THE LOAN DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Anyhow, less than 5 hours to go, to bring in those players we felt we needed between now and January, to aid with this season’s promotion push.

We got the good news promised at the Fans’ Forum, so we’ll no doubt have been trying ever since to bring in some loans to bolster our promotion ambitions (assuming our targets aren’t beyond reach, and are better than we already have). Else JL will have to get on with what he was brought in to do i.e. get the best out of what we have. Though I’m not convinced that making Westwood our no.3 keeper was a great start in that respect.

9 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Lets hope they implode as I can’t do with them. They will fair better this season but they aren’t brilliant. Cooper and Berardi at centre half for example. Phillips who plays holding midfield is also crap.

Leeds have the same squad but have brought in 3 top quality players... wtf? :laugh:

1 hour ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

we still clearly lack pace and physicality, there is an imbalance in the team, i.e. we don't have the players to suit playing 3 at the back and we lack a holding midfielder to effectively play 4 at the back, also lack some creativity and pace on the break, etc...

I think some of the youth has helped the pace and playing 3 in the middle with Reach, Bannan and Pelupessy helps there with Physicality. When we want to be more physical then play hutch. We have played 4 at the back in the last 2 home games which we won so i think he will stick with this system for a while. We have holding midfielders in Hutch and Jones. Keep Fessi and keep Bannan fit and we will be creative, also Hooper and Lee to comeback. Sorry disagree. Signing players doesn't solve everything.

2 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

I think some of the youth has helped the pace and playing 3 in the middle with Reach, Bannan and Pelupessy helps there with Physicality. When we want to be more physical then play hutch. We have played 4 at the back in the last 2 home games which we won so i think he will stick with this system for a while. We have holding midfielders in Hutch and Jones. Keep Fessi and keep Bannan fit and we will be creative, also Hooper and Lee to comeback. Sorry disagree. Signing players doesn't solve everything.

All of those points are a step in the right direction, but none of them have made us a coherent attacking force Of course that might just be the fault of a negative coach At least if we bring in the missing pieces, then Jos has no excuses for not going on the attack Not sure I can endure a full season of what we’ve seen so far

If we fail to bring in a CB before 5.00 pm, and it transpires that it's Jos who's happy with what he has, then as far as I'm concerned his future at the club is wedded to forthcoming results.

None of this "it's nothing to do with me mate that we're losing every week".

He's taken the decision to bin off not only the best keeper at the club, but like as not in the division.

How will "Cami" fare when he's picking the ball out of the net two or three times every game, as seems likely when you consider whom we've got to face shortly?

Jos is paid a lot of money (even more than Carlito) to get these decisions right.

If he gets them wrong, then he pays with his job.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Selling when the time is right. 

Is the best trait of any chairman. 

Look at Leeds, sold Chris Wood, Lewis Cook and Ronaldo Vieria last couple of seasons. 30m plus. Are they weaker or stronger? 

50 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Sink or swim. They're swimming.

Selling Brooks was a no brainer, they'll be better for it.

That may well be true but I was just making the point that they’ve got and signed a few “dinosaurs” themselves.

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

If we fail to bring in a CB before 5.00 pm, and it transpires that it's Jos who's happy with what he has, then as far as I'm concerned his future at the club is wedded to forthcoming results.

He's taken the decision to bin off not only the best keeper at the club, but like as not in the division.

How will "Cami" fare when he's picking the ball out of the net two or three times every game, as seems likely when you consider whom we've got to face shortly?

Jos is paid a lot of money (even more than Carlito) to get these decisions right.

Ridiculous post. Jos would strengthen the squad if he was allowed to. Every manager would. 

If we don't sign anyone it is clear the club can't due to FFP.

• Thanks 1

Guest addedtime
15 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Anyhow, less than 5 hours to go, to bring in those players we felt we needed between now and January, to aid with this season’s promotion push.

We got the good news promised at the Fans’ Forum, so we’ll no doubt have been trying ever since to bring in some loans to bolster our promotion ambitions (assuming our targets aren’t beyond reach, and are better than we already have). Else JL will have to get on with what he was brought in to do i.e. get the best out of what we have. Though I’m not convinced that making Westwood our no.3 keeper was a great start in that respect.

Promotion push....ha ha!!

Guest addedtime
7 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

But how much of the negotiating and dealing does he personally do? Is it all on his head if he has identified targets and the club don't get them?

I'm surprised to see we're not sending anyone out on loans either... quite a few who've got decent debuts in the Championship/cup fixtures so far who could probably do really well at a League One/Two side, and come back stronger and more developed to us.

Guest addedtime
1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Believe :stuwinky:

I really really wish I could. There's just no spark in the squad. A bit of Lee and Hooper magic would go a long way.

14 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

But what if he gets them right?

11 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

I'm surprised to see we're not sending anyone out on loans either... quite a few who've got decent debuts in the Championship/cup fixtures so far who could probably do really well at a League One/Two side, and come back stronger and more developed to us.

Because we make the loan club pay the players wages in full.

A lot of lower league clubs simply cannot do this. They would rather spend the little money they have on experienced players who they know can do a job for them rather some untested young lad from a Championship club. I don't understand why this is our policy, but I don't understand a lot of the decisions the club makes.

It’s about the only thing I am willing to believe at the moment i.e, that despite everything, it’ll all come together in the end.

Fallouts will become making up with each other, out of form players will find form again, injured players will recover, we’ll get the blend of youth and experience right, we’ll decide on our best side and formation, and make it work, and somehow get up despite the odds being against us this season.

I keep telling myself we’re in a much better position than in the past, and we are, but not happy with the way things have gone with the running of the club, and the management of the playing squad. Mr C needs trustworthy football people advising him (with a Wednesday background preferably), and we need a manager who is respectd highly by experienced senior pros, able to get the best out of them, and deliver promotion.

Fingers crossed eh?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Because we make the loan club pay the players wages in full.

A lot of lower league clubs simply cannot do this. They would rather spend the little money they have on experienced players who they know can do a job for them rather some untested young lad from a Championship club. I don't understand why this is our policy, but I don't understand a lot of the decisions the club makes.

You'd think for the likes of Nielsen, Kirby, J. Lee, etc. we could split the cost of wages and the loaning club would get a good player and we would see them getting match experience... I'm probably just thinking it's that easy..