MAD MICK

6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Apart from the timeframe, this sounds a lot like Luhukay's situation.

:biggrin:

A lot of special pleading here on behalf of McCarthy. If he had similar funding here for similar results, it wouldn't be long before the outcry began all over again.

I think the general feeling is that Luhukay is a bit of a soft touch and the players don't look motivated. Even when we win games we rarely take the game to the opposition do we? We never dominate for large spells of games. We always seem like we lack confidence and our reluctance to run into space and drive forward is really alarming. A lot can be said for a manager that gives his players confidence and motivates them to play at maximum effort. Warnock does this for example. Can you honestly say Jos motivates the players fully, inspires the fans and creates a 'we can win' attitude? He doesn't one bit for me. I don't believe in him I can't get on board with his ideas, tactics, formations and generally he seems to confuse the whole ground rather than inspire. 

I know the cliche is a bit crass (losing the dressingroom). Maybe he hasn't but thats because i don't believe he ever had the player's full backing or ever will. He can't do with some of the half hearted performances we've forked out to see this season. The players can't be happy with being played all over the place. Player of the month dropped (for the 2nd month running). Tactical changes every game. Formation changes every game. I could go on...

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

So you would rather have another doyen plant...cos that's the alternative

Thats my big fear. DC going down the same route of letting his buddies at Doyen send us another of their unknown yes men who isnt good enough. 

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Not really. He didn't have to say it.

Struck to me him saying I haven't met him face to face but have been on the phone.

Again, I've no idea how you've come to that conclusion. I guess you 'hear' what you want to hear...but he didn't have to say it. :wacko:

1 minute ago, roaminowl said:

Again, I've no idea how you've come to that conclusion. I guess you 'hear' what you want to hear...but he didn't have to say it. :wacko:

Why did he mention that he was there though? He could have just said what he said after without mentioning that.

Personally I think he dropped a hint he'd been in touch. Like Nixon said.

17 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Apart from the timeframe, this sounds a lot like Luhukay's situation.

:biggrin:

A lot of special pleading here on behalf of McCarthy. If he had similar funding here for similar results, it wouldn't be long before the outcry began all over again.

Jos has had a much higher calibre of player to choose from than MM's ever had at Ipswich imo. 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Thats my big fear. DC going down the same route of letting his buddies at Doyen send us another of their unknown yes men who isnt good enough. 

Yeah, they are talking in the Admiral Rodders now...they apologised to DC about the last two...but now they have found the special one...and he will be cheap, they have promised he will get us up....though one of em had his fingers crossed behind his back

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The last one was 9 years ago.

To be fair promotion should not even be considered. MM would come in and sort us out and stop us going down, which I think he would. Not exactly the manager we should have been looking at with the money we've had at our disposal. But the situation is what it is. 

We get beat at the Lane don't think anyone can really defend Jos staying. The manner in which we have lost the last three games has been really worrying. Anyone who comes in won't make much of a difference until we're allowed to spend money again. But given the backlash on here wouldn't be surprised if Chansiri sticks his two fingers up and does a Hull City. 

The problem is that Jos has now isolated the old contemptibles to such an extent that he can't bring them back if he wants to, not least WW.

That's what I've heard from the bowels of the club, it's not just speculation on my part.

I wrote in a thread earlier today that there's no truth in the rumours about players being omitted for financial reasons, and that's already been confirmed in WW's case several days ago.

The players who took to the field yesterday were there because Jos chose them, or because they were the only ones he could muster.

It's done, one way or another.

The question now is who replaces him, and will it be before the ninth?

Personally, I can't see anything but a hammering if the same people go again on Friday.

It must have broken Dawson's heart to hear the crowd chant for WW yesterday,

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The problem is that Jos has now isolated the old contemptibles to such an extent that he can't bring them back if he wants to, not least WW.

That's what I've heard from the bowels of the club, it's not just speculation on my part.

I wrote in a thread earlier today that there's no truth in the rumours about players being omitted for financial reasons, and that's already been confirmed in WW's case several days ago.

The players who took to the field yesterday were there because Jos chose them, or because they were the only ones he could muster.

It's done, one way or another.

The question now is who replaces him, and will it be before the ninth?

Personally, I can't see anything but a hammering if the same people go again on Friday.

It must have broken Dawson's heart to hear the crowd chant for WW yesterday,

Willy Westwood? Kieran's twin?