MAD MICK

look at it from DCs point of view.

tried being really hands on, even with the signings etc. yet its at the point were hes getting abused at the ground.

his buying players game wont seem as much fun with no money to spend either.

maybe he is thinking of giving MM a budget(!) to work within, but letting him get on with it, (compared to the last two)

would certainly take the pressure off him. and give the fans what they want. 

knowing MM knows the game so well, as well as being used to having a tight budget, just maybe DC will give this way a try.

MM could easy do a 'Warnock at cardiff' here as there is alot to be said for a manager doing good with a poor squad for a few years, then all of a sudden having a bit of quality. bit like Colin at rovrum, it invigorates them.

MM would be a masterstroke. fans would love him, players would play for him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

look at it from DCs point of view.

tried being really hands on, even with the signings etc. yet its at the point were hes getting abused at the ground.

his buying players game wont seem as much fun with no money to spend either.

maybe he is thinking of giving MM a budget(!) to work within, but letting him get on with it, (compared to the last two)

would certainly take the pressure off him. and give the fans what they want. 

knowing MM knows the game so well, as well as being used to having a tight budget, just maybe DC will give this way a try.

MM could easy do a 'Warnock at cardiff' here as there is alot to be said for a manager doing good with a poor squad for a few years, then all of a sudden having a bit of quality. bit like Colin at rovrum, it invigorates them.

MM would be a masterstroke. fans would love him, players would play for him.

A very good appraisal.

I think you're onto something there.

We need a manager who's unruly, with personality.

One who's only just on the right side of the law.

Francis used to say that if you can block up midfield and the defence too, and you've got the fire power to compliment it, then that wins you most matches at this level.

He was referring to the then First Division, but the Championship is of a similar standard now.

The six-fingered one doubtless subscribes to that view, and he's certainly thwarted many a team better than his own (not least ours), but he's been hampered in recent times by a lack of goals.

We're not short of goalscorers, so maybe he can put his plan into action here.

Owls fans hate all of these British managers, the type that other local teams seem to have but we never do, but it's probably because of their disagreeable personalities that they're successful.

10 hours ago, vulva said:

Sure I read a story from years ago where he disliked Wednesday. Something to do with where he lived in Barnsley, and all his neighbours were Wednesdayites. 

And that incident where he got Simek sent off was a shocker. 

Wouldn’t be my first choice, but he might just be the right man at the right time. 

Warnock once called diouf a sewer rat, then went back on it because he didn't want to offend sewer rats

Anyway a year or so later he signed him for Leeds 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, oldishowl said:

What will he do differently?

You won’t see players like Onomah and Reach strolling about. He gets 100% effort out of players.

He will play a consistent system 

He will not drop our best defender to the bench for no apparent reason 

He will not make a minimum of 2 changes to his defence every week 

He will get us a clean sheet 

We will press teams in their own half instead of camping out on the edge of our own box 

He manages players rather than just dumping them.

He will not be sat on the bench looking at his feet while his team are getting stuffed on the pitch.

Given time teams will no longer look forward to coming to Hillsborough 

Back to the Future was film you know.

19 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

When Cardiff appointed Warnock their fans weren’t exactly happy, with his personality and style of football. But soon changed their mind.

Im not saying Mick could get us promoted, Cardiff fans didn’t expect Warnock too, but sometimes managers just click with particular clubs. And maybe Mick managing a team in Yorkshire will click too 

He is the only 'Old' school manager I would want.

Whatever happens with Jos, I just want us to plan for the long term future, not just next few games.

In McCarthy last season of Ipswich didn’t he have a similar project on his hands as Jos? In terms of having to play kids as no money to invest, crowd on his back etc? 

If im not mistaken he gave the ‘fans’ some back too on more than one occasion. 

Not it sure it’s s recipe for success, but could certainly be entertaining. 

31 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

He wants the job, that is clear to see.

59 year old, commentating in some back whack Asian country I understand. Of course he wants the job, 3 year contract fu8kall to work with so he can't be held responsible for what happens this season. Happy days, nice pension fund. Like someone who as already alluded to, similar situation with Ipswich and look what happened. Commentating in some back whack Asian country. If we are going to build for the future, that's exactly what we do irrespective of how this season pans out. I'm sorry but MM's of this world are not for future building but quick fixes which very rarely work out. In Wednesdays case its not a quick fix which ever you look at it.

35 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

59 year old, commentating in some back whack Asian country I understand. Of course he wants the job, 3 year contract fu8kall to work with so he can't be held responsible for what happens this season. Happy days, nice pension fund. Like someone who as already alluded to, similar situation with Ipswich and look what happened. Commentating in some back whack Asian country. If we are going to build for the future, that's exactly what we do irrespective of how this season pans out. I'm sorry but MM's of this world are not for future building but quick fixes which very rarely work out. In Wednesdays case its not a quick fix which ever you look at it.

We need a Sergeant Major at this moment to drag the players and the club out of the beginnings of a tailspin and through a potentially tricky 2 years...

Not a time for experiments and shrugging shoulders.

If you are strong enough, you are good enough to compete.