Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

I do share the concerns about his fitness, but just consider what our medical and sports science team have done this year.....look at Hutchinson, available for most games

Who knows, that might be part of the reason he is coming to us, maybe we have a new found positive reputation in this area....we keep him fit and it is a win for us, he stays fit and it is a win for palace

'Well I would have him back in a heartbeat.  Been out a long time, so has a lot to prove and is a good age.  Yes he looked a tad rusty in the few Palace games I've seen him in, but still looks a proper class footballer.  With the connections sure he would be up for it too.

Shame about his "goal" above, hate what VAR has become, anyone see Pukki's goal ruled out the other week, absolutely criminal.  Its suppose to correct clear and obvious errors, not be an exact forensic science.

• Like 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Back on this “Palace will pay his wages” comment.

I know it was probably a misread tweet, but I’m sure I read, a couple of years ago, that Palace’s loan policy was to pay the player’s wage with the club only paying if he wasn’t selected to play.

Palace took the view that their player gets game time, or the club get some cash. (Seems like Liverpool and Chelsea want both).

Not sure if Palace’s approach is still the same (or I’m imagining it all) but for Wickham we would get a quality player for little outlay whilst Palace get their player match fit ready for next season or in the shop window. If he spends most of his time out injured it’s no loss (financially) to either club.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Shame about his "goal" above, hate what VAR has become, anyone see Pukki's goal ruled out the other week, absolutely criminal.  Its suppose to correct clear and obvious errors, not be an exact forensic science.

It counted really, VAR checked and he was onside :)

EPL_2020.Norwich_City_vs.Crystal.Palace.010120_NBC.1080p.30fps.mkv_snapshot_01_46_03_057.thumb.jpg.e97aaf6a55145638f134b8c069120841.jpg

EPL_2020.Norwich_City_vs.Crystal.Palace.010120_NBC.1080p_30fps.mkv_snapshot_01_47_30_277.thumb.jpg.57df5d11885328b739b7fc363f9d7782.jpg

(Still have the match on my HDD) :)

12 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

It counted really, VAR checked and he was onside :)

EPL_2020.Norwich_City_vs.Crystal.Palace.010120_NBC.1080p.30fps.mkv_snapshot_01_46_03_057.thumb.jpg.e97aaf6a55145638f134b8c069120841.jpg

EPL_2020.Norwich_City_vs.Crystal.Palace.010120_NBC.1080p_30fps.mkv_snapshot_01_47_30_277.thumb.jpg.57df5d11885328b739b7fc363f9d7782.jpg

(Still have the match on my HDD) :)

Excellent, to be fair I did not see the Norwich Palace game so assumed the previous post was correct. Still hate VAR for off sides though.

20 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Still hate VAR for off sides though.

I don't mind it for blatant decisions but some of these microscopic decisions are absolutely ludicrous, that's where the ref checking on a pitchside monitor would be better because he wouldn't be able to differentiate when we're talking 1 or 2 mm but he would be able to when it's a couple of inches or whatever.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

I don't mind it for blatant decisions but some of these microscopic decisions are absolutely ludicrous, that's where the ref checking on a pitchside monitor would be better because he wouldn't be able to differentiate when we're talking 1 or 2 mm but he would be able to when it's a couple of inches or whatever.

Yes without the lines and prevarication from afar it would be better.  If the ref just gets a second look at it on the monitor and makes a judgement call, giving the benefit to the attacker, it would be much better, and not much more than the old fashioned consulting  with a linesman.