MAD MICK

Just now, deano said:

Not sure if it's been posted but he was asked about the speculation by Richard Keys when working as a pundit today. 

He said they have a manager so no job to discuss. He didn't rule it out like he could of. 

only about 3 or 4 times mate  start feeling sorry for the relatives of the pope

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

An entirely subjective opinion. Like I said, you could make a case either way depending on your own particular mindset.

No it isn’t, it’s objective and as I’m well in agreement there are far more exciting and possession based attacking managers out there but how many of them would want the job in the short term without being a recent struggler such as Heckingbottom or Hurst is debateable.

But in terms of actual evidence, In McCarthy’s years the Ipswich wage bill has been around 13-17m as opposed to ours under DC which was around 29m last time. Losses of 6m rather than 20m. A annual gross  spend of 0.5 for four seasons

McCarthy was there since 2012 and the finishes have been 14th, 9th, 6th, 7th, 16th and 12th. The fans were sick of him by the end (after 5 or 6 years) but working off a budget that is in the lower quartile of the league those finishes are decent and it’s hard to keep over achieving for that long. In terms of leaving them in a state, again the evidence is that his successor was able to buy a whole new team and they have had some teething problems to say the least. 

Mccarthy might not be your cup of tea and that’s fair enough. But I don’t think he can be accused of leaving them in any kind of state or leaving a hospital pass. Generally speaking a big character seems to do well here and I sense choppy waters ahead until we are not wholly constrained by losses.

If we sold one or two and had a genuinely clean slate then perhaps other choices would be better but only the chairman knows whether that might happen.

This Swiss ramble is a good insight and context into his time there

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2017/01/ipswich-town-stuck-in-moment.html?m=1

• Like 1

Just imagine Mick with some of our support and some on owstalklol

Sport > Football > Football League

Mick McCarthy 'sick to death' with Ipswich supporters whose opinion of him fluctuates like a 'fiddler’s elbow'

Ipswich Town 1 Norwich City 1: The Tractor Boys failed at the seventh attempt to get the better of their bitter foes at Portman Road on Sunday as refereeing decisions dominated again

Click to follow
Sport
Mick McCarthy did not hold back when asked for his views on supporters' opinions of him

Mick McCarthy did not hold back when asked for his views on supporters' opinions of him ( Getty )

Mick McCarthy has said he is “sick to death” with some Ipswich Town supporters in an expletive-ridden rant following the 1-1 draw with Norwich City in the East Anglia derby.

The 57-year-old launched into extraordinary rhapsody in his post-match press conference on Sunday, saying the perception of him fluctuates “like a bloody fiddler’s elbow”, as the Tractor Boys failed at the seventh attempt to get the better of their rivals.

“I get sick to death,” the former Sunderland and Wolverhampton manager said. “We play one bad half and we’re all s*** and we can’t play. The manager doesn’t care. Get somebody who cares.

Read more

“I’m a boring c***, somebody called me last week. I wish they would call it to my face on my own because his pint of lager ... he would have been wearing it.

“I heard the comments and let me tell you if that’s what they think about me and my team then they are sadly mistaken. I’m not having that. It really does hurt me. Up and down like a bloody fiddler’s elbow. I’m alright one week but I’m not the next.”

Cameron Jerome gave relegated Norwich the lead in the 26th minute but Ipswich cancelled the arrears before half-time with a stoppage-time equaliser from Denmark international Jonas Knudsen. 

The match bubbled with controversy, however, after Jonathan Douglas was denied a goal for the hosts for offside just two minutes into the contest with replays later calling the linesman’s decision into question.

knudsen.jpg

Jonas Knudsen celebrates scoring Ipswich's equaliser (Getty)

McCarthy, who plans to consult Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) over the call, added: “I’ve just been speaking to the lads at Sky and they said there was a ‘suggestion’ from their pundits that it may be onside.

“I said, ‘Well make your f***ing mind up, it either is or it isn’t’. I live in a black and white world. They decided it was onside. If that is the case then I will be battering PGMOL’s door down again on Monday morning with a tirade of, ‘Hey, any chance of us getting a decision?’

“No I won’t ... I’ll be doing that tonight on their answering machine. Somebody asked me on TV, ‘Did you do enough to win the game?’ Well quite clearly we didn’t win. What a stupid bloody question.

