Josh McEachran

6 hours ago, Bez said:

From everything I have read here:

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117386&page=147

his career at Brentford has been identical to when we had Darren Potter. 

Calm passer who maintains possession with sideways passes.   The midfield pivot with the occasional worldie thru ball. 

Hated by most fans. 

The punchline made me laugh.

6 hours ago, basegreenowl said:

Interesting.... 

IMG_20190706_005552.jpg

Doesn't mean anything. You could stand on the half way line in the centre circle and pass to the wing, about a yard inside the opposition half. If you do that all season you’d be in the top right quartile of that graph. 

To you and me that’s a sideways pass but for the statistician it’s a forward pass over a distance.

Not saying that is or that isn’t what McEachran has done all season but just take it with a pinch of salt.

i haven’t seen much of him to be honest but like others have said he must have something about him to come through Chelsea’s Academy with such promise. He’s also still at a good age where his best years may be ahead of him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, malek said:

Say whatever you want about Corry, but he had plenty of talent. Just a shame how things worked out with him.

McEachran is a talented fella, that Chelsea expected lot from. Could be a case of player finding right club to fulfill his potential.

Btw. Anyone remember when he dribbled through half of our team while on loan at Boro ?!

Funnily enough it was Paul Corry he glided past.

I know this lad, and his family, from Kidlington in Oxford, all talented lads Can he play regularly at Championship level, I’m not so sure. He has the skill set, but has always seemed a bit peripheral to me

Guest wilyfox

We need two types of centre-mid this summer, offensive and defensive. McEachran is neither. When you have Lee & Bannan, you don't need McEachran. This is the sort of thing Carlos would do - and the reason why we ended up with a bloated squad with duplications. Come on Brucie, you're better than that..

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

We need two types of centre-mid this summer, offensive and defensive. McEachran is neither. When you have Lee & Bannan, you don't need McEachran. This is the sort of thing Carlos would do - and the reason why we ended up with a bloated squad with duplications. Come on Brucie, you're better than that..

I do agree with this but at the same time we do have injury prone players in this position, and we don't know the system we will play or where each player will fit into that. 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, deano said:

I do agree with this but at the same time we do have injury prone players in this position, and we don't know the system we will play or where each player will fit into that. 

We have two technical mids already in Lee & Bannan. McEachran would be overkill. Bannan is certainly not injury prone, and presumably Lee has been given the all clear. 

There are articles where he seriously thinks he’s destined for England caps, yet can’t hold down a place at Brentford as according to the supporters forums he doesn’t have the application/consistency needed. 

I can see why hed be tempting to look at on trial but there are so many stories of players like this. Too much too young.

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

We have two technical mids already in Lee & Bannan. McEachran would be overkill. Bannan is certainly not injury prone, and presumably Lee has been given the all clear. 

Sure, but perhaps we are planning to use said player(s) higher up the pitch. 

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

We all hope Lee is fully fit, but only time will tell. I go with SB's judgement. Not every signing will work out but if he's free what's the harm.

9 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Bit of the banner about him watching the clips. But then in another he didn't look All that just a lot of 10 yard balls.

If he gets huge and green when he gets angry he could well be the midfield beast we've been crying out for for years!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Totally agree with you. I’d like another 2 central midfielders - a defensive midfielder with bite to compete with Hutch and a box to box player with some power. This would cover us if we play 2 or 3 in midfield next season. I’d like us to bring in players similar to Morsy and Onomah. 

Bannan and Lee are great players but they are diminutive - I really don’t want to add another. We need some balance in there. 

Undoubtedly has talent and lost his way abit. I cant think of many better managers that could potentially get the best out of him.

At the end of the day hes only training with us so cant see the harm in taking a closer look. I have full confidence in whatever Bruce decides to do!