Moses Odubajo

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Fair point, we haven’t as yet lost many goals, but there isn’t many goals in that side. Let’s not forget, we finished 12th

I don't expect that to be our side to be honest but even so we finished 12th in spite of what our former manager offered up for half a season.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I don't expect that to be our side to be honest but even so we finished 12th in spite of what our former manager offered up for half a season.

Me neither, but we only climbed 4 places following Bruce taking over the reins

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

4 places is a fair amount from the position Jos left us in. The top 6 were about 15 points above us when Jos finally got his cards. We ended up 10 points off having only won 2 of our last 5 when it looked beyond us following the Villa defeat. Certainly no way we would have produced that on the last day had it meant something.  At the time Jos left we had a manager-pending for 2 months, no defined approach of play, 2 or 3 key players frozen out and Fletcher only apparently fit enough to start once every 3 games under Jos. 

Granted we need a fair bit of work to make us into contenders but we don't have a relegation threatened squad as things stand. 

Edit  - we were actually only 12 points behind when Jos got sacked but Forest had a game in hand to extend that, we were 18th in the league so improved by 6 places.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/46201873

Edited by Guest

Can’t wait for the melt down when it’s not announced by 9am 

on another point even if he if he does play full back this is much more the full back we need one that adds value to the other end of the pitch like Lazaar and iorfa did it puts teams on the back foot and Brings out the best in our attacking players and makes us much more dangerous 

I couldn’t care if it compromises us a little defensively you don’t have to defend half as much when your in and around the opposition half 

this is where Westwood our centre backs and hutch cover 

I love sheffield Wednesday when we attack 

really happy if this comes off 

39 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Thats because we were so many points off the top half when he took over , its taken a lot of clawing back 

46 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yeah but the point to take is Bruce had us moving up the table 

when we start off again all on 0 points he wouldn’t have that deficit to have to fight 

out of interest how many points would we have averaged if Bruce had of been in charge over the full season based on his results / point tally since he arrived I generally don’t know but if of hazard a guess we would have been in play offs 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Yeah but the point to take is Bruce had us moving up the table 

when we start off again all on 0 points he wouldn’t have that deficit to have to fight 

out of interest how many points would we have averaged if Bruce had of been in charge over the full season based on his results / point tally since he arrived I generally don’t know but if of hazard a guess we would have been in play offs 

And your guess would be spot on.

We averaged 1.61 points per game under Bruce, which would earn us 74 points over a full season - the same as Derby County finished on in 6th place.

28 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

And your guess would be spot on.

We averaged 1.61 points per game under Bruce, which would earn us 74 points over a full season - the same as Derby County finished on in 6th place.

Yeah but would we have finished above Derby on goal difference?

8 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Yeah but would we have finished above Derby on goal difference?

My point was more generally that we've shown potential top-six form so far under Bruce, and that's before he's had a chance to really put his stamp on the squad.

Here's the form table since Bruce's first game, taken from a slightly earlier date to ensure all teams had played the same number of games...

image.thumb.jpg.1b22c1147201fb70b62b9e237ebe8770.jpg

Most players contracts don't actually run out until June, so you might not see any announcements, from *any* teams, for free transfer signings for a while yet.

bubble burst.gif

Edited by Minton

On 10/05/2019 at 19:55, Ronio said:

I think Odubajo would be a great signing.  Free transfer, could certainly worth a punt. 

Does anyone think we may see Palmer in centre midfield next season?

As cover for hutch?? 

Its a possibility, he did start there as a ball winning mid, so knows the position and only moved to right back becouse were skint and didn't have one at the time. 

Is he the answer in there, even with his better fitness, physicality and work rate he'd been showing back end of the season, I don't think so, but could be OK for a few games during the season to allow us to rest somone else. 

Think about it can't be any worse than having Joey in there lol