THE LOAN DEADLINE DAY THREAD

I’m so excited, I just can’t hide it, I’m about to lose control and I think I like it.

What a lovely day for a window.

The sun is out, and it’s Friday. What could possibly spoil the day?

The return of Danny Batth to look forward as a bonus.

Does it ever get better than this?

I hope we bring a couple of defenders in

We only need injuries to Pudil and Lees again and we’re in the dark stuff

I’d like to see Batth return, and a flexible defender who can play in a couple of positions one of which being right back.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Doing your last day business early in the day is the way to go. Unless you’re waiting on players from a club who need to bring in replacements themselves first before releasing.

Remember that the later in the day you sign your players on the last day, then generally

1)They’re better quality and worth waiting for 

or 

2)You missed out on your original target and got desperate

Scenario 2 will not apply in our case because we’re learning lessons, and will only bring players in that are better than what we already have.

So, if we bring someone in, wth our squad as good as it is, they should be good ones. FACT.

30 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The simple facts for us are we are one or two injuries away from a defensive crisis, for the last two season Lees has missed two months of the season with injuries what's so say, the same thing won't happen again then we are relying on either Pudil or JVA stepping in and playing 10-15+ plus to cover. I cannot see it myself, if we get 20 games out of Pudil this season I will be surprised and JVA has barely played for 12 months he needs time to get match fit and match sharp.

We desperately need a experience centre half to marshal the kids and also if he has leadership qualities ala Batth a massive plus as currently without Westwood in the back 5 we have no one organising that back line. Which might have something to do with why we have conceded so many soft goals already this season.

As for the outs -  Westwood 3rd choice it does take someone with an IQ above 10 to realise he needs to be loaned out/ sold to get his wages of the wage bill the other crock big earners of Abdi and Hooper, need to be fit before we can even contemplate getting rid and we all know they will be into the last 6 months of their deal before that happens.

If would also be beneficial for some of the kids on the fringes to get regular game time elsewhere in league 1 or 2 we all saw last season how Clare and Thorniley developed from no where with a 6 month loan away - we could be looking in January at a better baker, O'Grady, Stobbs meaning that we don't need a new central defender or right winger next season and we save a bit on the wages to a win win. 

Absolutely spot on this. The reliance on Lees as our only experienced out-and-out centre half is a major risk. He goes lame and we’re entirely reliant on players who are still unproven (Van Aken, Thorniley, Neilsen) or out of position (Pudil, Hutchinson, Fox)

We’re lacking in a number of areas but this has to be priority for me