Who's the next manager going to be then?

I would go a bit left field and try and get Ryan Giggs.

been coaching a few years, currently out of football with being an international management,good links to man utd and may have a similar impact to Lampard at Derby.

at least we would be in sky more.

It's a depressing list of serial failures on the managerial merrygoround, with the exception of Hughton whose CV is good and stock still relatively high given what he did with Brighton. 

Aside from that, we're going to have to break the mould and go for an in work manager.

Edited by striker

I really don’t know who I want. Know who I don’t want, Moyes Pulis some random foreign coach. 

Big name would be my choice I think but wouldn’t be disappointed at Monk Pearson or Hughton.

If Money is no object can we have Laudrup with Roland as assistant ?!

4 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

I know Lincoln and the cowleys had success in the lower leagues but don’t they play hoof and run football ala Wimbledon of the late 80/90s

It's not like Carlos in his second season, Jos, or Bruce played like Barca or City, and you play the tactics with the players you have, unless you are Tony Pulis, then you play long ball and kick the sh*t out of people even if you were Barca

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Ryan1980 said:

Mikel Arteta if could afford him with all the contacts he has

Bet I have dirtier contacts than he has :dry:

11 minutes ago, striker said:

It's a depressing list of serial failures on the managerial merrygoround, with the exception of Hughton whose CV is good and stock still relatively high given what he did with Brighton. 

Aside from that, we're going to have to break the mould and go for an in work manager.

Youve just said the name who we should go for and Chansiri needs to ensure he gets him. 

Well we know that Jokanovic and Wagner aren’t coming.

Much as I’d happily have them at Hillsborough, I strongly doubt we could get Alex Neil or the Cowleys, both of whom have turned down West Brom very recently and in Neil’s case signed a new contract. 

The only up and coming football league managers I can really think of are Stendel and Gareth Ainsworth at Wycombe. Stendel has only had a year over here and doesn’t seem to have much, if any experience of managing big egos, so there’s obvious question marks. Ainsworth would certainly be a wildcard.

Unless DC can get Hughton I suspect we’ll be going with the obscure foreigner route, probably another Portuguese. Worked out OK for Reading last season I suppose, though that may prove to be nothing more than a new manager bounce.

Oh and I’ve got a mate who’s a big Macclesfield fan and he reckons Campbell has a hell of a lot to learn before he could handle a Championship team.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

9 minutes ago, A12owl said:

After Hughton if we can't get him I suggest Kenny Jacket. He has a superb win %age over his career.

I suggested him when we were looking last time. Got a bit ridiculed but he has a good record. Well experienced at many levels. Not the most charismatic but he knows how to win. 

Screenshot_20190711-200537.png

Jesus. 

• Haha 1

Anyone remember our promotion season half way through with Meggo.... I’d given up going, it was shittteeee... I want someone in touch with the English game, but I’d rather loose 5 -4 every other week if we gave it a full on, balls out, on the table, and had a proper go. English and attacking minded for me, no idea who... Tongue in cheek.. but I’d be upset with Mourinho... I want some Bite! not dull hope to scrape a goal shiteee.

5 minutes ago, Beastoftheeast said:

Anyone remember our promotion season half way through with Meggo.... I’d given up going, it was shittteeee... I want someone in touch with the English game, but I’d rather loose 5 -4 every other week if we gave it a full on, balls out, on the table, and had a proper go. English and attacking minded for me, no idea who... Tongue in cheek.. but I’d be upset with Mourinho... I want some Bite! not dull hope to scrape a goal shiteee.

Be careful mate, slagging off Meggo is bordering on blasphemy round these parts and the cult will find you. 

• Haha 1