Moses Odubajo

16 minutes ago, steelowl said:

can't wait for SB to address our weak midfield 

I think we could do with new players across the whole of midfield if we are serious about mounting a challenge next season. 

Very strange that we are going for a right back as we are covered in this area and more importantly we need a left back.  Also strange that we are going for centre backs when I thought we would go all out for Hector. And before, posters say that we are up against FFP and we haven’t a pot to p1ss in, Bruce has come out on record saying we would look to see what we can do and the player himself would like to come back.

I hope we get our recruitment correct this summer as we regularly shoot ourselves in the foot.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

If he could stay fit would be a very exciting signing. Worrying that he missed a whole season through injury not so long ago though. The last think we need is more players out with long term injuries especially when we probably won’t have much money to spend on new signing fees and wages. 

sounds like Hooper 

38 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Do we never learn. We’ve had to wait years to get injury plagued players off our wage bill, and we’re still making the same mistakes. I warned at the time that Bruce’s decision to bring in Aarons and Lazaar was a risk, and so it turned out. Now this, crazy

He has just played 35 games in the season.  Think this has proved his fitness then some!! 

15 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Very strange that we are going for a right back and we are covered in this area and we need a left back. Also strange that we are going for centre backs when I thought we would go all out for Hector. And before, posters say that we are up against FFP and we haven’t a pot to p1ss in, Bruce has come out on record saying we would look to see what we can do and the player himself would like to come back.

I hope we get our recruitment correct this summer as we have regularly shoot ourselves in the foot.

He was used more as a left back / left wing back for Brentford last season.

2 hours ago, Dave DJ said:

If he can recapture the form he was in under Bruce at Hull I would love to have him any day of the week. He played 35 games for Brentford last season too so looks like his injury is behind him.

Until he signs and we never see him again 

10 minutes ago, mogbad said:

He was used more as a left back / left wing back for Brentford last season.

The guy is a right back. Like Palmer, he’s right footed and he’s played all his career there.  Can we go for a conventional left back instead of a player playing out of position?

44 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Can't agree with this, although Palmer is steady at left back you can see he is hesitant and over thinks things at left back - when he went back to right back he suddenly became a beast.....actually becoming a very physical full back with the attitude "i'm having that ball" where i've never seen him have that mentality before. 

I like this new Palmer at right back, he's average at left back but a steady stand in.

Agree with all of that.

Palmer at right back last weekend was a revelation and played a tricky winger out of the game.

Shows what fitness and good coaching can achieve. 

He was being written off as not good enough by many a little over six months ago.

7 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Agree with all of that.

Palmer at right back last weekend was a revelation and played a tricky winger out of the game.

Shows what fitness and good coaching can achieve. 

He was being written off as not good enough by many a little over six months ago.

Palmer was our best full back, left or right. In fact he was our best contracted defender, second only to loanee, Hector

• Haha 1

Just now, Salmonbones said:

There has been a few occasions where he has won the ball where he had no right to, going in literally beast mode.

I suppose you had to be there to see it.

Suppose you had really ......... missed 4 games in the last 6 seasons ....... must have been one of those where he “Beast Moded”!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I think Odubajo would be a great signing.  Free transfer, could certainly worth a punt. 

Does anyone think we may see Palmer in centre midfield next season?

Whilst I personally would like to see him back in the middle, almost Kieran Lee style reverting back to his original position - I don't think it will happen.    I suppose only Steve Bruce can tell us for definite mind you.

1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

Whilst I personally would like to see him back in the middle, almost Kieran Lee style reverting back to his original position - I don't think it will happen.    I suppose only Steve Bruce can tell us for definite mind you.

Spice is an evil drug ........ just say no!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Suppose you had really ......... missed 4 games in the last 6 seasons ....... must have been one of those where he “Beast Moded”!

Some people are blinkered.   

If you didn't see it, fine. 

The man has been very single minded in his last 12 games or so, when he's wanted to win the ball he has done.   

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

There has been a few occasions where he has won the ball where he had no right to, going in literally beast mode.

I suppose you had to be there to see it.

He literally turned into a beast? 

• Haha 1