Josh McEachran

Josh was not used in Portugal, according to  SB, because he doesn't want him injured as he's without a club and also he wasn't up to the rest of the squad's fitness levels and is maybe ten days behind them. This concerns me as I would hope that a player out of contract would endeavor to get himself up to a high level of fitness in order to earn a new contract. You also have to ask why he didn't join the squad earlier to gain that extra level of fitness. SB is adopting a sensible 'wait and see' approach re a possible contract.

5 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Josh was not used in Portugal, according to  SB, because he doesn't want him injured as he's without a club and also he wasn't up to the rest of the squad's fitness levels and is maybe ten days behind them. This concerns me as I would hope that a player out of contract would endeavor to get himself up to a high level of fitness in order to earn a new contract. You also have to ask why he didn't join the squad earlier to gain that extra level of fitness. SB is adopting a sensible 'wait and see' approach re a possible contract.

Doesnt sound from that interview that his involvement is with a view to a deal. Distanced us from offering a trial, more of a favour coming to train and keep fit while looking for a deal somewhere.

12 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Doesn’t bode well if he’s not in a position to be at the same level as the other lads. Surely free agents should be working doubly hard to try and find a new club? 

12 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Doesn’t bode well if he’s not in a position to be at the same level as the other lads. Surely free agents should be working doubly hard to try and find a new club? 

So is this guy still with us ?...............will he play in one of the friendlies today ?

This is the most annoying thing of all about this Bruce / geordies $hit show, the fact that our preparation for the new season has been marginalised to the point of being forgotten about.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's already signed a deal, club seems to be doing things backwards with the announcements these days, probably down to the FFP situation in fairness. Would make sense, he's got experience at this level, ability, comes on a free and adds depth to a weak area of the pitch. 

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

If he’s better than Joey then I’m all for it 

Nothing like Pelupessy 

cattermole is better than Pelupessy but we all know everyone’s opinions on that 

On 09/07/2019 at 11:21, beloved_aunt said:

Spoke to a Brentford fan about him last night.  The verdict is in training he looks out of this world, when no pressure is on is "the best passer I've even seen" but doesn't play in winter, neshes a lot of tackler and has poor physicality.

Was a millionaire by the time he was 22 and invested all of his money in property like Robbie Fowler so is not a multi millionaire even with footballer wages.  So does he really "need" to run into the ground for us?

In raw attributes would be perfect back up for Bannan. I think Bruce will play 4-2-3-1 and the two holders will be one right footed ball winner (Hutch/Pelupessy) and then one left footed deep lying playmaker (Bannan/McEachran) but would take all of Bruce's man management skills to get the best out of him.

Money didn't stop Robbie Fowler wanting to score goals..but then no two people are alike

1 hour ago, Dandrewchaz said:

Any reviews on him from the match? Saw that he cam on at 55 minutes.

Looked good for 15/20 mins when playing with the other senior players. Wanted ball and was positive in tying to move it forward.

When the youngsters and academy players came on he seemed to not be as involved.