Who's the next manager going to be then?

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Wouldn’t want Martin O’Neill. Well past it.

There are plenty of progressive coaches out there. But a key bonus with Bruce was how he knew the market and the English game more generally and was able to advise the chairman and keep him right. Need to get that balance if we can, but it’s unlikely.

Wouldn’t be my choice either but didn’t he do okay with Forest? 

3 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Martin O’Neil - Forest had an appalling away record under him, players hated him and he froze out some of their best players. 

Garry Monk - Galvanised an average Brum side to over perform somewhat. Would’ve been my first pick a month ago, but the recent rumours that have started carrying weight suggest he’s bad news behind the scenes. 

Karanka - An absolute hand grenade who pulls the pin at the first sign of things not going his way. Football is appalling to watch too. Same with Pulis to a degree.

Cowley - I’d worry if he can manage upwards well enough to work under someone like DC. The clubs needs guidance from proven experience, not someone having their first shot at a big job. Same with Stendel.

Rowett - Hasn’t shown much for years now. Not even sure he deserves another crack in the Championship after his last two jobs. There’s about another 10 out of work managers we’ll be linked with that you can chuck in this bracket of living off a couple of good seasons 5-6 years back.

The main two for me would be Moyes or Hughton. I don’t particularly think they’ll deliver the football DC wants to see but they seem best suited to carrying on from what Bruce has started. But being brutally honest I don’t think we’ve got a cat in hells chance of attracting either of them.

I’d love to see an up and coming young manager like Cowley get a crack at it, but we aren’t stable enough off the pitch to accommodate an appointment like that. Stoke were a perfect fit for someone like Nathan Jones, they’ll have people there to guide him through the tougher moments. I don’t think there’s anyone at Hillsborough that could offer that guidance to a young manager, or the infrastructure to support their development.

All that aside by number one choice will always be Meggo.. garymegson

Rowett gets some stick here but prior to stoke he had derby in the playoffs. Had Birmingham challenging prior to that.

Football not that great on the eye, but neither was SBs, just about getting the ball up the pitch and out wide.

38 minutes ago, modboy said:

Players hated him allegedly

I think the problem here and with the likes of Souness and many of that era of players that became managers, is they see what's "in front"  and they can't get them to perform to the level that they aspired to in their own careers...

That's why Bruce love or hate this situation we are in is a cut above in the medium between "old school" and the modern game along with the likes of Hughton and Dyce  

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

You just know there will be people chanting  Lee Bullens name in our next friendly. 

Chant it in support of the bloke stepping into the breach once again by all means 

Lee won’t take the job even if offered though 

Guest Bulgaria
3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Chant it in support of the bloke stepping into the breach once again by all means 

Lee won’t take the job even if offered though 

Damn right.. be too busy working on me Trooper.

Rowett did a good job at every club he’s been at until Stoke, and it’s not as though Jones has managed to improve them since, suggesting the problems there run a lot deeper.

I’d certainly rather have him than Monk, the stuff in the papers about his agent’s interfering has put me right off, we’ve got more than enough of that going on already.