MAD MICK

8 hours ago, CLswfc said:

59 year old, commentating in some back whack Asian country I understand. Of course he wants the job, 3 year contract fu8kall to work with so he can't be held responsible for what happens this season. Happy days, nice pension fund. Like someone who as already alluded to, similar situation with Ipswich and look what happened. Commentating in some back whack Asian country. If we are going to build for the future, that's exactly what we do irrespective of how this season pans out. I'm sorry but MM's of this world are not for future building but quick fixes which very rarely work out. In Wednesdays case its not a quick fix which ever you look at it.

The fact you said ‘back whack Asian country’ twice really made me laugh for some reason 

10 hours ago, CLswfc said:

59 year old, commentating in some back whack Asian country I understand. Of course he wants the job, 3 year contract fu8kall to work with so he can't be held responsible for what happens this season. Happy days, nice pension fund. Like someone who as already alluded to, similar situation with Ipswich and look what happened. Commentating in some back whack Asian country. If we are going to build for the future, that's exactly what we do irrespective of how this season pans out. I'm sorry but MM's of this world are not for future building but quick fixes which very rarely work out. In Wednesdays case its not a quick fix which ever you look at it.

Majority of Wednesday fans will relate to McCarthy... his outspoken frank views and press conferences will be something we haven’t had for years ...he will unite the fan base ...a big character at the forefront of our club....something we have needed for years

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Let me repeat. Three of the clubs in the top six have a foreign manager. All seven of those below us have British ones. Ipswich are onto their second but he's obviously not had chance yet to have much impact.

But as we have discussed before ... those teams have good foreign managers..... we have ..and have had ..bad foreign managers 

9 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Majority of Wednesday fans will relate to McCarthy... his outspoken frank views and press conferences will be something we haven’t had for years ...he will unite the fan base ...a big character at the forefront of our club....something we have needed for years

He’s as dull as dishwater in every aspect :duntmatter:

3 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

But as we have discussed before ... those teams have good foreign managers..... we have ..and have had ..bad foreign managers 

That's special pleading if I ever saw it. Dangerously close to implying British managers are better than foreign ones, except when they're not, and they don't really count.

But rather accidentally you have at least put your finger on the crux of the matter. What we need is a good manager. Where they are from is of no relevance.

Just now, DJMortimer said:

That's special pleading if I ever saw it. Dangerously close to implying British managers are better than foreign ones, except when they're not, and they don't really count.

But rather accidentally you have at least put your finger on the crux of the matter. What we need is a good manager. Where they are from is of no relevance.

When Carlos went .... If we had got the Leeds or forests new managers... both foreign and quality managers...I would have thought great... but we didn’t....another badly advised appointment.... foreign or not

30 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Facts