Who's the next manager going to be then?

3 hours ago, bhaigh107 said:

Why not David Moyes if he would come

I'd rather wrestle a naked Ann Widdecombe in a nail-studded cage soaked in lemon juice then have that dour cash vampire.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Monk is counter suing for defamation of character 

Got to look who are making the allegations -the Birmingham owners, Gibson at Boro and Cellino. Hardly people you would trust 

I guess we may never know the truth, but that’s 3 separate owners / former owners making serious allegations. 

5 minutes ago, elvin parsnip said:

I’d go for O’Niell - 19 games for Forest compared to Bruce 18 games for us and he had a better win percentage than Bruce 

Didn't Forest end up about 5 places worse off than when he took over? My Forest mate reckons the players didn't like him and got him out. 

43 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Hearing a lot of rumours that we are talking to stendel ..the Barnsley manager ...!!!!...Barnsley fans saying same too

One of the reasons we’ve been in a mess for the last 20 years has been down to appointing a manager from Barnsley so I’d give Stendel a swerve TBH.

• Haha 2

Pearson always distances himself. On record recently I think saying he’s happy living in Sheffield and keen not to ruin it.

Has the qualities, used to dealing with Thai culture, popular with most fans.

I think fans would give him time, the owner certainly would. Make a great story if he could bring an ounce of success.

However, extremely unlikely.

Edited by Morepork

Martin O’Neil - Forest had an appalling away record under him, players hated him and he froze out some of their best players. 

Garry Monk - Galvanised an average Brum side to over perform somewhat. Would’ve been my first pick a month ago, but the recent rumours that have started carrying weight suggest he’s bad news behind the scenes. 

Karanka - An absolute hand grenade who pulls the pin at the first sign of things not going his way. Football is appalling to watch too. Same with Pulis to a degree.

Cowley - I’d worry if he can manage upwards well enough to work under someone like DC. The clubs needs guidance from proven experience, not someone having their first shot at a big job. Same with Stendel.

Rowett - Hasn’t shown much for years now. Not even sure he deserves another crack in the Championship after his last two jobs. There’s about another 10 out of work managers we’ll be linked with that you can chuck in this bracket of living off a couple of good seasons 5-6 years back.

The main two for me would be Moyes or Hughton. I don’t particularly think they’ll deliver the football DC wants to see but they seem best suited to carrying on from what Bruce has started. But being brutally honest I don’t think we’ve got a cat in hells chance of attracting either of them.

I’d love to see an up and coming young manager like Cowley get a crack at it, but we aren’t stable enough off the pitch to accommodate an appointment like that. Stoke were a perfect fit for someone like Nathan Jones, they’ll have people there to guide him through the tougher moments. I don’t think there’s anyone at Hillsborough that could offer that guidance to a young manager, or the infrastructure to support their development.

All that aside by number one choice will always be Meggo.. garymegson

Wouldn’t want Martin O’Neill. Well past it.

There are plenty of progressive coaches out there. But a key bonus with Bruce was how he knew the market and the English game more generally and was able to advise the chairman and keep him right. Need to get that balance if we can, but it’s unlikely.