Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest gizowl
21 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Can all go for me, especially if Bruce manages to wheel & deal more signings like Iorfa in. 

Not Forestieri PLEASE NO. 

When Bruce suggested the main thrust of our transfer strategy, was to target loan signings from the the Premier League big six, it seemed like an excellent idea. Young, hungry talented youngsters, on the way up, adding the sort of quality we cannot afford to buy. If the rumoured done deals, four is it, plus the latest Aneke from MK Dons, all transpire, how many loan deals do we think we may look to complete, and what positions? I would imagine it would be the more creative attacking players that would be targeted. That is where the extra quality might make a real difference.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

When Bruce suggested the main thrust of our transfer strategy, was to target loan signings from the the Premier League big six, it seemed like an excellent idea. Young, hungry talented youngsters, on the way up, adding the sort of quality we cannot afford to buy. If the rumoured done deals, four is it, plus the latest Aneke from MK Dons, all transpire, how many loan deals do we think we may look to complete, and what positions? I would imagine it would be the more creative attacking players that would be targeted. That is where the extra quality might make a real difference.

I’m sure when he discussed his strategy he wasn’t thinking transfer embargo.

Just now, gurujuan said:

That's what I was expecting. A permanent defence so we don't rely on loan deals and them leaving half way through.

I'm expecting a winger, attacking midfielder and defensive mid from Prem clubs.

2 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

I’m sure when he discussed his strategy he wasn’t thinking transfer embargo.

Probably not, but I think we were mainly talking frees and loans anyway If we can shift a couple out, then there might be scope to spend a bit on fees.

44 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Not Forestieri PLEASE NO. 

Hardly contributed anything substantial last 18 months /2 years due to injuries and suspensions. You can also add the court cases and probability he's gonna get (knowing our luck) hit with an 8 to 10 match ban for racial abuse(rightly or wrongly) by the FA and miss another chunk of the next season too. 

11 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Hardly contributed anything substantial last 18 months /2 years due to injuries and suspensions. You can also add the court cases and probability he's gonna get (knowing our luck) hit with an 8 to 10 match ban for racial abuse(rightly or wrongly) by the FA and miss another chunk of the next season too. 

All those things work against him, yes, but he still remains the player most likely to elevate us above the ordinary. Also, all the stuff that goes against him, means we are unlikely to be able to sell him anyway Keep him, unless we can find better

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

All those things work against him, yes, but he still remains the player most likely to elevate us above the ordinary. Also, all the stuff that goes against him, means we are unlikely to be able to sell him anyway Keep him, unless we can find better

Providing we have re-signed Westwood, the spine of Westwood, Lees, Bannan and Fletcher is key to us having a successful season. We have to have them fit and available and in excellent form for us to be where we want to be. Granted the likes of Forrestieri and Reach should they still be Wednesday players will play a role too but the spine of the team is the key for me.

2 hours ago, owls79 said:

Been reading on Norwich forum and they seem to think the deal with Rhodes is close. 

Just been reading that after seeing your post. Initially seems like it came from a joke tweet but then the person who tweeted it apparently mentioned last seasons loan before the deal was rumoured anywhere else.

Suggestion seems to be it is another loan. Not sure how that would benefit us unless there’s a decent fee, full wages and bonuses thrown in.

Another is claiming to have spoke to Rhodes today who said training starts next week & he hopes a deal is sorted by then. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, camffiti said:

I genuinely have no idea wtf this is ... :ph34r: 

20190619_152841.thumb.jpg.913523b4639458c1f1cd605d1d4c133c.jpg

Know what you mean-flimsy nightwear and a lady pleaser. Niel’s ad selection is proper random; no wonder he is always begging for extra cash to keep the site going. What do you reckon to these; can’t see them being much use on a cold winter’s night when you are trying to give a Millwall fan an after-match shoeing:

0747F21D-B889-48BC-BB46-27C4FE0A818F.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Can all go for me, especially if Bruce manages to wheel & deal more signings like Iorfa in. 

Agreed

Its got to be about the team not individuals from now on, that’s how promotion is won