Who's the next manager going to be then?

1 hour ago, Dingle. said:

Hahahaha yeah I bet he can’t wait to take over a team that aren’t set up in any way to play the style he wants to, a club that’s spent millions on players that are just brought in and shoehorned into a team, a club with players on so much money no one else would pay them, you stuck with some right poo until their contracts are up, I bet he can’t wait to get started hahahaha 

We have played that way before with a similar squad. Given there isn’t much time to adapt the team I wouldn’t want Stendel right now but don’t kid yourself he wouldn’t come here if approached. You also sold your entire defence and build a new untried one for the sake of a few quid (not big bucks in this market) so I wouldn’t be throwing those stones.

Rowett or Houghton would be more suited to picking up where Bruce left off in my view. Style based on pace and physicality. 

In fairness to Judas, I think he did start the foundations in organising the club etc etc 

i think now now we need a progressive manager , who can also develop & flourish and build a revolution 

id like us to go for Stendal from Barnsley 

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

As I’ve said, Bruce was a steady hand on the tiller, and he was a good organiser, but that shouldn’t be difficult to replace. The foundations are there, we just need the right man to build on them 

Well, he’s going to bring a lot of those foundations with him, taking most of the coaching and scouting staff. I bet Bullen isn’t impressed. 

Is that dutch coach Jos brought with him still here?

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

As I’ve said, Bruce was a steady hand on the tiller, and he was a good organiser, but that shouldn’t be difficult to replace. The foundations are there, we just need the right man to build on them 

We also need to give the new guy some slack, very little time to attract the players we obviously need or to assess the squad

Suspect that any new manager would be forced to bring in players he knows that he can trust.... which may initially be a little underwhelming to us fans

Chansiri wants a big name, won’t go anywhere near Stendel who I do think looks a decent manager but probably better served doing another season at Barnsley 

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Chansiri wants a big name, won’t go anywhere near Stendel who I do think looks a decent manager but probably better served doing another season at Barnsley 

I read that as "better serving hot dogs at Barnsley"

3 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

We also need to give the new guy some slack, very little time to attract the players we obviously need or to assess the squad

Suspect that any new manager would be forced to bring in players he knows that he can trust.... which may initially be a little underwhelming to us fans

But this is what I’m talking about, we need to bring in someone who can work with the players we have, rather than someone who feels the need to bring in all of his own players. If we sign Hector, who remember, was not a Bruce signing, we have all the basics in place. We then need to add 3 or 4 loans, that can give us a bit more attacking impetus

Just now, gurujuan said:

But this is what I’m talking about, we need to bring in someone who can work with the players we have, rather than someone who feels the need to bring in all of his own players. If we sign Hector, who remember, was not a Bruce signing, we have all the basics in place. We then need to add 3 or 4 loans, that can give us a bit more attacking impetus

Your gonna limit the potential candidates if your asking him to work with what he’s got and there’s no room for change

while I do understand that change is the last thing we need right now it unfortunately comes with the territory that Brucey boy has just dumped us in 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Your gonna limit the potential candidates if your asking him to work with what he’s got and there’s no room for change

while I do understand that change is the last thing we need right now it unfortunately comes with the territory that Brucey boy has just dumped us in 

Maybe, but it’s better if that’s an evolving situation. The unfortunate timing means that we don’t have time to appoint a new manager, and let him bring in a whole raft of his own players, then wait for them to bed in. Isn’t this what DC meant when he talked about continuity going forward, no matter who the coach is. The good thing is, Bruce hadn’t managed to impose any particular style Well not on last season’s evidence, although they may have been working on something this summer

Just now, gurujuan said:

Maybe, but it’s better if that’s an evolving situation. The unfortunate timing means that we don’t have time to appoint a new manager, and let him bring in a whole raft of his own players, then wait for them to bed in. Isn’t this what DC meant when he talked about continuity going forward, no matter who the coach is. The good thing is, Bruce hadn’t managed to impose any particular style Well not on last season’s evidence, although they may have been working on something this summer

Yeh, good points , hoping the chairman can work out the best of a bad situation 

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Stendel is on his way.    UTO 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Although I agree, we have to be careful who we appoint. We don't want or need another job hopping mercenary more interested in collecting big pay days rather than someone who genuinely wants to be here. The upheaval created by Bruce restructuring then jumping ship by back stabbing DC will have hurt DC after the respect and patience he showed Bruce in order to get him here. Short term a proven experienced manager like Hughton or just someone with some Championship experience and knowledge looks ideal. But we have to be wary, because Bruce looked ideal and he's jumped ship at the first opportunity. That's the difficult cut throat part in the modern game/business. Finding someone suitable, the right fit and getting them in is tricky in itself but there are risks to consider and this time whoever comes here needs to ideally want to be here and not just simply see it as another pay packet and stepping stone to being somewhere else where they want to be. 

That's why I'm fearing Bruce might have written the season off for us purely to fill his pockets and I fear we might make a similar mistake by hiring another job hopping mercenary or going for another obscure coach from abroad with no EFL experience or EFL knowledge. It's why I'd be careful who we go for even the ones that sound ideal are risky. Because we may not genuinely know that they genuinely want to be here. If we can't get Hughton, then I would go the long term up and coming route of someone younger and already in the EFL. I'd consider names that look like a gamble but managers on the rise rather than in decline. The likes of Alex Neil; Cook, Stendel, the Cowley Brothers, Cooper, Flynn, etc for example. Names that might not particularly stand out but seemingly on the rise; making a name for themselves, who might want to be here, seeing it as an opportunity to prove they can do a higher profile job and want to build something here?

3 hours ago, Womble Owl said:

I think Chansiri will give the job to bullen. There's no way we will poach a currently employed manager, we just can't afford it. 

Bullen wouldn’t have any interest in the job full time