MAD MICK

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Why did he mention that he was there though? He could have just said what he said after without mentioning that.

Personally I think he dropped a hint he'd been in touch. Like Nixon said.

Well, I think he said he was there to let us know that he was there and not elsewhere i.e. at Hillsborough negotiating a contract. You, on the other hand, believe that there was a hidden message about phone calls with Chansiri. I know which one makes the most sense.

47 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Just imagine Mick with some of our support and some on owstalklol

Sport > Football > Football League

Mick McCarthy 'sick to death' with Ipswich supporters whose opinion of him fluctuates like a 'fiddler’s elbow'

Ipswich Town 1 Norwich City 1: The Tractor Boys failed at the seventh attempt to get the better of their bitter foes at Portman Road on Sunday as refereeing decisions dominated again

Click to follow
Sport
Mick McCarthy did not hold back when asked for his views on supporters' opinions of him

Mick McCarthy did not hold back when asked for his views on supporters' opinions of him ( Getty )

Mick McCarthy has said he is “sick to death” with some Ipswich Town supporters in an expletive-ridden rant following the 1-1 draw with Norwich City in the East Anglia derby.

The 57-year-old launched into extraordinary rhapsody in his post-match press conference on Sunday, saying the perception of him fluctuates “like a bloody fiddler’s elbow”, as the Tractor Boys failed at the seventh attempt to get the better of their rivals.

“I get sick to death,” the former Sunderland and Wolverhampton manager said. “We play one bad half and we’re all s*** and we can’t play. The manager doesn’t care. Get somebody who cares.

Read more

“I’m a boring c***, somebody called me last week. I wish they would call it to my face on my own because his pint of lager ... he would have been wearing it.

“I heard the comments and let me tell you if that’s what they think about me and my team then they are sadly mistaken. I’m not having that. It really does hurt me. Up and down like a bloody fiddler’s elbow. I’m alright one week but I’m not the next.”

Cameron Jerome gave relegated Norwich the lead in the 26th minute but Ipswich cancelled the arrears before half-time with a stoppage-time equaliser from Denmark international Jonas Knudsen. 

The match bubbled with controversy, however, after Jonathan Douglas was denied a goal for the hosts for offside just two minutes into the contest with replays later calling the linesman’s decision into question.

knudsen.jpg

Jonas Knudsen celebrates scoring Ipswich's equaliser (Getty)

McCarthy, who plans to consult Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) over the call, added: “I’ve just been speaking to the lads at Sky and they said there was a ‘suggestion’ from their pundits that it may be onside.

“I said, ‘Well make your f***ing mind up, it either is or it isn’t’. I live in a black and white world. They decided it was onside. If that is the case then I will be battering PGMOL’s door down again on Monday morning with a tirade of, ‘Hey, any chance of us getting a decision?’

“No I won’t ... I’ll be doing that tonight on their answering machine. Somebody asked me on TV, ‘Did you do enough to win the game?’ Well quite clearly we didn’t win. What a stupid bloody question.

“No because we didn’t score two goals. But I thought we played well enough but we didn’t manage to get another goal. The performance was good enough but we didn’t have that second goal in us.”

Follow the Independent Sport on Instagram here, for all of the best images, videos and stories from around the sporting world.

This sort of outburst is what we have been lacking in a manager for years.....Like him or not .. he’s got two teams promoted from this division... managed in the premiership and at a World Cup ....Can’t remember a Wednesday manager with a cv like that !!!!.... If rumours are true... Get him in ASAP......A passionate outspoken manager at last 

1 hour ago, Triple O said:

Just imagine Mick with some of our support and some on owstalklol

Sport > Football > Football League

Mick McCarthy 'sick to death' with Ipswich supporters whose opinion of him fluctuates like a 'fiddler’s elbow'

Ipswich Town 1 Norwich City 1: The Tractor Boys failed at the seventh attempt to get the better of their bitter foes at Portman Road on Sunday as refereeing decisions dominated again

Click to follow
Sport
Mick McCarthy did not hold back when asked for his views on supporters' opinions of him

Mick McCarthy did not hold back when asked for his views on supporters' opinions of him ( Getty )

Mick McCarthy has said he is “sick to death” with some Ipswich Town supporters in an expletive-ridden rant following the 1-1 draw with Norwich City in the East Anglia derby.

