I’m not as convinced as everyone else. 

He has many many qualities, but he does have weaknesses. He doesn’t have pace, but next to Dom this will be less of an issue. Positionally he needs to learn. Look at both Assombalonga misses and see which marker he lost, and see Westwood’s reaction. First one Westwood roasted Börner. Second one he was calmer, putting both arms round him and explaining in some detail. Good stuff from KW that.

He strikes me as a hugely intelligent player, who will learn quickly. He will learn from Westwood and he will learn from playing and training with Lee and from having ex CBs Monk and Bullen as his mentors. Many outstanding CBs have got around not having great pace.

I firmly believe that results trump opinion, and with Julian playing we have conceded 8 in nine games, including two stupid foul penalties he had no control over. So clearly it’s working really well.

If my chopper was on the chopping board, right now, I would have a defence of Iorfa Lees Börner Palmer. I think the learner needs an experienced teacher by his side.

• Thanks 1

Guest addedtime
6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I’m not as convinced as everyone else. 

He has many many qualities, but he does have weaknesses. He doesn’t have pace, but next to Dom this will be less of an issue. Positionally he needs to learn. Look at both Assombalonga misses and see which marker he lost, and see Westwood’s reaction. First one Westwood roasted Börner. Second one he was calmer, putting both arms round him and explaining in some detail. Good stuff from KW that.

He strikes me as a hugely intelligent player, who will learn quickly. He will learn from Westwood and he will learn from playing and training with Lee and from having ex CBs Monk and Bullen as his mentors. Many outstanding CBs have got around not having great pace.

I firmly believe that results trump opinion, and with Julian playing we have conceded 8 in nine games, including two stupid foul penalties he had no control over. So clearly it’s working really well.

If my chopper was on the chopping board, right now, I would have a defence of Iorfa Lees Börner Palmer. I think the learner needs an experienced teacher by his side.

Paul McGrath springs to mind. Shot to pieces knees but a hell of a defender.

12 hours ago, sMacLean said:

He continues to grow and has given us a much stiffer spine to the side.

Hard to see many better and can play good short and long length passes just strokes it around.

He’s called ‘Boner’ - there’s a song about his genitals and now this. It’s all too much for me

15AD83CD-E6D7-4C7D-9FCF-304414DAEB43.jpeg

On 01/10/2019 at 04:11, sMacLean said:

He continues to grow and has given us a much stiffer spine to the side.

Hard to see many better and can play good short and long length passes just strokes it around.

On 01/10/2019 at 17:06, Sticky belly said:

He’s called ‘Boner’ - there’s a song about his genitals and now this. It’s all too much for me

15AD83CD-E6D7-4C7D-9FCF-304414DAEB43.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

He's been a terrific bit of business.

Just shows (along with Harris) that you don't have to spaff the money around if you do some decent scouting.

I can think of another much better and wide-ranging example of this, but I won't mention their name.

While we were gloating at their misfortune, little did we know that they had quietly laid the foundations for blasting right past us and they are even making a decent fist of it in the Premier League so far (although a lack of goals may hold them back over the long haul).

50 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

He's ok as we shopped at Aldi in Summer but QPR'S centre forward showed his weaknesses when faced with quality.

Or maybe being drafted in to play a completely different position on short notice can have a negative impact on a players performance?

Edited by rikowl

Guest Bulgaria

Its not just his defensive ability, its his attitude and enthusiasm that shines through, he looks such a team player. The polar opposite of that lad Murphy.

The way he just shrugged off Tosspot Tomlins whack to the head.

Classic.

Great to see him back today.

He's just so damn cool under pressure.

There was a moment this afternoon where he was behind one of their attackers challenging for an aerial ball. The attacker jumped up to challenge for it and Börner just ducked out of the way, let the ball drop behind him and scooted around to collect it.

I f*cking love him.

• Like 1