Josh McEachran

9 hours ago, Hitcat said:

What he doesn't realise is the more negs I get the more powerfuI I become. 

I was going to like that post but I didn’t want to weaken you!! :Sid:

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, runningaround said:

on a free even on modest wages would be ideal competition for bannan (in terms of playing style) sometimes I wonder who some of our fans expect through the door. 

Proven players that cost a lot of money who we can no longer afford!

This could be a shrewd move!

On 05/07/2019 at 23:55, Kanye West said:

Weren’t he originally on Chelsea’s books? 

There must be a player in there somewhere, trust Bruce on this. 

I think even Harry Potter has been on Chelsea's books. They owned every under 20 year old at one bit. 

I guess him and Hutchinson will have played at the same time there. He was destined for big things as a youth

Stats are all well and good but given I expect Bruce to be favouring a holding + Bannan / Lee triangle it feels like we need more physicality in MF (pace, power, guile). 

Sounds like Josh M is like a 10 year younger David Jones to me, holds but not particularly physical, strong in the tackle nor mobile. 

Then again we're shopping in Aldi rather than Abdi this year 

16 hours ago, rob1601 said:

Abdi replacement- always injured no thanks

16 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I wasn't aware of that.

How many games did he miss through injury last season?

Don't worry about replying - I just took a look for myself and it turns out he's barely missed a single game through injury for the past two seasons.

How you've come to the conclusion you have, I've no idea.

• Haha 1

Seems like a nice kid that struggles with confidence to me, given how bad our big money signing have been I can't see much risk in giving him a chance here. 

Couple of clips here:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Seems like a nice kid that struggles with confidence to me, given how bad our big money signing have been I can't see much risk in giving him a chance here. 

Couple of clips here:

Interesting viewing for many reasons. Thanks for posting.

Watching those clips, McEachran seems like he's had a tough time of it so far (in the context of his football career, before the usual 'he wants to do a shift dahn t'pit' nonsense starts :rolleyes:). It must be a bit of a difficult pill to swallow to go from playing for Chelsea under Ancelotti at the age of 17 and having him singing your praises in the press, to struggling for game time on loan in the Championship.

The experience clearly killed his confidence, and it seems he's only recently started to rediscover his mojo. Perhaps with the right manager who knows how to build him back up, he could yet go on to fulfil a bit more of the potential that Ancelotti saw in him...

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

On 06/07/2019 at 09:59, Chris Apolon said:

If we were to add this guy to Borner (who, admittedly, I know nothing about), Harris and Odubajo for a total net outlay of 0 on transfer fees I'd be delighted. 3 top quality championship bred players and 1 leader in the back 4.

If, say, Bristol City signed those 4 we would be envious, or at least I would and I trust SB to spend our budget (if we have one or not) wisely rather than spunk millions on some foreign no mark with from Ligue 2 that we would all get silly about because he had a funny name.

4 players worh 500+ professional appearances sounds good to me

You won't last long on here with views like that...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Don't worry about replying - I just took a look for myself and it turns out he's barely missed a single game through injury for the past two seasons.

How you've come to the conclusion you have, I've no idea.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/92324/History/Josh-McEachran

this plus bbc article on when Brentford released him “hampered by injuries”

13 minutes ago, rob1601 said:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/92324/History/Josh-McEachran

this plus bbc article on when Brentford released him “hampered by injuries”

He was at Brentford since 2015 and suffered a couple of nasty injuries during his first couple of seasons.

As far as I can tell, he's not missed any significant game time due to injury during the past two years, unless you know different?

I think with McEachran, if we had scope to bring in a couple of cm players it might be a cheap gamble worth doing as in Bannans absence the passing suffers. But we have cried our for some physicality and energy in the middle for so long I’d rather sacrifice some technical ability to bring that in if were restricted. 

If someone can get the best from him he’d be a special player. But isn’t Brentford the ideal, low pressure, good football environment that would allow these players to flourish?

Bruce has said we have to be clever about the way we do things, I’m sure once the embargo is lifted he will have some millions to spend, hence the bids for Vaulks and Turnbull. As they’ve now gone maybe he sees Mceachren as an option and can then use cash to buy a defensive midfielder too (once our finances have been approved)

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 1

Not for me its a shame for the lad but seems like the typical player who was exceptional at youth level and constantly told he was destined for great things but never really coped with the demands of the mens game, We have had plenty of midfielders over the years who dont effect the game enough being tidy in possession is not enough.

Its also difficult to see what his positive attributes are, do we really need a midfielder whos failed at a mid table championship side, cant defend, never scores and struggles to create. would rather we saved a wage and gave one of our own youngsters the chance to step up on the occasions that bannan and lee are out.

• Like 1

Watched couple of YouTube vids on him as u do....

looks like got a killer pass n thru ball technique. 

Was obv highly rated at Chelsea at one point.

on the graph thingy he seems to have good stats but....

injured a lot by sounds. 

One goal to his name.

as good a passer supposed to be he not got many assists. 

If Bruce thinks good enough on a free then have to trust him. 

Would prefer someone exciting come in to add more goals n assists, take a punt on this kid from peterbro or summat. 

Obv money difference like 

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He was at Brentford since 2015 and suffered a couple of nasty injuries during his first couple of seasons.

As far as I can tell, he's not missed any significant game time due to injury during the past two years, unless you know different?

Well he played 24 games last season and 25 the year before. Not that inspiring.