Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

1 hour ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

I don't mind it for blatant decisions but some of these microscopic decisions are absolutely ludicrous, that's where the ref checking on a pitchside monitor would be better because he wouldn't be able to differentiate when we're talking 1 or 2 mm but he would be able to when it's a couple of inches or whatever.

Exactly there's no way it's that accurate.

If it is not clean cut, half the chest or whatever beyond, then the refs decision should stand, otherwise it's just another opinion on top of his equally valid one.

There was quite a bit of fog in one of the recent games, and a weird camera angle, impossible to tell but still pretended they could.

Guest Ferkorf

Another crock thats injured more time than fit.

BUT IF WE KEEP HIM FIT....

We cant and don't though do we, I honestly hope to god we don't sign him 

Lot of effort from Connor Wickham to make it happen, bit of an ITK source tells me he wanted to come in summer and if Bruce could’ve moved Rhodes out Wickham was his No 1 target 

We are dealing in loans If we want experience, which we generally do, then the options are generally outcasts, or players returning from injury. It’s a risk, but as we’ve seen with Fletcher, they can add something if they can stay fit

There are two things that should worries us if there is a real chance of Wickham coming, one is his fitness record, the other is our scouting ability. The first of those we have discussed and are pretty much all aware of, but do we still have the scouts that Bruce brought in, or did they go off with him to Newcastle, because there have been a hell of a lot of strikers come and go to different teams over the years between now and getting Wickham on loan the first time around. Has no new talent emerged since then with better fitness and goalscoring records? Have we got any new talent scout-wise that might be capable of spotting good up and coming players for us? Surely we cannot afford not to have a decent scout or two, especially with all the money we have wasted on unfit players who are 28 or over, that already have reputations, clubs queuing up for them, high signing on fees, high transfer fees, or wage demands and all the rest of the baggage that comes with such players, such as fitness niggles, high expectations etc.

I know Fletcher's highest number of goals per season is poor, but can't we go for somebody that has at least shown capable of scoring 20 goals plus a season, because Wickam's highest score is not much better (only managing as many as 15 one season). Without a more prolific striker and if we are going to keep playing just one striker and two wingers, we are going to have a tough time goal-wise, unless one (or several) of our other goal shy players suddenly become prolific. I don't think Connor Wickham has scored more than half a dozen in a season since he played for us, has he? If we are going to be missing Fletch for at least two months, i really do think we need to have another good look around and by we I do not mean DC and his con men chums at Doyen or whatever they are called now.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

He seriously isn't twice the player Nuhiu is. And I don't even rate Nuhiu. 

Madine has 3 goals in his last 45 games by the way stretching back about 2 years. 

wasn’t aware of that, thanks, I just meant with pace, heading ability and finishing 

After having time to reflect on the possible signing of Wickham the following doubts have crept in.

If Wickham had never played for us would we be so eager to sign him?  Taking into consideration his injury record and lack of playing time.

Wouldn't we all be accusing the club of taking another gamble on a players fitness?