Josh McEachran

If we were to add this guy to Borner (who, admittedly, I know nothing about), Harris and Odubajo for a total net outlay of 0 on transfer fees I'd be delighted. 3 top quality championship bred players and 1 leader in the back 4.

If, say, Bristol City signed those 4 we would be envious, or at least I would and I trust SB to spend our budget (if we have one or not) wisely rather than spunk millions on some foreign no mark with from Ligue 2 that we would all get silly about because he had a funny name.

4 players worh 500+ professional appearances sounds good to me

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

If we were to add this guy to Borner (who, admittedly, I know nothing about), Harris and Odubajo for a total net outlay of 0 on transfer fees I'd be delighted. 3 top quality championship bred players and 1 leader in the back 4.

If, say, Bristol City signed those 4 we would be envious, or at least I would and I trust SB to spend our budget (if we have one or not) wisely rather than spunk millions on some foreign no mark with from Ligue 2 that we would all get silly about because he had a funny name.

How would we have described Jacob Butterfield? He would have sounded good too.

Only thing that matters is what the player does for us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

If Bristol City had done the business we'd done there would be posters on here saying they were racing certs to be contenders as they are doing with the business that they actually have done which in fairness does look smart.

The perception between us and Bristol City on here is interesting at times. If they were to sign the best player from the Dog and Duck, there would be claims on here that he's the next Messi. We sign the same player and straight away the verdict is sent down straight away that he's sh!te. It puts into perspective how tough a job it really is here at times to succeed.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Let's be honest here.

The majority of people who have an opinion on him wouldn't know him, or anything about him, if they bumped into him in the street.

Come off it Owlinmad you know this forum is jam packed full of experts :duntmatter:

9 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Yes, on paper I was optimistic about butterfield. Experienced, good age....some times things don't work out, but I reckon Bruce would have got more from him had he been in charge too.

The mistakes of the past should not cloud us looking to the future and I for one am more optimistic than last year

17 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Let's be honest here.

The majority of people who have an opinion on him wouldn't know him, or anything about him, if they bumped into him in the street.

Eh?

McEachran is hardly some unknown entity; he was tipped to be the next big thing while at Chelsea and has played for enough Championship teams for most fans to have a pretty good idea of who he is, I'd have thought.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

If Bristol City had done the business we'd done there would be posters on here saying they were racing certs to be contenders as they are doing with the business that they actually have done which in fairness does look smart.

The perception between us and Bristol City on here is interesting at times. If they were to sign the best player from the Dog and Duck, there would be claims on here that he's the next Messi. We sign the same player and straight away the verdict is sent down straight away that he's sh!te. It puts into perspective how tough a job it really is here at times to succeed.

Its even more bizarre when we actually do sign a good player with proven history like Urby and then never play him

Just now, billyblack said:

Its even more bizarre when we actually do sign a good player with proven history like Urby and then never play him

Chansiri’s fault innit 

Strikes me he has a similar record to Kieran Lee when he joined, grew up at a big club but didn't break through, dropped a level and and with the right manager in the right system could be quality.

If he has Lee's attitude then great. If not, maybe not so much

25 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Eh?

McEachran is hardly some unknown entity; he was tipped to be the next big thing while at Chelsea and has played for enough Championship teams for most fans to have a pretty good idea of who he is, I'd have thought.

I've heard of the lad. I've seen him play. I know about his career.

Yet if he walked passed me in the street I wouldn't look twice.

Many on here will be the same.

1 hour ago, Peacenocchio said:

Probably describe him as an advert for false marketing like one coat paint

12 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Brentford fans were over the moon when he left.

Brentford fans were happy when Egan and O’Connell left them. They’ve both done alright over the other side of the city.

• Like 1