MAD MICK

16 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

The more you think about it the more it seems the perfect choice.

He’s a Yorkshireman 

He has experience managing in this league

he has experience getting teams promoted from this league 

he has experience managing a team with zero funds in this league 

he has experience bringing young players into the team 

He’ll be hungry for the challenge 

The main negative seems to be his style of play. But he didn’t have the likes of Forestieri and Bannan in his squad at Ipswich. So who knows how dull it will be?

Really hope this happens now

Nailed it mate, Big Mick’s barmy army! 

I do like McCarthy's no sh*t approach. As volatile as it can seem.

"I live in a black and white world." 

We won't get the usual platitudes and cliches with him at the helm that's for sure.

It's a risk, of course, but after 4 losses on the trot coming up to yet another massive derby I think I'd be willing to take it.

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

“I don’t like being speculated about while there’s a guy in the job.”

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-mick-mccarthy-addresses-speculation-linking-him-with-owls-job-1-9427825

Mick wants the job, thats clear. 

I wasn’t even aware of being linked with the club but I’m glad he’s been told, I also hope that someone tells chansiri that he’s the man for the job 

I’ve always liked and I’d be chuffed if we got him 

Jos will 100% be in charge for the derby. 

If we win or draw it's DC's dream ticket because he can keep things as they are and not get rid of anyone.

If we lose maybe, just maybe, he'll come to another mutual agreement like he did with CC to part ways....I can't see him officially "sacking" Jos at any point.

4 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Jos will 100% be in charge for the derby. 

If we win or draw it's DC's dream ticket because he can keep things as they are and not get rid of anyone.

If we lose maybe, just maybe, he'll come to another mutual agreement like he did with CC to part ways....I can't see him officially "sacking" Jos at any point.

I honestly don’t think DC sees the importance in a derby. 

Just now, DJMortimer said:

Is there a prize I don't know about for the 1,000th person to post exactly this? The way things are going I think there must be. :dry:

No doubt you’re going to state more stats about how English managers are not more successful than foreign managers ....ok no problem... but our foreign managers have been unsuccessful...it’s time for a change..... just hope it happens 

Sure I read a story from years ago where he disliked Wednesday. Something to do with where he lived in Barnsley, and all his neighbours were Wednesdayites. 

And that incident where he got Simek sent off was a shocker. 

Wouldn’t be my first choice, but he might just be the right man at the right time. 

Edited by vulva

Does anyone think his straight talking and honest approach will go down well with Wednesday fans? He’s a character is Big Mick and that type seem to do well down at Hillsborough. 

Ive never been a fan of his type of football but he’s not had a pot to p1ss in at Portman Road. He will be working with better players at Wednesday. 

Given our financial constraints this may be the right choice at this current time. I’m still uncertain whether DC will do it though.

Edited by Bouncing Owl
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Does anyone think his straight talking and honest approach will go down well with Wednesday fans? He’s a character is Big Mick and that type seem to do well down at Hillsborough. 

Ive never been a fan of his type of football but he’s not had a pot to p1ss in at Portman Road. He will be working with better players at Wednesday. 

Given our financial constraints this may be the right choice at this current time. I’m still uncertain whether DC will do it though.

He was a thug as a player and a c**t as a manager...why wouldn't we want him Lol

24 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Agreed. This is most likely going to get far worse before we see positive action.

Agreed. For me even if we get a positive result on Friday it will just be papering over the cracks. Long term imo we need a new manager in charge. In an ideal world I would love a win on Friday but a new manager in place during the international break.