Alan Nixon

8 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Take a look at what is happening at Reading.

Luis Castro, a random unknown foreigner with links to other random clubs, is about to be appointed.

This will be us.

Absolute garbage appointment coming up.

They're also giving him a 100 million pound transfer budget according to the media! WTF is all that about...

Edited by s6 owl

2 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Take a look at what is happening at Reading.

Luis Castro, a random unknown foreigner with links to other random clubs, is about to be appointed.

This will be us.

Absolute garbage appointment coming up.

Funnily enough, both Thai owners with fathers from the same company and raised very closely together, both dragging their respective toys, sorry team to oblivion.

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Funnily enough, both Thai owners with fathers from the same company and raised very closely together, both dragging their respective toys, sorry team to oblivion.

Close, but the Thai bloke has flogged 75% to some Chinese characters.

Whoever comes in has a pretty thankless task for next season and a half, for that reason alone I don’t mind Jos is charge as he’s doing the dirty work assigned to him without too much fuss. 

Can he take us forward after we’ve navigated through this season and next? Unlikely from what I’ve seen but by then we should have: 

- Gotten rid of most of the high earners, crocks & mistakes

- bedded in the youngsters

- have a solid foundation of young, robust, inexpensive players to add to and push on

At that stage without FFP constraints it’s a decent prospect for someone to take over! Before then who will want to come in and have no cash, 4-5 players that can’t play due to whatever restrictions, 4-5 players that can play but wrapped in cotton wool, 4-5 players that are almost ready / almost good enough? 

I’d rather keep Jos and maybe bring in a young first team coach to work under him and solely work with ‘available’ players whilst Jos continues taking most flack. Someone like a Hurst that could eventually take over maybe.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Whoever comes in has a pretty thankless task for next season and a half, for that reason alone I don’t mind Jos is charge as he’s doing the dirty work assigned to him without too much fuss. 

Can he take us forward after we’ve navigated through this season and next? Unlikely from what I’ve seen but by then we should have: 

- Gotten rid of most of the high earners, crocks & mistakes

- bedded in the youngsters

- have a solid foundation of young, robust, inexpensive players to add to and push on

At that stage without FFP constraints it’s a decent prospect for someone to take over! Before then who will want to come in and have no cash, 4-5 players that can’t play due to whatever restrictions, 4-5 players that can play but wrapped in cotton wool, 4-5 players that are almost ready / almost good enough? 

I’d rather keep Jos and maybe bring in a young first team coach to work under him and solely work with ‘available’ players whilst Jos continues taking most flack. Someone like a Hurst that could eventually take over maybe.

If Jos is still here at the end of the season chances we'll be in League one. 

It could well be Bruce, if he wants it. Will be interesting to see what Nixon says

i think he’d do a better job of engaging with the supporters. His teams don’t always have a clear identity from what I can tell, but in terms of experience and someone who can communicate relatively well with the media it would be a step in right direction.

Edited by Bluesteel

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It could well be Bruce, if he wants it. Will be interesting to see what Nixon says

i think he’d do a better job of engaging with the supporters. His teams don’t always have a clear identity from what I can tell, but in terms of experience and someone who can communicate relatively well with the media it would be a step in right direction.

He'd at least insist on a proper set up around him off the pitch. 

Interesting that a few have heard this is a possibility- I would never have thought it's a route DC would go down.

I'm.now starring to think the Fans Forum could have been called in the knowledge we have a new man lined up.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

1 minute ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Bizarrely ended up sat in front of a lad from my unit who I never realised was a Wednesday fan. He mentioned that his missus chats to the wife of one of our banished stars and from him DC is currently sourcing a new manager. May be BS but don’t think he is the type to make things up.

Seems bit random that a vanished star has the inside track on behind the scenes activity, but being Wednesday nothing would surprise me.