Moses Odubajo

23 minutes ago, Arnold said:

He's started following a few of the Wednesday squad on twitter, also Alex Bruce. 

IMG_20190511_212056.jpg

Wonder why he's following Markus Henriksen?

He's got a year left at Hull.

Surely too expensive for us.

11 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Quality or not, NO MORE CROCKS 

When will people learn? I don’t want us signing ANY player whose been out longer than a year at any point in their career 

A crock who played 35 games this season?

One long term injury doesn’t mean someone is a crock.

Also, when you have FFP issues and want to bring in quality then you have to take the odd gamble.

Take comfort in the fact he’s a free transfer, Bruce knows him well, and given our recent problems with injured players there is likely to be a very thorough check on potential signings.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

When will people learn? I don’t want us signing ANY player whose been out longer than a year at any point in their career 

He has proven he is over that injury by playing 35 games last season with no ptoblems. This aint Abdi we are talking about.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blue and white said:

As Bruce has already said, he had nothing to spend at Villa and turned them from a joke to a promotion chasing team for the princely sum of 1.5m, yes it involved loans and free signs but if we are going down that route we have the best man for the job.

This. I don't think some people particularly Villa Fans realise what a good job he actually did at Villa Park?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Arnold said:

He's started following a few of the Wednesday squad on twitter, also Alex Bruce. 

IMG_20190511_212056.jpg

Michael Hector - Fresh Prince of East Ham? So the rumours about the pigs wanting him are true then.:duntmatter:

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

So anyone that's had an injury is a "crock"

This could be a long search for players !

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mogbad said:

Prior to his injury Odubajo made 54, 57, 49 & 53 appearances in consecutive seasons & now after his rehabilitation has made 35 appearances on his first full season back after the injury.  Apart from his major knee injury there is no history of constant injuries.  

While I understand the fitness concerns a player of his ability on a free is an absolute steal.

I can't believe some of the negativity on here to his possible signing yet we give hero status to Sam Hutchinson who is plagued by injuries & has only made more than 30 appearances once in his career.  If anybody on here suggested we get rid of Hutch they'd get far more negs than agreements.

Think this would be a good deal and agree with the above but my issue is, do we need another RB? Yes he is better than Iorfa and Palmer, but Palmer has been offered a new deal so can’t see why we would need him, unless we plan on using him wide right with Iorfa at RB

32 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Think this would be a good deal and agree with the above but my issue is, do we need another RB? Yes he is better than Iorfa and Palmer, but Palmer has been offered a new deal so can’t see why we would need him, unless we plan on using him wide right with Iorfa at RB

Odubajo is more than just a right back, he can play fullback on both sides, he can play on the wing on both sides, yes it was League 1 but in his younger days at Leyton Orient he scored 12 goals in a season (2013-2014). He's also very quick and comfortable with the ball attacking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Going by what the player has said, I think Iorfa has been primarily brought in as a CB. 

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I’m not sure about him being a good full back He gets himself the wrong side of his man too often Good going forward though. 

Its like we’d have three players who would be competing for right back, and the perfect scenario would be, one player with the best attributes from all three.

• Haha 1

Gotta say I’m hugely impressed with the lad’s attitude and the way he talks after watching this. Didn’t know any of this about him, but his pre-teen years sound like something out of a Mike Leigh film - fantastic that he’s emerged from all that so articulate, motivated and disciplined by the sounds of it. Really seems to have his head screwed on, bodes well for his continuing return to full fitness IMO. Based on this and the performances I’ve generally seen from him, I don’t see why he wouldn’t be an asset to any team at this level tbh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/05/2019 at 17:32, scilly owl said:

“West London outfit “....what’s that, a pearly suit and Union Jack waistcoat.

We’re the “South Yorkshire outfit “ apparently.... flat cap, clogs and baggy wool trousers with string tied around the bottom of the legs.

:Sid:

4 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Gotta say I’m hugely impressed with the lad’s attitude and the way he talks after watching this. Didn’t know any of this about him, but his pre-teen years sound like something out of a Mike Leigh film - fantastic that he’s emerged from all that so articulate, motivated and disciplined by the sounds of it. Really seems to have his head screwed on, bodes well for his continuing return to full fitness IMO. Based on this and the performances I’ve generally seen from him, I don’t see why he wouldn’t be an asset to any team at this level tbh.

I read a bit about him when the rumour started, got to give a lot of credit to his older brother Tom Bolarinwa(from wiki, wonder if he changed his name?) who looked after him after his mum died.

Moses was 13 at the time and Tom was only 17.....it's quite an amazing story, his mum would be proud.

He must be very strong willed. I'd risk signing him on that basis alone.