Moses Odubajo

4 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Agreed. Bruce signed Odubajo for 3.5, and reportedly wanted Powell for 5. To sign players of that value for free aged 25 would be excellent in my opinion. 

^This.^ They're not perfect, but they're amongst the best we can realistically get on frees this pre-season and are a better age than most of freebees we can probably realistically look at too. In the absence of having £10m to spend, we can't make many signings that require a fee. 

Can't see why anyone wouldn't be at least "alright" with these rumours if they were to come off? I think we should be cautiously optimistic IMO...

Prior to his injury Odubajo made 54, 57, 49 & 53 appearances in consecutive seasons & now after his rehabilitation has made 35 appearances on his first full season back after the injury.  Apart from his major knee injury there is no history of constant injuries.  

While I understand the fitness concerns a player of his ability on a free is an absolute steal.

I can't believe some of the negativity on here to his possible signing yet we give hero status to Sam Hutchinson who is plagued by injuries & has only made more than 30 appearances once in his career.  If anybody on here suggested we get rid of Hutch they'd get far more negs than agreements.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mogbad said:

If anybody on here suggested we get rid of Hutch they'd get far more negs than agreements.

Not sure you know, let's try it....

I think we should get rid of Hutch this summer. 

• Haha 6

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Iorfa won’t play centre mid

lol

We'll wait and see on that, good at defending, quick, can get past a player, dangerous in oppositions box from free kicks and corners mmm silly me. 

13 minutes ago, gizowl said:

We'll wait and see on that, good at defending, quick, can get past a player, dangerous in oppositions box from free kicks and corners mmm silly me. 

Not good enough with the ball at his feet. Simple as that. Would be an accident waiting to happen in midfield. 

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

Prior to his injury Odubajo made 54, 57, 49 & 53 appearances in consecutive seasons & now after his rehabilitation has made 35 appearances on his first full season back after the injury.  Apart from his major knee injury there is no history of constant injuries.  

While I understand the fitness concerns a player of his ability on a free is an absolute steal.

I can't believe some of the negativity on here to his possible signing yet we give hero status to Sam Hutchinson who is plagued by injuries & has only made more than 30 appearances once in his career.  If anybody on here suggested we get rid of Hutch they'd get far more negs than agreements.

*Giggles nervously*

• Haha 1

Guest gizowl
18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not good enough with the ball at his feet. Simple as that. Would be an accident waiting to happen in midfield. 

That wouldn't be his job, a defensive midfielder breaks up play, then making simple passes to your play makers like Bannan. 

1 hour ago, gizowl said:

That wouldn't be his job, a defensive midfielder breaks up play, then making simple passes to your play makers like Bannan. 

He would just get pressed quickly and play would break down. It happened a lot to semedo and it's why he had to go and he had played midfield before.

People are getting in a fiz over this transfer if it does or does not come off, if it’s good or not. This is the type of signing that can make you. Quality but concerning. We have no money so need some gambles in quality as apposed to signing average but consistent.

ill put it this way I’d rather have a Sam hutchinson than a pelupessy everyday 

the pelupessys are the ones that fill in when need to Sam Hutchinson’s are the ones that win you the league 

id go as far as saying if dros played Sam hutchinson all season when he was fit and he stayed fit. His aggression and drive might have had us not role over like we did early on and have us in the playoffs 

quality over quantity 

we are not getting Ronaldo on a free or cheap so let’s get used to cheap signings that are either young, loans, unproven or have injury concerns but all have quality or potential that can make the difference because this is our market 

Guest Arnold

He's started following a few of the Wednesday squad on twitter, also Alex Bruce. 

IMG_20190511_212056.jpg

Edited by Arnold

As Bruce has already said, he had nothing to spend at Villa and turned them from a joke to a promotion chasing team for the princely sum of 1.5m, yes it involved loans and free signs but if we are going down that route we have the best man for the job.

Edited by Blue and white