2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

He's much better than loovens IMO.

Tbf, I thought big Glenn was outstanding for a few seasons at Wednesday. Quality defender and a proper leader. 

But yeah, I think Borner might be an upgrade. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, I thought big Glenn was outstanding for a few seasons at Wednesday. Quality defender and a proper leader. 

But yeah, I think Borner might be an upgrade. 

7 minutes ago, markg said:

I agree, he looks it. I just meant in the way that he makes things look easy and has a calming effect across the back lines. 

Nothing against GL as he was fantastic on and off the field for us but Borner just looks a class above, we should have made this kind of signing in 2016.

50 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I don't advocate playing a back three with these guys, but none deserve to be left out.

Given how both Iorfa and Borner are more than comfortable at bringing the ball out from the back, having Lees in the centre of a back three wouldn't be a bad setup in my mind. No point changing the current lineup while we're picking up results though.

Would quite like to see it tried against Brighton actually, but I assume we're going to be dropping half the first team for that match.

Guest Theboylangers

An absolute warrior, top quality and in my opinion, him and Iorfa would net us a minimum of £10m if sold. 

Please don't sell either DC, these guys will take us all the way (hopefully)....

Börner is a very good defender but I think it’s a bit early to say he is better than Loovens.

Of course Loovens struggled towards the end of his time here but for at least 2 seasons he was unbeatable and we had clean sheets galore.

He had a great career at a high level 

11 hours ago, Dan™ said:

Given how both Iorfa and Borner are more than comfortable at bringing the ball out from the back, having Lees in the centre of a back three wouldn't be a bad setup in my mind. No point changing the current lineup while we're picking up results though.

Would quite like to see it tried against Brighton actually, but I assume we're going to be dropping half the first team for that match.

Half !?

After playing 4 games in eleven days the team at Brighton will be unrecognisable. Don’t think most will even get on the bus/plane. And rightly so.

Expect Westwood, Moses, Thorniley, Joey, Lee, Murphy, FF, Nuhiu, Winnall etc to be the team to play Brighton U23s.

Has a bit of the Roland Nilsson about him. Makes it look easier than it is hard as nails as well. He's a real reader of the game and has enough skill and pace to make it happen.

Bannans getting back to his best as well, a couple more in front that read the game as well as these two and we would walk out of the Championship....!!!!

12 hours ago, Dan™ said:

Lees cannot pass well enough to be at the centre. The opposition would just allow Lees to have the ball knowing a 'Tom Lees lump' would be on it's way.

For the central position there sre two player that can defence well, read the game well and can pass well.

The German and The Pyscho