10 hours ago, vulva said:

Borner reminds me a bit of Paul McGrath in terms of his style. Not that big, not that quick, not dominant in the air. But, can read a game, and strolls through games. Said it before, but he could end up as a cult hero here. 

Good shout that.  

It had been bugging me who he reminded me of (in terms of playing style) and I settled upon Lawrie Madden. 

Really like him.

Good player and has  good attitude too.

Very much a cult hero in the making and wouldn't surprise me if he's in with a shout of our POTY.

Something about that Bundesliga 2. Number of players have come from there in the last few seasons and done well in the Champ - Norwich, Huddersfield under Wagner.

Certainly seems like a market to look into. 

Edited by SiJ

Hector and Borner would have made a tremendous pairing. Hector oozed class could bring the ball forward and pass short or long, Borner doesn't appear to do much of the offensive stuff but he also doesn't appear prone to the odd clanger like Hector could. The thing is I'm not bothered at all about that because I like my defenders to defend. Borner was a free I believe whereas Hector has reputedly cost Fulham £8m. Think we've got the right one myself.

37 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Can of worms here but hector or borner ? For me borner a more solid defender so far 

Has to be Borner. 

Heck, by virtue of him being on a free and probably earning a relatively small amount, it has to be Borner. 

The fact he's a very capable defender only adds to it. 

Wht do we insist on talking about a player who no longer plays for us, and was only a loan player anyway. I am certain that H****r had his chance to return to Wednesday and didn't, so forget him! We have a replacement called Borner who seems to be fitting a Wednesday shirt very well., so for heaven's sake, let's back him. Lool forward not back.