THE LOAN DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Reading have announced the loan signing of Iran international Saeid Ezatolahi from FC Rostov.

Manager Paul Clement said: “I’m very happy we have been able to sign Saeid on loan within 24 hours of this transfer window closing. Saeid is a strong, powerful central midfield player with good technical ability.

could face us tomorrow

8 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Reading have announced the loan signing of Iran international Saeid Ezatolahi from FC Rostov.

Manager Paul Clement said: “I’m very happy we have been able to sign Saeid on loan within 24 hours of this transfer window closing. Saeid is a strong, powerful central midfield player with good technical ability.

could face us tomorrow

Sounds like the kind of player that we should have been looking at. :biggrin:

The simple facts for us are we are one or two injuries away from a defensive crisis, for the last two season Lees has missed two months of the season with injuries what's so say, the same thing won't happen again then we are relying on either Pudil or JVA stepping in and playing 10-15+ plus to cover. I cannot see it myself, if we get 20 games out of Pudil this season I will be surprised and JVA has barely played for 12 months he needs time to get match fit and match sharp.

We desperately need a experience centre half to marshal the kids and also if he has leadership qualities ala Batth a massive plus as currently without Westwood in the back 5 we have no one organising that back line. Which might have something to do with why we have conceded so many soft goals already this season.

As for the outs -  Westwood 3rd choice it does take someone with an IQ above 10 to realise he needs to be loaned out/ sold to get his wages of the wage bill the other crock big earners of Abdi and Hooper, need to be fit before we can even contemplate getting rid and we all know they will be into the last 6 months of their deal before that happens.

If would also be beneficial for some of the kids on the fringes to get regular game time elsewhere in league 1 or 2 we all saw last season how Clare and Thorniley developed from no where with a 6 month loan away - we could be looking in January at a better baker, O'Grady, Stobbs meaning that we don't need a new central defender or right winger next season and we save a bit on the wages to a win win. 

3 hours ago, simpark said:

We’ve got them, they are called Ash Baker and Matt Penney 

Why would we develop PL club kids when we have our own?

Just thinking that we need to generally improve the squad and they might have better younger players than we have. 

Hopefully Penney and Baker are better than Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, youngsters 

Edited by Rogers

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Sounds like the kind of player that we should have been looking at. :biggrin:

Started his career in Iran then got picked up by Athletico Madrid to play in their youth team, 2015 moved to Rostov in the Russian Premier league and has two loan in the last 2 season in the Russian premier league playing 10 and 15 games respectively.

At 21 has some good experience of playing top flight football in Russia and has represented his country 27 times including playing in the last world cup in Russia. For me if a decent price, every team in this division should have taken a punt. Iran are currently ranked above Bannan's Scotland in the ranking and unlike the Scots qualify for major tournaments. At 21 could develop into a really good player

6 minutes ago, steelowl said:

can't we throw in some completely separate from the deal innovative 'sweetners'   Thai hols etc :ph34r:

Do what the premiership teams do pay very low wages with right deals paid to their offshore tax haven limited companies :stuwinky:

• Like 1