Josh McEachran

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He was at Brentford since 2015 and suffered a couple of nasty injuries during his first couple of seasons.

As far as I can tell, he's not missed any significant game time due to injury during the past two years, unless you know different?

The link seems to suggest not more than 20 league games per season. Is that what we want after recent history and if that lack of games is not purely because of injury then you’d have to ask why?

Ultimately, Steve Bruce’s decision and if he did sign I’d trust his judgment and see how it plays out

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Well he played 24 games last season and 25 the year before. Not that inspiring. 

1 hour ago, rob1601 said:

The link seems to suggest not more than 20 league games per season. Is that what we want after recent history and if that lack of games is not purely because of injury then you’d have to ask why?

Ultimately, Steve Bruce’s decision and if he did sign I’d trust his judgment and see how it plays out

He was a regular last season under Dean Smith, then seemed to fall out of favour under Thomas Frank.

He was in the squad for all but eight of Brentford's games and seemingly wasn't injured for any of them.

How that equates to him being 'always injured' or an 'Abdi replacement', I'm still not sure.

Seems to have played very well at times for Brentford, and they were raving about him after the first 9-10 games last season. Dean Smith holds him high too. Was even rumoured to be interested in taking him to Villa. 

Bit of a gamble, but wages won’t be huge, at least he’ll be a decent squad player. If Bruce can help him build his confidence he could be a real coup. And Bruce is supposed to be superb at man management. 

A decent signing for me. 

4 hours ago, trask43 said:

Not for me its a shame for the lad but seems like the typical player who was exceptional at youth level and constantly told he was destined for great things but never really coped with the demands of the mens game, We have had plenty of midfielders over the years who dont effect the game enough being tidy in possession is not enough.

Its also difficult to see what his positive attributes are, do we really need a midfielder whos failed at a mid table championship side, cant defend, never scores and struggles to create. would rather we saved a wage and gave one of our own youngsters the chance to step up on the occasions that bannan and lee are out.

Bravo

Just because he came through at Chelsea (although nowhere near getting a "real" contract with them) some seem to think he must have been the real deal

An absolute one-paced plodder who can pick the occasional pass but generally floats around the periphery of games

Nowhere near Bannan's level - not even near enough to clean his boots

Wouldn't be cheap either

This is an interesting read.

https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/josh-mceachran-chelsea-brentford-release

Things that stand out are what Carlo Ancelotti and Dean Smith said about him about his technical ability and vision. Mirrored with the last few lines about him not yet living up to his potential, '...the talent has never been in doubt. It’s time McEachran makes the most of it'.

What I take from that article is, that he's still got something to prove, he's got ability but he's needs the right manager or club to suit him, believe in him and to get the best out of him? Perhaps, in a similar way as Hector, he just needs to find a club he can settle with in order to awaken his potential and to help him become more consistent? There's no harm in Bruce and his staff taking a look at him, they might be able to work their magic on him and if not it's no loss. In our situation with the soft embargo, we could surely do with taking a look at more players on trial, like this?

Edited by The Night-Owl

5 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

This is an interesting read.

https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/josh-mceachran-chelsea-brentford-release

Things that stand out are what Carlo Ancelotti and Dean Smith said about him about his technical ability and vision. Mirrored with the last few lines about him not yet living up to his potential, '...the talent has never been in doubt. It’s time McEachran makes the most of it'.

What I take from that article is, that he's still got something to prove, he's got ability but he's needs the right manager or club to suit him, believe in him and to get the best out of him. Perhaps, in a similar way as Hector, he just needs to find a club he can call settle with in order to awaken his potential? There's no harm in Bruce and his staff taking a look at him, they might be able to work their magic on him and if not it's no loss. In our situation with the soft embargo, we could do with taking a look at more players like this?

I think that club was Brentford.  He's been there for 4 years. 

18 minutes ago, Grekid said:

My neighbour is a Brentford season ticket holder, and he describes McEachran as " the poor man's Barry Bannan "

That’s appropriate as sheffield Wednesday are now “the poor man’s Brentford” 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He was a regular last season under Dean Smith, then seemed to fall out of favour under Thomas Frank.

He was in the squad for all but eight of Brentford's games and seemingly wasn't injured for any of them.

How that equates to him being 'always injured' or an 'Abdi replacement', I'm still not sure.

Frank made  a statement last February about  him not wanting "****heads" in the team. He dropped him from the squad in April. Make of that what you will.

Didn't he come through the Chelsea youth ranks with Hutch? Might be a good partnership to be had there if they have a good understanding 

Edited by Minton

On 06/07/2019 at 22:37, malek said:

Bloody statistics. Did anyone on here actually watched him play ? 

He is highly talented player that might fit in here, or not. Taking chance on him on free transfer makes sense, and if he agreed to come on trial speaks a lot of how much he wants to sign with us.

He is a player, but one who needs right manager to get the best out of him.

Excellent first touch, ball control and passing skill, but he is built of paper and wont score any goals.

Calculated gamble, but one worth beting on if he would sign on resonable wages.

Watching him he isn't the tough tackling box to box midfielder we need imo,looks very lightweight,Diame would suit us alot better

39 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Bruce gets the best out of players so imagine if he can get Mceachren to recreate the form of his early Chelsea days.  We’d have a very good player for free 

maybe but dean smith gets the best out of players and  he couldn't get mceachran firing ….. bruce is a good  manager at our level but he as to have the tools to do the job and signing players who's best days were 3 or 4  years in the past isn't usually a recipe for success .obviously if that's the only kind of player he /we can afford/allowed to sign then lets hope he can pull a few rabbits out the hat to make us competitive  but he'll certainly earn his million quid a year if he does..