Josh McEachran

24 minutes ago, torryowl said:

maybe but dean smith gets the best out of players and  he couldn't get mceachran firing ….. bruce is a good  manager at our level but he as to have the tools to do the job and signing players who's best days were 3 or 4  years in the past isn't usually a recipe for success .obviously if that's the only kind of player he /we can afford/allowed to sign then lets hope he can pull a few rabbits out the hat to make us competitive  but he'll certainly earn his million quid a year if he does..  

Yet he kept picking him to play, so he must have been happy with the way he was playing.

15 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

Frank made  a statement last February about  him not wanting "****heads" in the team. He dropped him from the squad in April. Make of that what you will.

Probably as he wouldn’t sign a new contract 

FWIW Brentford fans really don't rate him:

image.thumb.png.f2d4425d912b02791864ce55947fe8da.pngimage.thumb.png.9d63c3a0c35d56f5000e86ae16e18199.pngimage.thumb.png.5cc074fd18a0e0e98973a135ecbd7caf.pngimage.png.7d64f2ce3586a31e3502a1944becc84c.png

And yes we know Leeds fans didn't rate Lees and Hull fans didn't rate Hector yadayada but it's a bit worrying, but let's see what happens, Bruce will know the score.

Edited by uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁

On 07/07/2019 at 18:14, trask43 said:

Not for me its a shame for the lad but seems like the typical player who was exceptional at youth level and constantly told he was destined for great things but never really coped with the demands of the mens game, We have had plenty of midfielders over the years who dont effect the game enough being tidy in possession is not enough.

Its also difficult to see what his positive attributes are, do we really need a midfielder whos failed at a mid table championship side, cant defend, never scores and struggles to create. would rather we saved a wage and gave one of our own youngsters the chance to step up on the occasions that bannan and lee are out.

I'd maybe like to see the lad Jack Lee given a go as cover for hutch. 

Jos had him around the bench a few times last season and gave him a few minutes on the pitch. 

Penney played well at first before being messed about and Preston didn't really do too much wrong.

Kirby struggled, but with the right manager bringing him on at the right time in the right games may prove hopefully more useful than Joey, but they need a chance to learn. 

Disheartening comments from Brentford fans for sure, but we heard similar stories from Hull fans before Hector joined and he turned out to be okay. Maybe playing for a bigger club again & Bruce will inspire Josh to raise his intensity levels. 

he’s only on trial anyway, so im sure Bruce will let him go elsewhere if he’s not up to the standard we need to be top 6

Not just this thread, but I cant understand why Bruce isn't managing England 

He can turn water in to wine apparently 

In Bruce we trust 

If it's good enough for Bruce 

I'll trust Bruce's judgement 

Bruce will have seen a player in there 

He a decent manager not a miracle worker 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, the monk said:

In Bruce we trust 

I’m not one of the people you mention but I would say his record shows him to be more than just a decent manager?

16 minutes ago, the monk said:

In Bruce we trust 

I think it's because he is so unlike what we have had in the immediate past.

i.e competent 

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox

Wait and see what happens. We don't even know what the plan is for McEachran. Bruce was clear it isn't a trial, but he's not been added the list of Börner, Odubajo, and Harris having deals agreed. It could be that he's taking a look at us to see how he'd feel about joining Wednesday, or we might be trying to keep him available in case a preferred option doesn't happen. At least while McEachran is training with us, he's not signing elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

And yes we know Leeds fans didn't rate Lees and Hull fans didn't rate Hector yadayada but it's a bit worrying, but let's see what happens, Bruce will know the score.

Charlton fans also didn't rate Fox and look how that turned out.

All said it's best to have JM on trial where he can be assessed re fitness, attitude and skill.  

Spoke to a Brentford fan about him last night.  The verdict is in training he looks out of this world, when no pressure is on is "the best passer I've even seen" but doesn't play in winter, neshes a lot of tackler and has poor physicality.

Was a millionaire by the time he was 22 and invested all of his money in property like Robbie Fowler so is not a multi millionaire even with footballer wages.  So does he really "need" to run into the ground for us?

In raw attributes would be perfect back up for Bannan. I think Bruce will play 4-2-3-1 and the two holders will be one right footed ball winner (Hutch/Pelupessy) and then one left footed deep lying playmaker (Bannan/McEachran) but would take all of Bruce's man management skills to get the best out of him.

2 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Spoke to a Brentford fan about him last night.  The verdict is in training he looks out of this world, when no pressure is on is "the best passer I've even seen" but doesn't play in winter, neshes a lot of tackler and has poor physicality.

Was a millionaire by the time he was 22 and invested all of his money in property like Robbie Fowler so is not a multi millionaire even with footballer wages.  So does he really "need" to run into the ground for us?

In raw attributes would be perfect back up for Bannan. I think Bruce will play 4-2-3-1 and the two holders will be one right footed ball winner (Hutch/Pelupessy) and then one left footed deep lying playmaker (Bannan/McEachran) but would take all of Bruce's man management skills to get the best out of him.

To be honest very few players actually NEED to run themselves into the ground after a short time on Championship wages. There's a difference between being comfortable and desperate. I don't think it comes down to money, obviously as professionals they want to go to the clubs that pay them the most but as far as application and bottle goes I think it's  either there or not.

You can get players at Sunday league level who are grafters and hard, maybe not skillful but they will run themselves into the ground. You can get players at Championship level who just don't have the graft expected or that desire to mix it when needed.

Sometimes a player who lacks the work ethic can be energised by the manager or a team work ethic, it's unpredictable and sometimes a player can be one way at one stage of his career and different at another.

What I'm saying in a very long winded way is it isn't down to money.

16 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Was a millionaire by the time he was 22 and invested all of his money in property like Robbie Fowler so is not a multi millionaire even with footballer wages.  So does he really "need" to run into the ground for us?

This was supposed to say *now* a millionaire btw

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

To be honest very few players actually NEED to run themselves into the ground after a short time on Championship wages. There's a difference between being comfortable and desperate. I don't think it comes down to money, obviously as professionals they want to go to the clubs that pay them the most but as far as application and bottle goes I think it's  either there or not.

You can get players at Sunday league level who are grafters and hard, maybe not skillful but they will run themselves into the ground. You can get players at Championship level who just don't have the graft expected or that desire to mix it when needed.

Sometimes a player who lacks the work ethic can be energised by the manager or a team work ethic, it's unpredictable and sometimes a player can be one way at one stage of his career and different at another.

Of course, the best two players in the world are Messi and Ronaldo.  They are also the best two paid athletes in the world.  They are also two of the most driven and hungriest players in the world who'd still be relentlessly chasing trophies and records if you paid them £20k a year.

However, they're freaks and outliers.  There are far more examples of players in the English lower leagues who get comfortable then start to ease off (perhaps unconciously) when set for life. 

When you hear about JM's innate talent from so many, but he clearly has not fulfilled his potential at all, you have to wonder.

7 hours ago, prowl said:

It doesn't bode well for the success of the team when individuals aren't 'grafters' or working hard. In my opinion having individuals like that in the team will make getting promoted an impossibility. Its a tough grind and intense marathon at this level. Everyone has to be on it.