“No because we didn’t score two goals. But I thought we played well enough but we didn’t manage to get another goal. The performance was good enough but we didn’t have that second goal in us.”

Follow the Independent Sport on Instagram here, for all of the best images, videos and stories from around the sporting world.

3 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

I’m trying to remember his wolves and Sunderland teams? 

How did they play?

Long ball?

I can’t really say I saw his Ipswich team as a long ball team, well organised maybe. 

His wolves team played great attacking football with a nasty attitude as I remember. 

• Thanks 1

Just had a better look at his record and it's quite impressive imo. Always seems to stay with a club for several seasons, has got teams promoted and avoided relegation from the prem a number of times (albeit had teams come down aswell) I'm in. 

He’s the ideal replacement for me. This job isn’t going to be the one filled with money anymore and we need someone whose proven they can rebuild a side which is competitive in this league and get the best out of what he has! What did with Darryl Murphy was nothing short of a miracle. He’d also be an end to the aimless passing between back 4 and keeper and that’s me happy 

10 minutes ago, deano said:

Just had a better look at his record and it's quite impressive imo. Always seems to stay with a club for several seasons, has got teams promoted and avoided relegation from the prem a number of times (albeit had teams come down aswell) I'm in. 

Old Mick was hampered at Ipswich by a feeble strike force.

Look at McGoldrick.

He's known to be an admirer of our forwards.

22 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Just imagine Mick with some of our support and some on owstalklol

Sport > Football > Football League

Mick McCarthy 'sick to death' with Ipswich supporters whose opinion of him fluctuates like a 'fiddler’s elbow'

Ipswich Town 1 Norwich City 1: The Tractor Boys failed at the seventh attempt to get the better of their bitter foes at Portman Road on Sunday as refereeing decisions dominated again

Click to follow
Sport
Mick McCarthy did not hold back when asked for his views on supporters' opinions of him

Mick McCarthy did not hold back when asked for his views on supporters' opinions of him ( Getty )

Mick McCarthy has said he is “sick to death” with some Ipswich Town supporters in an expletive-ridden rant following the 1-1 draw with Norwich City in the East Anglia derby.

The 57-year-old launched into extraordinary rhapsody in his post-match press conference on Sunday, saying the perception of him fluctuates “like a bloody fiddler’s elbow”, as the Tractor Boys failed at the seventh attempt to get the better of their rivals.

“I get sick to death,” the former Sunderland and Wolverhampton manager said. “We play one bad half and we’re all s*** and we can’t play. The manager doesn’t care. Get somebody who cares.

Read more

“I’m a boring c***, somebody called me last week. I wish they would call it to my face on my own because his pint of lager ... he would have been wearing it.

“I heard the comments and let me tell you if that’s what they think about me and my team then they are sadly mistaken. I’m not having that. It really does hurt me. Up and down like a bloody fiddler’s elbow. I’m alright one week but I’m not the next.”

Cameron Jerome gave relegated Norwich the lead in the 26th minute but Ipswich cancelled the arrears before half-time with a stoppage-time equaliser from Denmark international Jonas Knudsen. 

The match bubbled with controversy, however, after Jonathan Douglas was denied a goal for the hosts for offside just two minutes into the contest with replays later calling the linesman’s decision into question.

knudsen.jpg

Jonas Knudsen celebrates scoring Ipswich's equaliser (Getty)

McCarthy, who plans to consult Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) over the call, added: “I’ve just been speaking to the lads at Sky and they said there was a ‘suggestion’ from their pundits that it may be onside.

“I said, ‘Well make your f***ing mind up, it either is or it isn’t’. I live in a black and white world. They decided it was onside. If that is the case then I will be battering PGMOL’s door down again on Monday morning with a tirade of, ‘Hey, any chance of us getting a decision?’

“No I won’t ... I’ll be doing that tonight on their answering machine. Somebody asked me on TV, ‘Did you do enough to win the game?’ Well quite clearly we didn’t win. What a stupid bloody question.

“No because we didn’t score two goals. But I thought we played well enough but we didn’t manage to get another goal. The performance was good enough but we didn’t have that second goal in us.”

Follow the Independent Sport on Instagram here, for all of the best images, videos and stories from around the sporting world.

Old Mick's got a long neck.

He's like a giraffe.

Klunk.png