Josh McEachran

5 hours ago, Bigger Guns said:

I’m assuming the bottom axis is yards/meters? He sits at 22 yards/meters on the axis which is probably about the distance from the centre circle to the wing. 

To get those sort of figures you would need to be doing cross field balls. This is an average so has *** much longer than that. Look at Bannan figures he hit many long balls this year as our tactics changed and his average less than this guy. It has surprised me but when you look at info around him he his a long ball player and not as described by Brentford fans.

I checked out his stats elsewhere and he his regarded as long ball player. For example if you look on who scored he is regarded as long ball player and likes to shoot from distance, likes to lift ball off ground and enjoys a tackle. In reality those who have commented on him have got it wrong. 

A midfield 3 of Bannan, Hutchinson, and Mceachran could work well against teams that are going to sit back against us. Allows Bannan to get around the edge of the box. 

Last season his shooting improved decently, and he's always been good sliding balls through to the forwards when he gets high up the pitch, just doesn't get up there often enough.

5 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

One worrying thing is Brentford fans considered he didn't have the work ethic or attitude that a lot of the players have. 

If so, he would have fitted in perfectly with our last two managers, but I don't think with this one.

Seems a decent idea to give him a trial.

Wouldn't be disappointed if Bruce felt he could add to the squad..

Not sure what people are expecting tbh...we don't have any money.

1 hour ago, fingyfop said:

A midfield 3 of Bannan, Hutchinson, and Mceachran could work well against teams that are going to sit back against us. Allows Bannan to get around the edge of the box. 

Last season his shooting improved decently, and he's always been good sliding balls through to the forwards when he gets high up the pitch, just doesn't get up there often enough.

Agreed. Currently EVERYTHING goes through Bannan, with the addition of McEachran & some pace out wide we may be a little less predictable.

57 minutes ago, trev said:

Seems a decent idea to give him a trial.

Wouldn't be disappointed if Bruce felt he could add to the squad..

Not sure what people are expecting tbh...we don't have any money.

We do; we're just not allowed to spend it.

It's the most Wednesday situation imaginable after two decades of being genuinely skint.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 5

Im willing to give the kid a chance. I wasnt overly chuffed with the bannan signing originally. Its not like he had made an impact anywhere else. 

Hes probably been at his best since hes been here. 

Sometimes players just fit a club, you just dont know till you give them a go. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Im willing to give the kid a chance. I wasnt overly chuffed with the bannan signing originally. Its not like he had made an impact anywhere else. 

Sign him up Bruce, Bob has given it the thumbs up 

2 minutes ago, torres said:

Sign him up Bruce, Bob has given it the thumbs up 

Wouldnt go that far, give him chance, kid might fit here, if not, nothing lost. 

Youve gotta remember the market weve been forced to Shop in. 

Edited by Maddogbob

19 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

This ^

There's no harm in looking at players like this. See what he can do, if he impresses and earns himself a contract, it's a win and if he doesn't and he goes elsewhere, then it's no loss. He might fit in and suit us more than he did at other clubs. Hector didn't pull up any trees before he came here on loan. Yet, he fitted and suited us so well, unlike his numerous other loan moves. I'd trust Bruce, it's difficult the market we're in and with the soft embargo but with his contacts, knowledge and experience, there's no-one better suited for the job at this level.

Technically, he's a fantastic player. 

His passing stats last season were seriously impressive. Along with Norwood (who we all know too well, begrudgingly, was one of the players of the season), he stood out in the accuracy and distance of successful forward passes. As a comparison, Bannan, our statistically best midfielder,  was deemed to be above average on accuracy of forward passes (around 72%), but bang average in terms of average forward pass length. MaEachran possessed a much higher average forward pass length, and also a higher accuracy percentage (76%).  

(Pelupessy and Onomah had a similar accuracy % to Bannan, but a much short average forward length. Meanwhile, Reach, statistically, was pretty hopeless. Really low accuracy percentage (60%) along with a well below average length of forward pass.)

So all this nonsense about Potter-esque, Crab-like, sideways passes, is simply rubbish. He sat deep and played a role that allowed him to dictate the game with probing, forward passes. That said, his xA and 2nd assist statistics were really poor, despite possessing good numbers of final 3rd passes. Poor finishing or wasteful build up play from Brentford's forward players? I'm not sure.  

On the face of it, he seems a very similar player to Bannan...perhaps less dynamic. Hutchinson, as you'd expect, is superior defensively, but McEachran and Bannan actually compare reasonably similarly in defensive statistics. 

It could simply be a case of Bruce having a look at a previously lauded youngster for nothing (what harm can it do?!), it could indicate either a viable alternative to Bannan (something we don't have) OR it could be a nod towards Bannan playing further forward, something I wrote about on here not too long ago. A potential midfield triangle of McEachran at the base playing as a Busquets-type deep lying dictator, with a ball winner in Hutchinson further forward, and Bannan giving the freedom to get into more dangerous attacking areas?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Bloody statistics. Did anyone on here actually watched him play ? 

He is highly talented player that might fit in here, or not. Taking chance on him on free transfer makes sense, and if he agreed to come on trial speaks a lot of how much he wants to sign with us.

He is a player, but one who needs right manager to get the best out of him.

Excellent first touch, ball control and passing skill, but he is built of paper and wont score any goals.

Calculated gamble, but one worth beting on if he would sign on resonable wages.