Josh McEachran

He’s not had a great time at Brentford but if Bruce wants a look at him i’m more than happy , Ex Chelsea kid , definitely has something about him and I’m sure Hutch will make him feel welcome 

I read on a report he was a densive midfielder. Sounds like he may not be. More a passer.  May see him and Onomah sign. This is from Wiki.... 

"Ray Wilkins and Stuart Pearce have commended on McEachran's incisive passing,[85] while André Villas-Boas and Brendan Rodgers have lauded his vision on the pitch and technical abilities, comparing him to Luka Modrić, Jack Wilshere and Samir Nasri.[86] Peter Bosz commented in 2015 that McEachran "needs to improve his defensive play", but "will certainly be a player at a good level".

[46]"

Edited by basegreenowl

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Ouch!

Competent Paul Corry, you're just a competent Paul Corry...

Say whatever you want about Corry, but he had plenty of talent. Just a shame how things worked out with him.

McEachran is a talented fella, that Chelsea expected lot from. Could be a case of player finding right club to fulfill his potential.

Btw. Anyone remember when he dribbled through half of our team while on loan at Boro ?!

Edited by malek

21 minutes ago, Bez said:

From everything I have read here:

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117386&page=147

his career at Brentford has been identical to when we had Darren Potter. 

Calm passer who maintains possession with sideways passes.   The midfield pivot with the occasional worldie thru ball. 

Hated by most fans. 

After watching the video clips of him that's exactly the type of player I thought he was. Someone who always plays the safe 10 yard balls wanting someone else to play the killer pass.

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Was tipped for big things at Chelsea. Didn't really set Griffin Park alight but who knows could prove to be an inspired signing for us?

Sounds a lot like Bannan early on.  Tipped for Villa greatness, did the square root of fizz all for Palace.

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

After watching the video clips of him that's exactly the type of player I thought he was. Someone who always plays the safe 10 yard balls wanting someone else to play the killer pass.

Not how I remember him. Wrong club for him ? Lack of confidence ? Plenty of untapped potential on him.

4 hours ago, malek said:

Say whatever you want about Corry, but he had plenty of talent. Just a shame how things worked out with him.

OK, in that case I want to say that Paul Corry wasn't particularly talented as a footballer.

:duntmatter:

It's a shame that injuries robbed him of a proper career in the game after he moved to Northampton, though. He retired ridiculously young.

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Brentford fans were over the moon when he left.

I feel like we could sign Neymar and you’d find a downside ATM......

Edited by Morepork

He's undoubtedly one of the more naturally talented midfielders playing at this level, but for whatever reason, he seems to have been incapable of really flourishing in the way that he should. A player who was tracked by Real Madrid as a teenager should be impacting Championship football more than McEachran has thus far.

If Bruce thinks he could get the best out of him after seeing him up close whilst on trial, then this could be a shrewd move.