Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

If Bruce is getting pissed and getting more involved then are these free transfer signings (German lad, Moses) actually done? Because the above would argue otherwise 

My guess would be he has probably gone to Chansiri and asked about the possibility of making bids for Hector, Turnbull, Morsy.  Chansiri has said not a chance unless we sell first.

Then Bruce has hit the roof about the valuations of our players.

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Be careful mate, some of them small buggers can be Reyt nasty

Tell me about it, I can remember picking on a Chinese bloke outside a bar, back in my student days He landed half a dozen blows, before I could lay a hand on him

• Haha 1

One of biggest issues Bruce needed to sort was getting the club to sell players, hopefully what Nixon is referring to is Bruce dealing with this 

Everyone is obviously more concerned with who we bring in and policy’s surrounding it, but one of the biggest things we’ve done wrong is not selling 

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It could be as simple as we have 3/4 lads agreed in principle but they’re getting nervous and could be tempted away. So Bruce will be anxious that we don’t miss out on them as it would be a disaster.

Or Bruce back off holiday and Rhodes, probably a few others not sold yet, meaning we need to get things moving so Bruce can crack on with his shopping list. 

6 minutes ago, striker said:

Or Bruce back off holiday and Rhodes, probably a few others not sold yet, meaning we need to get things moving so Bruce can crack on with his shopping list. 

Stop it with your common sense. Doesn’t go down well on here

• Haha 1

Personally think everything’s ok! I do think we have some temporary soft embargo but it will be lifted once the sale of the ground has been completed or the accounts being filed. 

Im sure Bruce has had a word with Chansiri and I ‘get’ his frustrations as he is clearly over valuing our players. I think he wants Rhodes and Winnall sold so he can move onto his primary target, i.e. Hector. I also think we may sign a couple more with fees involved. 

Everything should be clearer in the next 2 weeks. I expect we will be in the clear and then we can announce our new signings - the one’s on frees. 

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Stop it with your common sense. Doesn’t go down well on here

Sorry, I meant to say there was a huge bust up in the boardroom over the bourbons, DC tried to  roundhouse kick Bruce, who ducked and ended up snapping Abdi in two, who had called in for his P45. All witnessed by a youth player who happened to be there and immediately phoned Nixon.....better?

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree. But it’s the same thing, we need them out to ratify deals and until they are approved then there’s always a bit of a risk.

31 minutes ago, striker said:

Sorry, I meant to say there was a huge bust up in the boardroom over the bourbons, DC tried to  roundhouse kick Bruce, who ducked and ended up snapping Abdi in two, who had called in for his P45. All witnessed by a youth player who happened to be there and immediately told @room0035.....better?

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, striker said:

He's probably very frustrated, he wasn't here last summer when the JR loan took 2 months to complete, so isn't familiar with the speed at which we negotiate

Hopefully he needs to raise some £s for the quality players he has lined up and doesn't want to lose them

DC needs to realise that if you are buying well at a good price, you can afford to drop a bit on the selling price of some players and still have the same financial position