Moses Odubajo

12 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

It’s all relative though, innit? I mean you can’t help a serious injury that keeps you out for a year, can you? Could happen to anyone. Just look at Bannan, he was a forgotten man before we signed him now every championship team would love to have him in their squad. In Bruce we trust.

Vomit Klaxon 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

All those crowing on about injury records...well, we just offered Kieran Lee a new one-year deal...

It is possible that Odubajo is over his injury woes. He just made 35 apps for Brentford. 

So far we've been linked with two players and the doomongers have three main complaints: 

- Foreign

- Injury Prone 

- We are signing X player so that means we are not signing Y 

From what we've been told, we are not going to spending millions upon millions this year. I was recently told (by an "ITK") we've made a 3 million bid for Hector (make of that what you will) and I'd suspect that will eat up a sizeable bunch of any budget set aside for recruitment. 

Bruce is going to have to wheel and deal a bit this summer, perhaps take a gamble here and there. 

So boring reading fans having some sort of meltdown every time we are linked with a player. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

All those crowing on about injury records...well, we just offered Kieran Lee a new one-year deal...

It is possible that Odubajo is over his injury woes. He just made 35 apps for Brentford. 

So far we've been linked with two players and the doomongers have three main complaints: 

- Foreign

- Injury Prone 

- We are signing X player so that means we are not signing Y 

From what we've been told, we are not going to spending millions upon millions this year. I was recently told (by an "ITK") we've made a 3 million bid for Hector (make of that what you will) and I'd suspect that will eat up a sizeable bunch of any budget set aside for recruitment. 

Bruce is going to have to wheel and deal a bit this summer, perhaps take a gamble here and there. 

So boring reading fans having some sort of meltdown every time we are linked with a player. 

Its just PTSD. I think we can be forgiven. We’ve got excited about the likes of Abdi, Jones, Boyd and Rhodes in recent seasons. 

I really like the idea signing him , palmer still hasn't signed a new deal ,maybe they are exploring other alternatives.  Also maybe Bruce sees iorfa as a centre half. Palmer will be a good player to keep on as he can play a wide range of positions 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Its just PTSD. I think we can be forgiven. We’ve got excited about the likes of Abdi, Jones, Boyd and Rhodes in recent seasons. 

I know, but those guys were all signed for sizeable transfer fees and/or large wages. 

These lads will be on frees and coming on pretty modest wages. 

Any signing has a degree of risk. 

Think we are all in agreement that Steve Bruce is the man to trust with respect to summer recruitment. 

Tbf, Odubajo was a top player a few years back. He's still pretty young and Brentford fans seem at a loss as to why they've released him. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I know, but those guys were all signed for sizeable transfer fees and/or large wages. 

These lads will be on frees and coming on pretty modest wages. 

Any signing has a degree of risk. 

Think we are all in agreement that Steve Bruce is the man to trust with respect to summer recruitment. 

Tbf, Odubajo was a top player a few years back. He's still pretty young and Brentford fans seem at a loss as to why they've released him. 

I guess it’s about lessening the risk As you say, all players can succumb to injury, at any time, but if a player has a history of recent injury concerns, or is freshly over one, then there is patently more risk. Bruce is not immune to this, witness his loan signings. Some cautioned against the signing of Aarons and Lazaar, due to those worries Sure enough, that’s the way it turned out Again, you are right to say, due to no transfer fee, and presumably, lower wages, the risk is lessened, but against that, we are less able to absorb any sort of losses. I think it is possible to take the occasional gamble, in that respect I was happy to offer Lee a new deal. It is a concern though, with question marks against both Lee, and Hutchinson, that we might be considering offering contracts to 2 other midfielders with recent injury history. That would be 4 players in one department, who we might need to manage more than others. It’s alright us saying, in Bruce we trust, but would we be saying the same, were it Carlos? Anyway, at the moment it’s just rumours

Edited by gurujuan

3 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Agreed. Bruce signed Odubajo for 3.5, and reportedly wanted Powell for 5. To sign players of that value for free aged 25 would be excellent in my opinion. 

It would be fantastic business. There are qusliry players out there available on free transfers . 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

It would be fantastic business. There are qusliry players out there available on free transfers . 

Aye, we need to be in the market for qusliry players if we want to mount a promotion challenge.

lol

• Haha 5

Guest gizowl

It's like talking to the trees on here, look on Brentford website, their gutted odubajo is leaving, Iorfa won't play full back unless in emergency, he'll either play centre half or holding roll in midfield, our new Carlton Palmer. 

6 minutes ago, gizowl said:

It's like talking to the trees on here, look on Brentford website, their gutted odubajo is leaving, Iorfa won't play full back unless in emergency, he'll either play centre half or holding roll in midfield, our new Carlton Palmer. 

Iorfa won’t play centre mid

lol

I don’t think anyone is a doom monger for being wary about signing players who have had their injury troubles. I think it’s a fair concern and in Lee, Westwood and Odubajo that would be three key players together with Fletcher also. I think we can accommodate one or two but when it becomes 4/5 key earners it’s a problem.

Nonetheless, it is also the only way we will own players of that quality at the moment so we will need to find a balance. At face value the likes of Odubajo and Powell would be cracking signings provided they stay fit and do what we know they can do.

22 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Iorfas second touch would be a tackle in midfield. He’s played fullback most of his career and I’d expect the same again next season. 

21 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

I guess when the target is to get to the promised land, what better person to bring in than Moses.

lol

Yes but we have to release him on promotion as Moses isn't allowed to enter the promised land!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Post Traumatic Season Disorder?

• Haha 1