Moses Odubajo

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Palmer was our best full back, left or right. In fact he was our best contracted defender, second only to loanee, Hector

True as far as it goes, but Lees looked very average and Fox was...well Fox.

4 hours ago, scilly owl said:

“West London outfit “....what’s that, a pearly suit and Union Jack waistcoat.

We’re the “South Yorkshire outfit “ apparently.... flat cap, clogs and baggy wool trousers with string tied around the bottom of the legs.

You wear cloggs.... 

Wasn't that the blunts under Prince warnochio and King Bassett, Bassett still remains king of the cloggers....lol 

Pace on right wing just the ticket.  When you see his highlights on YT lots of them were against us at Wembley.  tbh this could just be paper talk based on the Bruce/ Hull link but dare I say it he looks an upgrade on Palmer as competition to Iorfa no matter how well Palmer has done....

20 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Pace on right wing just the ticket.  When you see his highlights on YT lots of them were against us at Wembley.  tbh this could just be paper talk based on the Bruce/ Hull link but dare I say it he looks an upgrade on Palmer as competition to Iorfa no matter how well Palmer has done....

At right back, there is no way he is an upgrade on Palmer. Defensively, he can be a bit of a liability, always getting on the wrong side of his man Probably why they switched him back to midfield, where his real strengths lie If we were playing with wing backs, maybe, but at full back, no way

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Palmer was our best full back, left or right. In fact he was our best contracted defender, second only to loanee, Hector

You may have a case at right back as Palmer has improved tremendously, but even then you could argue that Iorfa is more effective but what can not be in question is that Lazaar is head and shoulders above anything we've got at left back. I can not believe anyone could think differently if they go to the matches.

Just now, Walt said:

You may have a case at right back as Palmer has improved tremendously, but even then you could argue that Iorfa is more effective but what can not be in question is that Lazaar is head and shoulders above anything we've got at left back. I can not believe anyone could think differently if they go to the matches.

I thought the 1 and half game that lazaar played he looked the best left back we'd had in years ……..it's the 20 games he missed that worries me . 

6 minutes ago, Walt said:

Hard to make the case on barely two appearances, where admittedly, he did look good Too injury prone though to consider bringing him back. Iorfa is a useful squad player, but a little too ungainly when defending the flanks Good to throw on when we’re trying to save the game though He’s like the new Reda.

Edited by gurujuan

Just now, torryowl said:

I thought the 1 and half game that lazaar played he looked the best left back we'd had in years ……..it's the 20 games he missed that worries me . 

That's the thing, I don't usually make snap judgements on players but this lad just looked the real deal.

I don't think I'd sign him for the injury issues but ability wise he appears different gravy.

Well Bruce knows this guy well and knows what he can bring to the team so obviously he thinks he can improve us.

It is not a risk from that perspective 

Unless it’s all rubbish of course 

Edited by oldishowl

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hard to make the case on barely two appearances, where admittedly, he did look good Too injury prone though to consider bringing him back. Iorfa is a useful squad player, but a little too ungainly when defending the flanks Good to throw on when we’re trying to save the game though He’s like the new Reda.

Did you go to the games where Lazaar played? I agree that two games is not a big enough sample but then again the 5 or 6 games palmer played Left Back isn't ideal to be saying Palmer was our best  LB.

Not arguing that Iorfa is the most technical gifted player but I'd say he was more effective (despite Palmer's impressive displays) as the sum of his parts gave the team more...his attributes made us as a team better last season as we lacked those attributes. Now if next season we fill the team with more power and pace then maybe Palmer will be the better option at right back.  

5 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

The guy is a right back. Like Palmer, he’s right footed and he’s played all his career there.  Can we go for a conventional left back instead of a player playing out of position?

Only 4 of 30 appearances last term were at RB. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

I literally cooked this theory up out of nothing on here last week, and didn’t even try to disguise it as an actual rumour

:duntmatter:

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/280545-official-summer-2019-transfer-rumours-thread/page/21/?tab=comments#comment-8619610

Well if you're gonna turn out to be Nostradamus, could you predict us signing Messi please?

• Haha 2

Guest wilyfox

I'd be pleased if he signs. Hull paid millions for him. To get him on a free would be triffic Rodders. Yes, he's had a serious knee injury - but many bounce back from those. Assombalonga's was horrific, hasn't stopped him..

Odubajo has played a decent number of games this season to imply he's still physically able post injury, and at 25-26yrs...bargain. 

15 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I'd be pleased if he signs. Hull paid millions for him. To get him on a free would be triffic Rodders. Yes, he's had a serious knee injury - but many bounce back from those. Assombalonga's was horrific, hasn't stopped him..

Odubajo has played a decent number of games this season to imply he's still physically able post injury, and at 25-26yrs...bargain. 

If he came in and played to pre injury form he’d be a very valuable asset. Similar (although he’s played a good volume of games last three seasons) with Nick Powell. 

If contracted and without any blemishes both both of these are way out of our price range. 

Guest wilyfox
22 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

If he came in and played to pre injury form he’d be a very valuable asset. Similar (although he’s played a good volume of games last three seasons) with Nick Powell. 

If contracted and without any blemishes both both of these are way out of our price range. 

Agreed. Bruce signed Odubajo for 3.5, and reportedly wanted Powell for 5. To sign players of that value for free aged 25 would be excellent in my opinion.