THE LOAN DEADLINE DAY THREAD

14 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I thought about this the other day, Wilder is in the right.

Scouring lower leagues, finding players with ambition to prove themselves at a higher level.

Who are on peanuts by the way...

Then it's sink or swim. Prove yourself or go. No messing about. Making every penny count.

We on the other hand, are the place where dinosaurs come to die, Almen Abdi - No ambition to prove himself, No ambition to play for SWFC, leaching every penny we've got. Easy to motivate Wilder's Team, our fancy dans need all the stars to align.

They’ve got Clarke, Sharp and McGoldrick up front and sold Brooks. Enough said.

14 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I thought about this the other day, Wilder is in the right.

Scouring lower leagues, finding players with ambition to prove themselves at a higher level.

Who are on peanuts by the way...

Then it's sink or swim. Prove yourself or go. No messing about. Making every penny count.

We on the other hand, are the place where dinosaurs come to die, Almen Abdi - No ambition to prove himself, No ambition to play for SWFC, leaching every penny we've got. Easy to motivate Wilder's Team, our fancy dans need all the stars to align.

You could look at it like that, or ya could think "hold on minute" you've (wilder) been given free range to sign all these players, some you've chased for months and now you wanna get rid, thats not making every penny count, that's takin the pizz. 

Don't ya find it funny tho that all this bluster about aiming for quality players has amounted to freebies, McGoldrick and Washington. 

4 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

They’ve got Clarke, Sharp and McGoldrick up front and sold Brooks. Enough said.

Who has looked every bit the star player at Bournemouth. 

Imagine the stick chansiri would have got on here had we sold Forestieri through choice to fund some new worse than him signings and he had torn it up in the premier league.

29 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

I don`t think it is so much as a free pass to be honest.

Up to this season Wilder has dealt with low end signings at little cost, some pay off ( Fleck, Duffy, Baldock, Stevens, O,Connell ) , some don`t ( Evans, Leonard, Holmes, Thomas, Hennigan) , but this is done at low risk and relatively by champ standards very little cost to the club.

And one thing i will say is that if he isnt impressed he doesnt let them stagnate and pick up a wage, he moves them out.

36 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Or you could play your best keeper, and loan Dawson or Wildsmith out, because Westwood doesn’t look to be moving at the moment does he? And we’re currently shipping too many goals with the young kids in goal.

And it doesn’t take someone with an IQ above 10 to work that one out.

By the way, you’ve set the club up for criticism on two accounts

1)If we fail to sign an experienced CB today

2)If after treating Westwood so poorly, the club still fail to move him on.

We then have a four month period where we possibly continue to ignore Westwood (which makes no sense to me) or, as I think will happen, you’re forced to bring him back into the picture if we keep shipping goals.

Though of course in anticipation of any suggestions of weakness, or going back on previous decisions, our Head Coach has already declared that ALL players will get their chance during the course of the season. So hopefully will include Westwood, Abdi, Jones etc who in my mind, may still have a vital part to play if they can find some form as I don’t believe you become a pish poor player overnight when you were previously playing at Premier League standard before joining the player graveyard that is Sheffield Wednesday. Why that happens may be worth further consideration.

So all could end well in the end.

Whilst Owls Talk prattles on about injuries that lead to the loss of vital players like Dawson, Preston and Kirby, we can then bring in crap players like Westwood, Abdi, Hooper and Jones.

Westwood in any one of the other 23 teams in our league would be in the match day squad if not the starting 11, but we decide to not include him because he is third choice.

At the same time we are in a financial mess because we have too many players on big wages not playing any football - Hutch, Westwood, Abdi, Hooper, Winnall the list goes on. So if he is third choice as our manager has said then loan him out get his wages off the overheads maybe even a fee. But instead we will do jack and let his wages run down to the end of the season its only another £1,000,0000 wasted on a third choice keeper and we wonder how we are losing £20,000,000+ a season.

:Chansiri:

19 minutes ago, notts0wl said:

Seriously ? Maybe he just took it as a compliment. I don't see the disrespectfullness in being wanted by other teams just shows his quality

Yeah seriously hope he goes. Not because of the tweet because he's injury prone and picking up big money. If we can get him off the wage bill now it's a bonus especially if we get a few hundred grand aswell 

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

Selling when the time is right. 

Is the best trait of any chairman. 

Look at Leeds, sold Chris Wood, Lewis Cook and Ronaldo Vieria last couple of seasons. 30m plus. Are they weaker or stronger? 

We don’t know yet. Started like a house on fire last year and finished mid table. There’s a lot of back slapping for their squad and manager at the moment. Let’s see where they are in the new year 

I am still hoping on Batth and I think it will happen.

If we don’t sign a big commanding centre half, we will regret it. I don’t rate JVA, Pudil is getting on and whilst Thorniley is a top prospect, it’s a position that you need experience. Plus Lees and Thorniley are on the short side.

Make this happen DC!

1 minute ago, Ballmeist said:

United sold their best young talent (Brooks) for £11m. We let our best young talent (Hirst) go for free ...

although I agree to a point, that we would be better off producing our own players and selling some on for big money if possible, I don't agree that Hirst was our best young talent. There were a few better young players at the time, some of which have been loaned out and/or worked their way into the first team squad.

2 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

United sold their best young talent (Brooks) for £11m. We let our best young talent (Hirst) go for free ...

That £11m is over a period not up front, we did receive a fee for Hirst, not sure on amount but over 100k. 

Pigs are about to sign Conor Washington who's had his contract cancelled by QPR. 

13 goals in 92 appearances. 

Game changer.