The 57-year-old launched into extraordinary rhapsody in his post-match press conference on Sunday, saying the perception of him fluctuates “like a bloody fiddler’s elbow”, as the Tractor Boys failed at the seventh attempt to get the better of their rivals.

“I get sick to death,” the former Sunderland and Wolverhampton manager said. “We play one bad half and we’re all s*** and we can’t play. The manager doesn’t care. Get somebody who cares.

Read more

“I’m a boring c***, somebody called me last week. I wish they would call it to my face on my own because his pint of lager ... he would have been wearing it.

“I heard the comments and let me tell you if that’s what they think about me and my team then they are sadly mistaken. I’m not having that. It really does hurt me. Up and down like a bloody fiddler’s elbow. I’m alright one week but I’m not the next.”

Cameron Jerome gave relegated Norwich the lead in the 26th minute but Ipswich cancelled the arrears before half-time with a stoppage-time equaliser from Denmark international Jonas Knudsen. 

The match bubbled with controversy, however, after Jonathan Douglas was denied a goal for the hosts for offside just two minutes into the contest with replays later calling the linesman’s decision into question.

knudsen.jpg

Jonas Knudsen celebrates scoring Ipswich's equaliser (Getty)

McCarthy, who plans to consult Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) over the call, added: “I’ve just been speaking to the lads at Sky and they said there was a ‘suggestion’ from their pundits that it may be onside.

“I said, ‘Well make your f***ing mind up, it either is or it isn’t’. I live in a black and white world. They decided it was onside. If that is the case then I will be battering PGMOL’s door down again on Monday morning with a tirade of, ‘Hey, any chance of us getting a decision?’

“No I won’t ... I’ll be doing that tonight on their answering machine. Somebody asked me on TV, ‘Did you do enough to win the game?’ Well quite clearly we didn’t win. What a stupid bloody question.

“No because we didn’t score two goals. But I thought we played well enough but we didn’t manage to get another goal. The performance was good enough but we didn’t have that second goal in us.”

Follow the Independent Sport on Instagram here, for all of the best images, videos and stories from around the sporting world.

He will fit like a glove here then. 

2 hours ago, bladeshater said:

For me as I have posted a couple of times Holloway and Paul Hurst as his assistant ready to take over in 18 months time would be my choice. 

But if it's big mick he would make us hard to beat and would rescue this season 

Do those two know each other ?

Do they want to work together?

Do they have the same football philosophy?

Is Holloway willing to pack is job in after 18 months ?

Have you had a drink? 

The more you think about it the more it seems the perfect choice.

He’s a Yorkshireman 

He has experience managing in this league

he has experience getting teams promoted from this league 

he has experience managing a team with zero funds in this league 

he has experience bringing young players into the team 

He’ll be hungry for the challenge 

The main negative seems to be his style of play. But he didn’t have the likes of Forestieri and Bannan in his squad at Ipswich. So who knows how dull it will be?

Really hope this happens now

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Deep down I think we all know that if DC does see sense and get rid of Jos he will just appoint yet another unknown foreign manager we haven’t heard of. 

Is there a prize I don't know about for the 1,000th person to post exactly this? The way things are going I think there must be. :dry:

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

The more you think about it the more it seems the perfect choice.

He’s a Yorkshireman 

He has experience managing in this league

he has experience getting teams promoted from this league 

he has experience managing a team with zero funds in this league 

he has experience bringing young players into the team 

He’ll be hungry for the challenge 

The main negative seems to be his style of play. But he didn’t have the likes of Forestieri and Bannan in his squad at Ipswich. So who knows how dull it will be?

Really hope this happens now

Totally agree, he would sort us out. 

1 hour ago, roaminowl said:

Well, I think he said he was there to let us know that he was there and not elsewhere i.e. at Hillsborough negotiating a contract. You, on the other hand, believe that there was a hidden message about phone calls with Chansiri. I know which one makes the most sense.

You do no contracts don't have to be agreed straight away?

For example he could have given his verbal word and then fly home to sign a deal.

There's something defo in it imo.

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You do no contracts don't have to be agreed straight away?

For example he could have given his verbal word and then fly home to sign a deal.

There's something defo in it imo.

I do no (sic) that, yes. It still doesn't explain your reasoning. You're hearing things that aren't there.

• Haha 1