11 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Bloody he'll I was only thinking the same during the first half re Thome

Me too. Said as much to my mate, he's got that same all or nothing look about him that Thome had. If he goes for a ball he's fully committed. Also happy to come out with the ball from the back. Did it a couple of times first half and Hutch sat in to cover for him. 

First I impressions suggest he could he a steal, hopefully he can continue in this vein.

He's been fantastic so far in both league games.  Today we never looked like conceding because he was absolutely everywhere.  Just when you think the 'keeper is beater, who pops up to belt it off the line?  He was MOTM for me today in a very good attacking performance.  I think he'll get a few goals at corners too as he seems really good in the air.

He's exactly what Tom Lees needs too.  A steady head so he doesn't have to do all the thinking.

Just not bothered...

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Played well but not getting carried away just yet. Bit slow on the turn. We’ve beat Reading and Barnsley. Both are League 1 sides imo. 

Wednesday played really well today and were miles better than an awful Barnsley side. 

Borner reminds me me a little bit of Emerson Thome. 

Said that meself today Vulvs re Thome. 

Very solid debut. 

Watched Borner at Lincoln and thought we had got a dud.

Looked like a farmer and played like one.

Been very good in the two league games.

Obviously a leader and has got that useful ability for a defender of often being in the right place 

3 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Germans tend to adapt well here, seems like good business.

It’s long been thought that the two nations in Europe whose styles are closest are us and Germany - usually direct and high tempo - so I’m more confident signing a player from there than other nations we could’ve gone too.