Alan Nixon

2 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

He'd be too expensive I'm afraid. I'd adjust your expectations to way below the likes of Bruce. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I'd be very surprised if any of us have even heard of his replacement.

Bruce is gash, don’t know why people think he’s some massive high profile manager 

Id hazard guess he would rather come here than Reading, and I’d really rather he didn’t 

2 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

He'd be too expensive I'm afraid. I'd adjust your expectations to way below the likes of Bruce. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I'd be very surprised if any of us have even heard of his replacement.

Honestly think Bruce would fancy having a go with us. Loves Bannan.

I doubt Bruce and Jakanovic would be interested in the job.

More realistic alternatives would be Holloway, Megson, Grayson, Heckingbottom and Hurst.

Not very exciting but all better than Luhukay IMO, my choice would be Megson and then Holloway.

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Bruce is gash, don’t know why people think he’s some massive high profile manager 

Id hazard guess he would rather come here than Reading, and I’d really rather he didn’t 

He's been labelled a cheque book manager in the past, for that reason I don't see how it would really suit either party him coming here.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

More realistic alternatives would be Holloway, Megson, Grayson, Heckingbottom and Hurst.

Not very exciting but all better than Luhukay IMO, my choice would be Megson and then Holloway.

Jokanovic I agree,  Bruce is not as good as people think ...   he won’t be getting no big job anytime soon , probs end up at Reading 

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Think you are on the right lines with those 5.

My choice would be Holloway until the end of the season and if possible bring Hurst as his Assistant. 

Ollie would change the atmosphere around the place which is badly needed. 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Jokanovic I agree,  Bruce is not as good as people think ...   he won’t be getting no big job anytime soon , probs end up at Reading 

Jokanovic turned the job down last time he was interviewed which was when Carlos got the job. If he wasn't interested back then i can't see him being interested now.

Just now, s6 owl said:

Jokanovic turned the job down last time he was interviewed which was when Carlos got the job. If he wasn't interested back then i can't see him being interested now.

Yeh like I said ,I’d be inclined to agree he wouldn’t entertain it 

36 minutes ago, SiJ said:

This is the thing. 

No one with an ounce of intelligence is going to touch the job with a barge pole unless Chansiri can make some sort of guarantees with respect to recruitment, transfers etc...which I highly doubt he can with FFP/Profit and Sustainability. 

No doubt we will end up with some randomer who hasn't been managing for the last five years, but went for a Pizza Express with Paxo a few months back. 

We won’t have a chance of getting someone of decent standard until DC sells up 

The chairman situation is of main importance IMO. Hopefully at the AGM we’ll have some news on that 

Edited by FreshOwl

18 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

This is the worries, history suggests this is the type of manager he goes for either through choice or bad advice.

Intelligence you something, if he gets this ring that's me finished with the club until he is gone and I doubt I'll be on my own.

6 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Think you are on the right lines with those 5.

My choice would be Holloway until the end of the season and if possible bring Hurst as his Assistant. 

Ollie would change the atmosphere around the place which is badly needed. 

Is actually a really good shout that,  said last week I think Holloway would be a great choice for us , and to have someone like Hurst involved would be a great shout 

5 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Did he? I'd be surprised if that is true, he was announced as the Tel Aviv manager only 3 days after Gray was sacked. I can't imagine that we interviewed him in that short window. Not only that there was a long period of back and forth with Doyen trying to get Chansiri to appoint Petrescu during that time.

• Like 1