Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

3 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Don't see what benefit that would have for Palace.

In their match day squad this past month, worth a few quid if they were looking to sell, yet they'd let us have him on loan and pay his full salary for the pleasure...

I've been praying for his return, the part about Palae paying his wages is too good to be true.

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Yep, married to a massive Wednesday Fan. Hopefully she'll ask him nicely to come and play for us. Or maybe she'll just tell him and he'll have no choice :biggrin:

Both his wife and father in law are members on here ! Just asked his father in law (on Twitter) if he’s ITK and he replied , with a lips zipped emoji . Make of that what you will ? 

Edited by brian joicey
  • Like 2

Could turn out to be a very smart loan deal if he can stay fit.

The few times I've seen him play for palace he still appeared to retain his ability and looked decent.

Still a good age too...do we think there is a chance of a perm deal in the summer as fletch and Rhodes are out of contract arnt they?

Wickham will have a year left so may not cost a lot. Suppose it depends how he does with us though....kind of a double edged sword.

History and precedent are against this move. Players who have been out (injured or form) as long as Wickham simply don’t come back anywhere near their best. Nostalgia and sentiment aren’t the basis for our decision making in the current climate. Gotta hope that our recruitment team have something less long shot up their sleeves. 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Just his injury record is concerning and his goal scoring record isn't scintillating.

Will have to give him time to see what he can do. 

Got to be better than what we have at the moment I guess.

If it wasn’t for his injury record we would not have a chance of getting him on loan 

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Just his injury record is concerning and his goal scoring record isn't scintillating.

Will have to give him time to see what he can do. 

Got to be better than what we have at the moment I guess.

Agree in part, I thought his goal scoring re it's was ok for us.

If he is the same player we had way back when, he can hold the ball up / lay it off - something that Rhodes and Winnall seem incapable of.

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

History and precedent are against this move. Players who have been out (injured or form) as long as Wickham simply don’t come back anywhere near their best. Nostalgia and sentiment aren’t the basis for our decision making in the current climate. Gotta hope that our recruitment team have something less long shot up their sleeves. 

Is that your assumption or club policy?   Can't see it been policy would be a little strange.

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Agree in part, I thought his goal scoring re it's was ok for us.

If he is the same player we had way back when, he can hold the ball up / lay it off - something that Rhodes and Winnall seem incapable of.

That’s why I’m tempted, as I recall, he had a decent all round game

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That’s why I’m tempted, as I recall, he had a decent all round game

For me it's a no brainer. But I can't see it happening until the end of the window (if at all) -he's back in the frame at Selhurst and I've not seen them bringing anyone in yet.

14 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Woy Hodgson seems to have faith in the player, in a higher quality league.

Not a long shot.

38 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

Both his wife and father in law are members on here ! Just asked his father in law (on Twitter) if he’s ITK and he replied , with a lips zipped emoji . Make of that what you will ? 

I will try 

23 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

Yes he has a Son with her. She’s my mates daughter. 

Makes sense that he’d want the move then I suppose.