Who's the next manager going to be then?

5 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

No way would I want to see Monk at the club if recent reports of transfer dealings at Middlesbrough and Birmingham City are to be believed.

Monk is counter suing for defamation of character 

Got to look who are making the allegations -the Birmingham owners, Gibson at Boro and Cellino. Hardly people you would trust 

24 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

Just not one of the old dinosaur brigade such as Pullis / Moyes / O’Neil / Karanka / Pardew / McLaren / Rowett etc please!! 

Hughton has got to be the most sensible (and probably realistic) choice. 

And at a push, I’d probably take Gary Monk too.

But let’s face it, it’s 3 weeks before the season starts and we’re already playing catch up. 

First for everything i suppose...

Ah hang on actually 

23 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

Just not one of the old dinosaur brigade such as Pullis / Moyes / O’Neil / Karanka / Pardew / McLaren / Rowett etc please!! 

Hughton has got to be the most sensible (and probably realistic) choice. 

And at a push, I’d probably take Gary Monk too.

But let’s face it, it’s 3 weeks before the season starts and we’re already playing catch up. 

Agree, Chris Hughton is ideal and one of the best available candidates. If he would come, then DC should go and get him. However, he might not be interested, no harm in trying though. Ideally we'll get someone in asap. Playing catch up again, could be disastrous and more or less writing off another season. If we can't get someone like Hughton, then we should go for Paul Cook at Wigan or I'd preferably like us to for someone on the rise within the EFL. Someone like Alex Neil, Daniel Stendel or the Cowley Brothers would be interesting choices to build for the future with and long term could be the best thing to do. Hope it's not someone obscure from abroad with no EFL experience but wouldn't be surprised if it was. If we go foreign then hopefully it's someone already managing over here or worked here before. Whoever gets it, needs to be quickly appointed or else I fear it will be another wasted season.

37 minutes ago, Sonny said:

When were we looking at him? Never heard of him before so no idea what he’s achieved.

Spoke to him before Luhukay arrived. In fact a few hours before Twitter was certain he was our manager until the luhukay bombshell hit.

Recently managed Wolfsburg but left at the end of the season. Was linked with another job in the championship recently. 

Bit of the Carlos about his appearance also. 

Managed some huge clubs in germany, Stuttgart, Hannover, Leverkusen...but then again so had Jos.

10 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Hearing a lot of rumours that we are talking to stendel ..the Barnsley manager ...!!!!...Barnsley fans saying same too

He looks like a young Steve Bruce I suppose. Maybe trying to trick the players, get him to larn himsel some Geordie