mentality still innit. 

Who would you sign then?

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

:duntmatter:

17 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Who would you sign then? 

Seriously...

Who is available, that we can bring in with only a few weeks of this window left? 

Edited by SiJ

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Can’t agree that only selecting Wickham for a handful of games in 18 months, being behind Benteke in the pecking order, looking to bring in  

Tosun on loan and allegedly being prepared to send Connor out on loan suggests Hodgson has faith in him. 

Has he not been playing, and scored recently, after coming back from injury ? 

36 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes I watched that game, and he did seem a bit ring rusty Guess that’s what you are up against when you loan players who haven’t been part of the first team set up In fact, unlike younger players, they probably haven’t had any time at all on the pitch

So if you were in charge of recruitment yes or no 

no ifs or buts

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Who would you sign then? 

Seriously...

Who is available, that we can bring in with only a few weeks of this window left? 

Well he might be one of the only options in reality. I'd back him if he signed of course but I just think its funny how he's played less in 4 years than Fletcher has in the last 5 month. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Well he might be one of the only options in reality. I'd back him if he signed of course but I just think its funny how he's played less in 4 years than Fletcher has in the last 5 month. 

Desperate times call for desperate measures. 

We've just lost our best striker for pretty much the rest of the season. 

No chance we are going to be splashing the cash, so we have to turn to loans. 

If we can get Wickham plus one other (hopefully someone with a bit of pace), then we might be ok. 

2 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

History and precedent are against this move. Players who have been out (injured or form) as long as Wickham simply don’t come back anywhere near their best. Nostalgia and sentiment aren’t the basis for our decision making in the current climate. Gotta hope that our recruitment team have something less long shot up their sleeves. 

He doesn't need to be as good as he was to tear this league a new one. He's quality.

With Fletcher out I was writing this season off, If Wickham is signed I'll get my mojo back. Let's just be positive for a change.

As Wednesday fans we are used to things going wrong, negativity is ingrained. Can we just be positive for a bit. I'm sure some fans will be saying he's rubbish 10 minutes into the first game (if we get hin) can we just dream between now and until 10 minutes after that kick off.

• Like 1