MAD MICK

Look - in this situation I’m a Megson man TBH but Mick Mac would probably relish the challenge and I wonder (mebbe in mi dreams) whether he could get Gary Cahill in as a player coach or summat. We won’t get out of this division without sorting out the defence - I used to think Andy Sinton was the most pivotal disastrous signing of my lifetime but I’m starting to think it was the 4 million or whatever on Van Aken when Harley Dean/ Sean Morrison or Charlie Mulgrew and the 200 others we looked at would have probably given us a better platform for success.

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet

I'm pretty sure DC didn't have the foggiest who Carlos Carvalhal  or Jos Luhukay were before they became our managers.

Which begs the question, who is advising DC and what vested interests do they have?

If Big Mick wants the gig he needs to find the answers.........or we go down the 'Rhodes road' of supposedly clamouring to get him in.

It's actually quite an interesting/scary thought who our new manager(if we get one) might be.

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

Tbf that was 10 years ago. 

We all know that Mick is a bit of a knob and perhaps he's past his best...but, right now, we probably need a bit of hard work, gumption, players running through brick walls and all the other tired cliches. 

And running at Coutts.

See what his state of mind's like.

18 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

I'm pretty sure DC didn't have the foggiest who Carlos Carvalhal  or Jos Luhukay were before they became our managers.

Which begs the question, who is advising DC and what vested interests do they have?

If Big Mick wants the gig he needs to find the answers.........or we go down the 'Rhodes road' of supposedly clamouring to get him in.

It's actually quite an interesting/scary thought who our new manager(if we get one) might be.

That's true.

But not as scary as the prospect of keeping Jos if yesterday is anything to go by.

5 hours ago, steelowl said:

local bloke out of work would love an addition to his pension 

I've met him nice bloke  but professionally he has done well on f'all  but all i can think of is the simek incident 

B0ll0cks to that. Ive got a reason to hate every club, player and manager that have ever set foot inside Hillsborough. I’d have him

8 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Very good answer and professional.

I think there may be something in this. If it’s true, I will be surprised as I wouldn’t have thought DC would go for Mick McCarthy.

The 'im here arent i?' answer reads to me as he's had a chat on the phone already.

If Nixon is to be believed the club know his interest so something maybe in the works.

Hopefully.

2 hours ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Chansiri won't get rid of Jos.

If he did however, he wouldn't hire McCarthy.

Even if he did somehow become our manager, he wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut about the farcical situation behind the scenes and would either walk out or be sacked.

What a weird post ,full of facts that are maybes and then facts 

5 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

People still pissed off about the Simeck red card. It was 10 years ago! That kind of ruthless win at all costs attitude is what has been needed at this club for decades. At the moment we love playing the lovable loser. 

Exactly. I would love to have a manager that other fans hate just because he's a nasty c**t who would do anything to get his team the best result. We desperately need it.

Edited by s6 owl

In our current situation Mick is more than ideal.  Got the basis of a half decent squad if he picks the correct personnel and systems. 

Knows the Division, is local, will work with a restricted budget. 

How much better does this team sound with Mad Mick in charge. 

Westwood

Palmer 

Penney 

Lees 

Hector 

Thornily 

Hutchinson 

Bannan

Reach

Forrestieri 

Fletcher

Subs:

Wildsmith / Dawson 

Boyd 

Pudil

Onomah

Winnall

Joao

Jones

The problem we have is that DC is so very autocratic ()from what we're told / advised / speculated about on here), and he will not listen to anyone else's opinions, despite them having much greater experience in the game.  We definitely need a strong manager such as MM who wouldn't stand a lack of effort on the field and would get the team organised and playing a defined system to the best of their ability.

I fear that DC might take no action until it's far far too late.  Or even if he does take action, the replacement will be someone we have never heard of and who has NO relevant experience.  

3 minutes ago, Kevan said:

The problem we have is that DC is so very autocratic ()from what we're told / advised / speculated about on here), and he will not listen to anyone else's opinions, despite them having much greater experience in the game.  We definitely need a strong manager such as MM who wouldn't stand a lack of effort on the field and would get the team organised and playing a defined system to the best of their ability.

I fear that DC might take no action until it's far far too late.  Or even if he does take action, the replacement will be someone we have never heard of and who has NO relevant experience.  

This pretty much. 

For me i want to see and feel that my club has a plan in place. We just don't have one. Its quite clear from the fact we've overspent and got into FFP trouble that those at the top are incapable of setting out realistic plans and working to them like clubs such as Brighton, Huddersfield, Brentford etc have done. They all have an identity, work ethic and defined structure in the running of the club on and off the pitch. For us its scatter gun, panicked, unprofessional, unfriendly, blame gaming between fans and chairman. Its all over the place. On the pitch we are all over the place too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

This pretty much. 

For me i want to see and feel that my club has a plan in place. We just don't have one. Its quite clear from the fact we've overspent and got into FFP trouble that those at the top are incapable of setting out realistic plans and working to them like clubs such as Brighton, Huddersfield, Brentford etc have done. They all have an identity, work ethic and defined structure in the running of the club on and off the pitch. For us its scatter gun, panicked, unprofessional, unfriendly, blame gaming between fans and chairman. Its all over the place. On the pitch we are all over the place too. 

I couldn't agree more!  There is absolutely no plan, no structure, no forethought.  It feels like DC is just a kid with a box full of new toys and can't decide which to play with first - or even if he's going to bother playing with them at all.  We are in deep, deep trouble and the lethargy that's coming from the top is unbelievable.

• Like 1